Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I had a very similar incodent at Life last year. I actually know this guy, priceless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

ianuss wrote: »
    Youth is wasted on the young.

Tooth is wasted on the tongue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Youth is wasted on the young.

Naw, I just don't really agree with the whole "you have to do 24 years of education to be a real person" lark. I'm in college at a course I have little interest in, but have to do it to get a Trinity degree on my CV, and will then spent the rest of my life doing things entirely unconnected to the course. If I didn't live in Ireland, and there were any decent courses in what I want to do, I'd be doing them, but there aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Naw, I just don't really agree with the whole "you have to do 24 years of education to be a real person" lark. I'm in college at a course I have little interest in, but have to do it to get a Trinity degree on my CV, and will then spent the rest of my life doing things entirely unconnected to the course. If I didn't live in Ireland, and there were any decent courses in what I want to do, I'd be doing them, but there aren't.

The vast majority of people end up in careers totally unconnected to their studies. Unless you're doing law, accountancy, medicine etc you're probably just going to 'end up' somewhere.

My point was, college life is awesome, no matter what you're doing. Most likely you won't fully realise this for a few years......not meant to be patronising but that's just the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

honestly frankie, within 6 months of being out of college you'll miss it.....soon you're one of 'them'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

from YLYL

82db3fc8-cb8c-4662-a603-775521b052a1.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That's deadly Colly. Very hypnotic.

Lots of maths going on there

It's class isn't it. I thought you lads would like it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

Tooth is wasted on the tongue

Tongues are wasted on youth

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »

Newton's balls

no, i'm not being facetious, though I'm sure Android will have some smartass comment to make :D

My point was, college life is awesome, no matter what you're doing. Most likely you won't fully realise this for a few years......not meant to be patronising but that's just the way it is.

Too bloody right, (cue misty eyed music) I had a ball at UCD-make the most of it, join societies, get involved in the SU, take copious amounts of whatever is your favourite poison-trust me, you won't get an opportunity like it again

*leaves wearing slightly soiled old army issue coat with copy of das kapital in pocket*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

francois wrote: »
    *leaves wearing slightly soiled old army issue coat with copy of das kapital in pocket*

Ahh francois your showing your age, more likeley these days it would be a retro styled army jacket from river island with das kapital audio book on ipod:D

Take it most people went the Leaving Cert then straight to College route?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Take it most people went the Leaving Cert then straight to College route?

I went; school - college for 4 days - back to school - to college for a year - to work for a year - college for 5 years - work for 3 years and back to college last year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Leaving cert, PLC for a year, started a 4 year degree, left after first year. Full time employment since 19.

14 years working full time this year.... fúck me.

I went; school - college for 4 days - back to school - to college for a year - to work for a year - college for 5 years - work for 3 years and back to college last year

Ha. The nice and simple route so. ;)

I couldn't wait to finish school so it was off to work full time after I left. I'd been working part time since before my Junior Cert. I then went to College part time at night while still working full time. Hard slog but it was worth it.

In hindsight I would've liked to have done the college thing earlier but I know I wasnt ready at the time.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Junior cert, destroyed by transition year which was made compulsory for my year and then optional again the following year due to many drop outs, including me early into 5th year. Working ever since, 18 years man and boy :pac:

I couldn't wait to finish school so it was off to work full time after I left. I'd been working part time since before my Junior Cert. I then went to College part time at night while still working full time. Hard slog but it was worth.

Studying at night is a nightmare - I've a huge amount of respect for anyone who took that route.

Junior cert, destroyed by transition year which was made compulsory for my year and then optional again the following year due to many drop outs, including me early into 5th year. Working ever since, 18 years man and boy :pac:

I blame the drugs and music, a whole generation of irish people cold have saved us from the situation we are now in, if they hadn't listened to the devil's music i tells ya

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in fitness should consider adding this to their routine, I've given up the gym now altogether in favour of various home exercises and feel much better for it - plus more money!

Anyway, lots of videos on youtube showing how to do them etc and endless info on google as to how good they are. Also Hindu squats.

http://www.google.ie/#hl=en&xhr=t&q=hindu+pushups&cp=9&pq=hindu%20py&pf=p&sclient=psy&safe=off&source=hp&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=hindu+pus&pbx=1&fp=2f038eb9b67cce4e

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hindu+pushups&aq=0&oq=hindu+p

francois wrote: »
    I blame the drugs and music, a whole generation of irish people cold have saved us from the situation we are now in, if they hadn't listened to the devil's music i tells ya

Indeed... and that means you should hang your head in shame for being one of the people to drag Dublin into the pits of hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Leaving Cert - 2 years of college - one year being in a rock and roll band - final year college - masters - boredom interspersed with music and working with an aim of gettin the fook back into college asap.

Anyone interested in fitness should consider adding this to their routine, I've given up the gym now altogether in favour of various home exercises and feel much better for it - plus more money!

Anyway, lots of videos on youtube showing how to do them etc and endless info on google as to how good they are. Also Hindu squats.

http://www.google.ie/#hl=en&xhr=t&q=hindu+pushups&cp=9&pq=hindu%20py&pf=p&sclient=psy&safe=off&source=hp&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=hindu+pus&pbx=1&fp=2f038eb9b67cce4e

you'd want to be doing that stuff in private - you look like a plonker doing it.

you'd want to be doing that stuff in private - you look like a plonker doing it.

Ha yeah, hence why I do it at home - pretty much look like you are dry riding the floor!

I'll give it a whirl tomorrow. What sort of areas do you feel it most, and how many reps would you need to be doing?

I'll give it a whirl tomorrow. What sort of areas do you feel it most, and how many reps would you need to be doing?

I aim for three sets, start with 20, then 15 and finally 10 when I tend to slump to the ground. Its a pretty all round work out but I suppose mostly chest, shoulders and arms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Always wished I'd went to college full time. All mine has been at night.

Have recently been daydreaming of quitting the day job and starting again. Unfortunately there's too many barriers at the minute. But I have been hatching a cunning plan that, if it works out, may allow me go back and study full time (or at least have a timetable that says I should be there full-time :pac:).

I think I read somewhere 30 is the new 20. I may have been dreaming though!

I'd prefer to do these instead!

Just need to do a lot of intensive research on them before I do.....

• Advertisement

I'd prefer to do these instead!

Just need to do a lot of intensive research on them before I do.....

Hell yeah! (In a masculine American drawl).

Advertisement