Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

old gregg wrote: »
    I'd not be a sporty type but at 10:30am this if any of y'all have sky sports or want to find it on the interweb then one of the truly great annual sporting events takes place. I refer to State of Origin from Australia.
    http://www.nrl.com/RepGames/StateofOrigin/tabid/10883/Default.aspx

It's Rugby League but not soft northern hemisphere rugby league :p
    there will be blood
    I'd have gotten up to watch it if I had sky sports. I used to follow the NRL, back when the Bulldogs won it.

You're right in saying that its far tougher than the Super League. How do you reckon Leeds Rhinos or Wigan would do if they competed in the NRL proper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'd have gotten up to watch it if I had sky sports. I used to follow the NRL, back when the Bulldogs won it.

You're right in saying that its far tougher than the Super League. How do you reckon Leeds Rhinos or Wigan would do if they competed in the NRL proper?
    It's the bizz for sure. The only team sport I played when growing up in Sydney. I played for a Roosters feeder team as a kid in Bronte/Bondi.

I don't have Sky either so caught the game on the web via veetle. Pretty good with the obligatory all in punch up to keep folks happy.

I suppose Leeds or Wigan would do well enough against the mid - low ranked teams in the NRL but the top teams would play them off the field and the tough teams like the Dogs would rip them apart.

Yep, love the old NRL. I remember being at a game up in Townsville 2 years ago, 26 degrees at 8pm, sun setting, beer in hand, cheerleaders smoking hot, game flying and remember thinking, now this is what sport is all about, none of that getting frozen and drenched in Landsdown road caper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Yep, love the old NRL. I remember being at a game up in Townsville 2 years ago, 26 degrees at 8pm, sun setting, beer in hand, cheerleaders smoking hot, game flying and remember thinking, now this is what sport is all about, none of that getting frozen and drenched in Landsdown road caper :)
    In fairness, I think the actual sport is pretty irrelevant if you have those conditions!

I'd never heard of the State of Origin - myself and a mate were driving our Nissan minivan from Brisbane to a place called Stanthorpe about 200kms away (to go working on a farm pruning peach trees, another story). Anyway, our van broke down in the middle of nowhere, so we had to spend a night in this tiny town with just a bar for the night. The first State of Origin game was on the telly, so we settled in with a few brews to watch it. Was good banter watching the match with the locals and finding out the history, wouldn't be much of a rugby fan but I liked the idea of the State of Origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's Rugby League but not soft northern hemisphere rugby league :p
    there will be blood
    Aussie sports are not for the faint hearted

1305799528_dangerous_rugby_collision.gif

feel free to mute the cheesy metalica soundtrack but here you go, an essential part of Origin :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

feel free to mute the cheesy metalica soundtrack but here you go, an essential part of Origin :p

LMAO :D where does the sport part come in

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Pfft, rugby or no rugby - that's just Aussies!!

Apart from you Greg, you are one of the nice ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Aussie sports are not for the faint hearted

1305799528_dangerous_rugby_collision.gif

Ooooooohh, youd walk away from a car crash better!

Note his team mate just makes for the ball in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

The following is a telephone exchange between a hotel guest and room-service, at a hotel in Asia which was recorded and published in the Far East Economic Review...

Room Service (RS): "Morny. Ruin sorbees"
    Guest (G): "Sorry, I thought I dialed room-service"
    RS: "Rye..Ruin sorbees..morny! Djewish to odor sunteen??"
    G: "Uh..yes..I'd like some bacon and eggs"
    RS: "Ow July den?"
    G: "What??"
    RS: "Ow July den?...pry, boy, pooch?"
    G: "Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry, scrambled please."
    RS: "Ow July dee bayhcem...crease?"
    G: "Crisp will be fine."
    RS : "Hokay. An San tos?"
    G: "What?"
    RS:"San tos. July San tos?"
    G: "I don't think so"
    RS: "No? Judo one toes??"
    G: "I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what
    'judo one toes 'means."
    RS: "Toes! toes!...why djew Don Juan toes? Ow bow singlish mopping we bother?"
    G: "English muffin!! I've got it! You were saying 'Toast.' Fine. Yes, an English muffin will be fine."
    RS: "We bother?"
    G: "No..just put the bother on the side."
    RS: "Wad?"
    G: "I mean butter...just put it on the side."
    RS: "Copy?"
    G: "Sorry?"
    RS: "Copy...tea...mill?"
    G: "Yes. Coffee please, and that's all."
    RS: "One Minnie. Ass ruin torino fee, strangle ache, crease baychem,tossy singlish mopping we bother honey sigh, and copy....rye??"
    G: "Whatever you say"
    RS: "Tendjewberrymud"
    G: "You're welcome"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

francois wrote: »
    Finally an excellent and disturbing doc

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0342172/

Watched this last night. Very disturbing indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

milltown wrote: »
    The following is a telephone exchange between a hotel guest and room-service, at a hotel in Asia which was recorded and published in the Far East Economic Review...

Room Service (RS): "Morny. Ruin sorbees"
    Guest (G): "Sorry, I thought I dialed room-service"
    RS: "Rye..Ruin sorbees..morny! Djewish to odor sunteen??"
    G: "Uh..yes..I'd like some bacon and eggs"
    RS: "Ow July den?"
    G: "What??"
    RS: "Ow July den?...pry, boy, pooch?"
    G: "Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry, scrambled please."
    RS: "Ow July dee bayhcem...crease?"
    G: "Crisp will be fine."
    RS : "Hokay. An San tos?"
    G: "What?"
    RS:"San tos. July San tos?"
    G: "I don't think so"
    RS: "No? Judo one toes??"
    G: "I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what
    'judo one toes 'means."
    RS: "Toes! toes!...why djew Don Juan toes? Ow bow singlish mopping we bother?"
    G: "English muffin!! I've got it! You were saying 'Toast.' Fine. Yes, an English muffin will be fine."
    RS: "We bother?"
    G: "No..just put the bother on the side."
    RS: "Wad?"
    G: "I mean butter...just put it on the side."
    RS: "Copy?"
    G: "Sorry?"
    RS: "Copy...tea...mill?"
    G: "Yes. Coffee please, and that's all."
    RS: "One Minnie. Ass ruin torino fee, strangle ache, crease baychem,tossy singlish mopping we bother honey sigh, and copy....rye??"
    G: "Whatever you say"
    RS: "Tendjewberrymud"
    G: "You're welcome"

Ha......lacism is hirarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I raffed ow rowd :D

# 92 please

My interwebs keeps crashing. Firefox, Chrome etc., I'm using a laptop and it's picking up the router okay, and the signal strength is good and all that jazz. But every now and then it just stops loading pages.

And if I run one of those 'let windows diagnose the problem' things it says everything is okay. Anyone any ideas on what the problem might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

ianuss wrote: »
    My interwebs keeps crashing. Firefox, Chrome etc., I'm using a laptop and it's picking up the router okay, and the signal strength is good and all that jazz. But every now and then it just stops loading pages.

And if I run one of those 'let windows diagnose the problem' things it says everything is okay. Anyone any ideas on what the problem might be?

Stops loading as in stops completely (no activity) or continues to look like it's loading but nothing happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Your internal internet/network card may be fecked.

It continues to look like it's loading but just stays like that for ages. Like 30 mins or something. Then if I restart the 'pooter it works fine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Does it take long to get to the point where it does nothing? What version of Windows are you using?

I'm using windows vista home premium. Laptop is about 2 years old I think.

I don't really know how long it takes before it stops working. I couldn't say if it happened after an hour, 2 hrs etc.. It just seems to happen sporadically.

How would I check if it was the network card thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

How would I check if it was the network card thing?

Run a continuous ping test with a large packet to a website and see if the connection drops ping ( ping -t -l 1024 google.ie use ctrl+c to cancel, you will get some dropped packets but not many) if you get loads check these:

Can you upgrade the router firmware?
    Check that there are no nasties spewing stuff from your laptop
    check if the drop outs occur with a wired connection
    See if there is an updated driver for your nic
    Have you cleared your cache? tried do temporarily disable addons on your browsers
    Can you get anothe laptop to test?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Francois you big nerd! Didn't realise you are a super techie! lol

I wonder how many of us here actually work in IT?

Run a continuous ping test with a large packet to a website and see if the connection drops ping ( ping -t -l 1024 google.ie use ctrl+c to cancel, you will get some dropped packets but not many) if you get loads check these:

Have you cleared your cache? tried do temporarily disable addons on your browsers

I'm gonna wreck your head now - you see, I'm a retard when it comes to computers. If the 'any key' doesn't fix a problem, I'm lost. Tbh, I don't really understand what a continuous ping test is.

It works fine from a wired connection and I checked for a new driver and it said mine was up to date.

I had cleared the cache recently but I haven't done anything to the add-ons afaik.

Running various virus scans too. So far, nothing's showed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Tbh, I don't really understand what a continuous ping test is.

It's where you sit in the corner of the pub and shout 'Ping!' continuously until someone comes over and punches you in the face. I've only ever last 6 minutes but then I've an extremely punchable face…

I'm gonna wreck your head now - you see, I'm a retard when it comes to computers. If the 'any key' doesn't fix a problem, I'm lost. Tbh, I don't really understand what a continuous ping test is.

go to start>run and type in cmd, this will bring up a command window, type in ping -t -l 1024 google.ie and hit enter you will get a series of replies, let it run for a while and then stop it-you should have at least 97% replies

Just as a start though have you rebooted the router, and checked the cabling to the phone line? Is there a DSL filter on it?

go to start>run and type in cmd, this will bring up a command window, type in ping -t -l 1024 google.ie and hit enter you will get a series of replies, let it run for a while and then stop it-you should have at least 97% replies

Just as a start though have you rebooted the router, and checked the cabling to the phone line? Is there a DSL filter on it?

Ye, I've rebooted the router, checked the lines too. There is a DSL filter - does that matter?

I reckon I should just throw the thing in the bin - I'm too thick to own a computer.

Ye, I've rebooted the router, checked the lines too. There is a DSL filter - does that matter?

I reckon I should just throw the thing in the bin - I'm too thick to own a computer.

You need a dsl filter, otherwise your connection will drop when a call is made-you need them on all the phone connections btw.

Try getting an updated driver for your NIC (win7 drivers will do for vista)
    Who is your ISP?

you can also try resetting the tcp stack
    open a cmd prompt again and type in: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

then reboot

• Advertisement

That ping thing came back 100%. ISP is Vodafone. I checked for driver updates and it said I was up to date already, are you saying I should look for a windows 7 one instead?

Advertisement