Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

jtsuited wrote: »
    Isn't Old Gregg technically a philosophy student? Fcuk all existential moping outta that fella.

But he internalises it all. Someday he is going to be pushed to the edge and going to go batsh¡t Descartes crazy on all our asses and then you'll be metaphysically sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/gallery/2011/may/27/free-party-scene-in-pictures

shame none of irelands legendary nights never made it in here.

This story is the brilliant:

Wardrobe trolls
    When I was about 8ish, my imagination fuelled by Point Horror tales, I used to terrify my little brother with stories about how the troll in his wardrobe would crawl out and eat him while he was asleep. (This was many years pre-Monster's Inc - the royalties cheque must have got lost in the post.) It got to the stage where I'd convinced him that the only way for him to be truly safe was by turning the lights off, knocking 3 times on the wardrobe door, spinning round three times, and saying "I'm not afraid of the trolls in the dark!" three times before getting into bed as fast as possible. After a couple of weeks he was doing this every night

Those of you with siblings can probably see where this is going.

One night, the second after he'd finished the final, "I'm not afraid...", I leapt out of the wardrobe wearing my glow-in-the-dark Spiderman pyjamas, a sheet tied round my neck (as a cape obviously - all wardrobe trolls wear capes!) and a Leonardo (turtle not Renaissance painter/inventor) face mask roaring my head off.

20 years on, my brother swears to this day that he's never been more scared in his life.

He screamed - very loudly - for a long time, and my parents quickly arrived on the scene. It didn't take Poirot to figure out what had happened - my brother was curled up in a ball on the floor bawling his eyes out, I was standing (dressed very dashingly IMHO) in front of the now open wardrobe looking guilty as sin.

Mum went to comfort my brother and eventually calmed him down. Dad found the whole thing quite amusing right up until the point he realised my brother had literally shat himself, on the carpet, by treading in it.

Epilogue:
    The next morning was Sunday. I was grounded, my brother was still slightly traumatised. After breakfast, Mum sent me upstairs to spend the morning tidying my room.

As I went into my room, as usual, all the sheets were now on the floor. But when I went to pick them up they leapt up in the air at me going "Rarrrrggghhhhh!"

To this day I swear I have never been so scared in my life. I shrieked, in not a particularly manly fashion, and turned to run out of the room. In my panic I tripped over some of the many other items on the floor and fell headfirst into my bedside table.

When Mum arrived, I was sitting on the floor, blood streaming down my face, looking stunned. Dad was sheepishly comforting me, still holding onto the sheet.

She said nothing, just went to get the car out of the garage for what was one of many trips to Casualty me and my brother made in our childhood.

b3ta.com is great to wile away the time...

http://b3ta.com/questions/trolls/post1208700

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Sexy girls have it easy http://vimeo.com/12030156

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

• Advertisement

While it's really cool that this story has made the front page of The Guardian's website, it's a really poor reflection on Irish society that this is the sort of lengths you have to go to to get a frickin' job.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/may/31/jobless-paddy-ireland-billboard-ad

And what really annoys me is all the recruitment agents posting on his FB page saying that they'd be delighted to help him etc etc........when the thing is, if these a55holes were actually doing their fookin' job in the first place he wouldn't have had to spend €2,000 to get noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

"Mac An Iomaire said he came up with the idea after being unemployed for eight months after a year in Australia."

Yeah sure ya did Macker. Like all good marketing people, you came up with the idea alllllll by yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

ianuss wrote: »
    While it's really cool that this story has made the front page of The Guardian's website, it's a really poor reflection on Irish society that this is the sort of lengths you have to go to to get a frickin' job.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/may/31/jobless-paddy-ireland-billboard-ad

And what really annoys me is all the recruitment agents posting on his FB page saying that they'd be delighted to help him etc etc........when the thing is, if these a55holes were actually doing their fookin' job in the first place he wouldn't have had to spend €2,000 to get noticed.

only a marketing graduate would do something so mind-bendingly thick. The worst thing is, some people will say 'marketing genius' etc.

Honest to christ......speaking of marketing cúnts, have you seen this sh1t?

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/chloes-burning-ambition-and-dedication-to-her-tragic-boyfriend-rory-2660669.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

BaZmO* wrote: »
    "Mac An Iomaire said he came up with the idea after being unemployed for eight months after a year in Australia."

Yeah sure ya did Macker. Like all good marketing people, you came up with the idea alllllll by yourself

I genuinely can't believe that marketing and advertising people get paid for most of the jobs they do......the worst thing is that there are guys out there doing really great ads like the Volkswagen ones etc, and the usual ones that feature on Tarrant on TV etc. (which apparently are done by only a handful of agencies who aren't completely populated by morons).

That latest lucozade ad is the perfect example of retarded advertising.....you can imagine the marketing department meeting that went into it.....

" Right, who do we want identifying with our brand?"
    " Oh Rock Stars, and 'urban' artists and perhaps sportspersons....but unconventional sportspersons to show that we're like, out there. We're broadening our target market"
    "So who can we get?"
    "Well we put the feelers out and all we can get is Katie Taylor, Tinie Tempah and the drummer from Blink 182"
    "Perfect, let's put them in a room, get them to play a really 'vibrant' and uptempo song"
    "But er, the boxer? What'll she do?"
    "Just get her to punch the air really fast, so we bring a whole new level of dynamism to the brand"
    "Wow, that's genius....but we want it to send a positive message too....how can we do that?"
    "I know, but bear with me as I'm really thinking outside the box here, we'll put the word 'YES' on the screen for absolutely no reason, it'll look postmodern and dynamic"
    "Time for lunch?"

Yes, the new ad for passat is class, the little boy dressed as Darth Vader trying to use the force on the dog etc, then the old man comes home & presses the alarm button when the kid is doing to the car & the sound of the alarm is like a light sabre, the kid turns & looks at the parents as if he did it.

Brilliant because its entertaining, but it says fúck all about the car at all & you remember it is for passat.

• Advertisement

agreed, ads years ago used to be based more on humour and had a better impact imo isnt that insurance ad with Pat Shortt supposed to be a big success, it just sticks in your head

agreed, ads years ago used to be based more on humour and had a better impact imo isnt that insurance ad with Pat Shortt supposed to be a big success, it just sticks in your head

No, ads were always sh¡t. You might look back fondly on one or two good ads from past times but your mind has probably blocked out the millions of awful ads you've seen in your lifetime.

If you think ads were better years ago just remember the Radion ad with the family and that should set you straight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I can't stand that Pat Shortt ad and have heard people call it funny! I don't get it at all.

And that new ad for the "Jetta" is a loada sh!te as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

back in my day we had great advertisements :p

its pure annoying but i guess it works.

for me "Jetta" conjures up images of Pat Shortt character types beating along in an old tank of a VW with a trailer full of sheep..

SteoL wrote: »
    I can't stand that Pat Shortt ad and have heard people call it funny! I don't get it at all.

And that new ad for the "Jetta" is a loada sh!te as well.

Are you on about the passat ad i referenced?

If so i wonder do you have chislers yerself Steo?

I think iits good because when my little fella does a magic trick for mme he really beleives he's doing magic, thats the magic of that ad for me, he thinks he really did it, probably a load of Shíte otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Are you on about the passat ad i referenced?

If so i wonder do you have chislers yerself Steo?

I think iits good because when my little fella does a magic trick for mme he really beleives he's doing magic, thats the magic of that ad for me, he thinks he really did it, probably a load of Shíte otherwise.

Nah man no kids but it aint that ad either. It's the one were the Irish dude is pulled over by the cops in some European city and ask him "what car is thees" and he goes "it's a Jetta" and the cop is pissed off and not believing him going "the model". Then one of the cops goes and checks the make of the car. It's truly awful. Not seen that Star Wars one.

Here it is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Remember Magic Eyes? (used to have my wall covered in these as a teenager, parents must really have wondered...)

Here's an animated one, tough going - can you see the hoops?

animated_magic_eye_2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

I was told about something similar for the iphone a while back, it will let you track the phone on another iphone with sat nav style mapping & the second phone with yours flashing on the screen, just like in the movies.:D

• Advertisement

joker77 wrote: »
    Remember Magic Eyes? (used to have my wall covered in these as a teenager, parents must really have wondered...)

Here's an animated one, tough going - can you see the hoops?

Reminds me of the 70's when the TV broke

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

francois wrote: »

thats excellent, wonder if you can get the same programme for a pc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Nobody would rob a PC :p

Oh God! I'm becoming one of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

The company I work for is looking for people again - C# developers this time. Initially 3-6 months contracts, possibly extending to 12 months. PM me if you know anyone interested

A good one for a change over on YLYL,

0191.jpg

You have to love the net sometimes-Next are looking for their net "face" to represent them, this chap is leading the male section

http://www.next.co.uk/model-competition-2011/vote-for-me-idgek9j984/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

francois wrote: »
    You have to love the net sometimes-Next are looking for their net "face" to represent them, this chap is leading the male section

http://www.next.co.uk/model-competition-2011/vote-for-me-idgek9j984/

Hawt! Gets my vote.

Musical taste comparison between London and NY. http://current.com/entertainment/music/93267405_what-song-are-you-listening-to-london-vs-new-york.htm

If I can be a sexist for a minute........Unsurprisingly, it's the London women with rubbish taste (Beyonce etc) but I wasn't expecting the level of sh1tness across the board in NY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

SCOTTISH-WEDDING.jpg

Advertisement