Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Anyone see Prime time last night? Brilliant stuff.

http://www.rte.ie/player/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

http://www.rte.ie/player/
    About the Taxi's? I only caught the second half but it's hardly surprising though. And the NCT is a total joke, it's well known in the trade that you can pay to have a car passed. I even know someone (that's not in the motor trade) that paid to have it passed. There'll be a couple of guys heading into work today in Fonthill to pick up their P45s!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

i thought it would be more hard hitting-while they only alluded to it, there seems to be a couple of hard men on the o'connell st rank who try and enforce a "whites only" policy there-The NCT stuff didn't surprise me, I've been in too many cabs which are in obviously sh1te condition.
    Worse was the failure of the regulator to even make a comment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Primetime last night was gas. Presenting what everyone knows is going on in a 'the truth revealed' manner.

Also a big lol at the 'dey tuk ar jawbs' mentality of the Irish drivers. Nearly every major city (bar London) has a largely foreign workforce in that area.

The sense of entitlement of these guys really winds me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

jtsuited wrote: »
    Also a big lol at the 'dey tuk ar jawbs' mentality of the Irish drivers. Nearly every major city (bar London) has a largely foreign workforce in that area.

The sense of entitlement of these guys really winds me up.
    I know, they sat on a cash cow for so long. Before de-regulation the amount of money a taxi driver could make in a night was absolutely ridiculous. It's not a skilled job and it should have wages to match.

The racism thing is hardly surprising either. One thing I will say though, there's a very high proportion of foreign lads driving around in absolute bangers. It's understandable why, but it should be up to the regulator to make sure the cars are in good working order.
    I remember getting a taxi home from town a couple of years ago and the guy tried to refuse to go down a street because of the speed ramps. He said it'd wreck what was left of his suspension. Driving in the wrong city if that's the case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

It seems no industry is regulated in this country - Banks Taxi's etc..

Could not believe the taxi woman with 13 kids in her 5 seater car:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Maybe when the Garda cars are all kitted out with the number plate recognition system some of the wrecks might be taken out of rotation. My next door neighbour is a taxi driver and he was telling me he saw a taxi hit a pedestrian on the quays one night. The taxi pulled over a bit up the road, watched his mirror and saw the guy struggle back to his feet, then drove on down the quays. Neighbour had a fare in the car and explained that he wanted to catch up with the other guy.

He caught up handy enough 'cos your man was picking up a fare just up the road. Neighbour tells the guy he hit someone. Driver of colour plays dumb, "oh did I?", and says he'll go back around. My neighbour took all the details he could get, roof sign number, reg number, make and model of car and obviously had a look at the driver. Needless to say, the guy never returned to the scene and when my neighbour reported it, none of the details tallied. The reg didn't belong to that make of car. The roof sign matched neither car nor reg number. And of course, how much detail could a 35 year old Irish guy give to describe a black dude?

Could not believe the taxi woman with 13 kids in her 5 seater car:eek:

really???? jesus when I think of how we used to get to school on buses when I was a kid. 3 in every seat, and at least 20 sitting down on the aisles.

really???? jesus when I think of how we used to get to school on buses when I was a kid. 3 in every seat, and at least 20 sitting down on the aisles.

Buses!!?
    Seats??!
    [best Yorkshire accent]
    We had to walk to school on rusty metal spikes in my day. Five miles there and fifteen back. Delivering newspapers, milk and coal as we went. And we were 'appy to have school!
    etc...
    [/Yorkshire accent]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

From twitter:

I'd say #briancowen is in the horrors somewhere throwing empty cans at the tv

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Zascar wrote: »
    Has anyone here had their wisdom teeth out? I’m supposed to have mine out but I keep putting it off, hearing so many horror stories really puts me off. Mine are bloody huge. The ones at the top are growing out sideways, and the ones at the bottom are ‘impacting’ meaning they are pushing all the others forward. Usually its fine but every once in a while one gets infected. The gum swells up around the tooth, its horrible. Also pushing in on the other teeth, its bloody sore. The roots of my lower ones are really big and grow down towards a major nerve in your jaw, which makes it tricky. My dentist told me there is only one sergeon he would want doing the operation, and that I have to go under general anaesthetic for it. I think I’m going to have to get it done soon now as it’s not going to go away. I know a lot of people have theirs out and its grand, but some others have a really horrible time from it.

Literally just back on the LUAS from the dentists in town. Went in with chronic tooth pain (my eye was throbbing and everything, was on about 8 neurofen plus a day) and had my appointment at noon.

Diagnosed immediately with rotten top left wisdom tooth. 15 minutes waiting for the local anaesthetic to kick in, 2 mins for the xray and about 20 seconds to take it out once she had a grip on it. Completely painless bar the intial injection. Was 40 mins all told, with 15 of that reading the paper with a wad of cotton in my mouth. My sister had some serious work done with her before and she's as painless as a dentist could possibly be - highly recommended and cheap for the quality of it all; 100 for the extraction, 40 for the xray.

Might be worth getting her to have a look for a second opinion anyway; definitely better getting these things sorted out sooner than later. It's only now its out that I realise that I've had a low level headache for about a month!

Celine @ Grafton Dental (no affiliation)
    http://graftondentalsurgery.goldenpages.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

milltown wrote: »
    Buses!!?
    Seats??!
    [best Yorkshire accent]
    We had to walk to school on rusty metal spikes in my day. Five miles there and fifteen back. Delivering newspapers, milk and coal as we went. And we were 'appy to have school!
    etc...
    [/Yorkshire accent]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

A quick update for anyone who is thinking of using Champix to give up smoking.

The beginners course they give you is for 30 days. I gave up smoking after day 12 of the course but continued taking the tablets through to about day 26.

About 4-6 days after I stopped taking the tablets I began getting up very early in the morning. This progressed to me only getting about 4-5 hours of sleep each night. At the start I thought this was great but after a week or so I noticed I was finding it very hard to focus on doing anything (work etc.). This went on for another week and by then I was having some seriously out there thoughts. Don't get me wrong, some of them were brilliant and I fully intend progressing a bunch of them. But others were really out there.

My wife was getting worried by this stage and she contacted the doctor who gave me the tablets. She told me to come in straight away. I did and she explained that they discovered Champix by accident when they were treating depressed people with a new type of anti-depressant. Champix is effectively an anti-depressant so it lifts you. This is all well and good if you're depressed but if you're not, and are at an even level, Champix can lift you (away with the fairies as my wife says).

The doctor prescribed me another drug she said would even me out and help me sleep better. These pills really sorted me out. I'm back sleeping normally and feeling great. I'll be taking the last one tonight after a 10 day course. Will be interesting to see if I can continue sleeping well.

If you decide to go get them, make sure you read the guidance notes that come with them. You should also ask a loved one to keep a close eye on you and if they notice any strange behaviour bring it to yours and the doctors attention.

I've had one of the strangest months ever. It's been amazing at times, weird at others.

Anyhow. Just a little helpful warning to anyone considering getting them.

that's strange.....
    your doctor has clearly confused champix with wellbutrin, which is an antidepressant used for smoking cessation.

champix is a different thing altogether. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champix
    btw, your early morning waking is a textbook depressive symptom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

it does sound more like wellbutrin or zyban side effects. I used zyban to give up smoking years ago and found the 3 weeks of sleeplessness coupled with a never ending headache to be a real bummer. I actually used the time to do some major hiking just to keep me sane during the 3 weeks.

I have to say though, the zyban did the bizz for me.

that's strange.....
    your doctor has clearly confused champix with wellbutrin, which is an antidepressant used for smoking cessation.

champix is a different thing altogether. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champix
    btw, your early morning waking is a textbook depressive symptom.

It's probably me who's mistaken. I was pretty floaty when I was with the doc. I didn't know early morning waking was a symptom of depression. Have to say I was the exact opposite of depressed. I was in great form but just having some odd thoughts about some things I really have no idea about. I also couldn't focus on anything at all. Was getting very little work done.

The second drug she prescribed was called Zy?????. I'll have a look later.

Although I'm pretty sure she did say something along the lines of:-

Champix can act as an anti-depressant and can bring people who are not depressed up above their normal state.

May be a stupid question... but how do I go about getting an office wired for a network? Is it a regular electrician that does the wiring?

If anyone knows anyone that does this, and wants to give me a quote, even better

Champix is horrid stuff IMO. I turned into a woman on them! Mood swing city. Sleep patterns all over the place, even by my shift working standards. Snapping at the wife and kids over ridiculous stuff. I had to bin them after a couple of weeks, for everybody's sake.

I am still off the smokes though, but I'm inclined to think that was sheer bloody mindedness on my part. That I wasn't going through all that ****e for nothing, so I stayed off the fags (bar the odd sneaky one on a session;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

ecover-techno-floor-5ltr.jpg
    :p

• Advertisement

Clanket wrote: »
    The second drug she prescribed was called Zy?????. I'll have a look later.

Was called Zyprexa. Have no idea what it does but it's helped me sleep and feel a bit more, eh, normal. A shame in one way because some of the things I was thinking made so much sense at the time. Am glad I wrote a few things down. Now where did I leave that beermat

joker77 wrote: »
    May be a stupid question... but how do I go about getting an office wired for a network? Is it a regular electrician that does the wiring?

If anyone knows anyone that does this, and wants to give me a quote, even better

Ask whoever's installing the network. They normally have cable guys. When they come to do it, tell them to put the cable tidies in places that don't stick out like a sore thumb (at bottom of walls etc). The guy that did ours a few years back put them all over the place.

Ask whoever's installing the network. They normally have cable guys. When they come to do it, tell them to put the cable tidies in places that don't stick out like a sore thumb (at bottom of walls etc). The guy that did ours a few years back put them all over the place.
    Whoever's installing the network.... that would be me...

There's a wireless network there which I want to replace with a wired one. Have my reasons.

Was called Zyprexa. Have no idea what it does but it's helped me sleep and feel a bit more, eh, normal. A shame in one way because some of the things I was thinking made so much sense at the time. Am glad I wrote a few things down. Now where did I leave that beermat

jaysus Zyprexa......the doctor took what you said about crazy thoughts seriously - it's an atypical antipsychotic.

See the thing is with champix is that depression (proper chemical depression -not feeling sad etc.) is one of the common side effects.

Early morning waking, inablity to concentrate and bizarre thoughts inexplicably appearing are pretty much textbook symptoms of a proper biological depressive occurence.....ironically 'feeling depressed' is not.

I'd say once you've had a few weeks of decent sleep etc you'll be right as rain.

joker77 wrote: »
    Whoever's installing the network.... that would be me...

There's a wireless network there which I want to replace with a wired one. Have my reasons.

Would you not do the wires yourself then? Long ethernet cables, some cable tidies and Bobs your uncle.

jaysus Zyprexa......the doctor took what you said about crazy thoughts seriously - it's an atypical antipsychotic.

See the thing is with champix is that depression (proper chemical depression -not feeling sad etc.) is one of the common side effects.

Early morning waking, inablity to concentrate and bizarre thoughts inexplicably appearing are pretty much textbook symptoms of a proper biological depressive occurence.....ironically 'feeling depressed' is not.

I'd say once you've had a few weeks of decent sleep etc you'll be right as rain.

Yep feeling a lot better now I've had 10 days of sleeping well. Able to concentrate much better and not wildly following every thought I have. At the end of the day, it will all be worth it if I stay off the smokes, which I'm confident I will this time.

It's good to have an idea what was going on because I barely remember what the doctor was saying. Cheers for that JT. Think I remember you saying your studying to be a doctor. How you getting on with it?

It's good to have an idea what was going on because I barely remember what the doctor was saying. Cheers for that JT. Think I remember you saying your studying to be a doctor. How you getting on with it?

still trying to get in to med school. had my first attempt at the dreaded exam there a few weeks ago.....7 hours of an absolutely traumatising horror. results out tomorrow but i doubt i'll get it first time considering i tried to get everything (up to first year uni of biology, chemistry and physics) into 3 months of studying. feeling psyched that i actually managed to follow through on the plan, and will almost definitely get it on my second/third attempt. Can't bloody wait to get back to college, a minor miracle may mean it'll be only a few months away.

Good luck with it. I'm seriously considering going back to college myself to do computer science.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Can't bloody wait to get back to college

I can't bloody wait to get out of college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

I can't bloody wait to get out of college.

Youth is wasted on the young.

Advertisement