Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Hard to pinpoint what part of the wedding was the classiest… the sh¡tstain, the punch up, the arrests or the fact they couldn't remember anything the next day.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

First useful thread I have seen in AH in years: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056250556
    Ok there are still a few retarded posts but so far a lot of good recommendations I'd agree with and I've got a few new recommendations myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Odd, been looking all day for documentaries to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

http://twitter.com/#!/oldmansearch
    My dad is 81 years old. I'm teaching him how to use the internet. I told him twitter was how to search things on Google. These tweets are what he's searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

The next big party I'm running in August, just announced the (nearly) full line-up:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

dont know if this qualifies for this thread really, but it popped up on facebizzle:

i was living in bristol around 2000 ish. good ****ing times man, good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

with-and-without-flash.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

have we any Bronies around here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

The next big party I'm running in August, just announced the (nearly) full line-up:

Looking forward to seeing Bashmore. Might even see your set later if I can get into town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

rahy:Dmann wrote: »
    SCOTTISH-WEDDING.jpg[/QUOTE:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Letter from prominent swiss politician 'Dominique Baettig', calling for the arrest of Kissinger at this years bilderberg meeting in st moritz, switzerland,

letter_prosecutors2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Where else would get Bronies and Bildaberg in the same thread?

On another note, be careful of flu shots!

Brian Lenihan’s dead?

why-god-why-kitten.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I'll see this...
    Clanket wrote: »

And raise you this...

LOL at the accent(s)

Yes, the thread has certainley reclaimed its randomness,

The Flash
    Shít stained wedding dresses
    Bronies
    Bilderbergers

And the funniest captioned poster i think ive ever seen, of the cat from andy:D

And the funniest captioned poster i think ive ever seen, of the cat from andy:D

It's a good one alright and although this one is undeniably un-PC its one of the funniest out there:

andieiwillalwaysloveyou.jpg

And the old chestnut:

collegehumor.57720a40c64b8b54990985bd6f0ae376.jpg

And for when you're coming up:

32232494_afd40107ea.jpg

• Advertisement

Debbie loves cats…

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Flu shots enhance North Americans ****ty dubstep dancing abilities too.

Something else this chap. Just the thoughts of it make me tired.

Irishman wins Deca Ironman event
    Irishman Gerry Duffy has won the United Kingdom's first Deca Ironman Challenge after 10 days of gruelling endurance events.

The former 17-stone chainsmoker crossed the finishing line late last night more than 19 accumulated hours ahead of the remaining competitors. Just three of the 20 entrants completed the race.

The Deca Ironman Challenge is a long-distance triathlon consisting of approximately 18 hours of swimming, cycling and running every day for 10 days.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Something else this chap. Just the thoughts of it make me tired.

Irishman wins Deca Ironman event

Former 17 stone chainsmoker wins 10 day endurance competition.

Former 7 stone all night raver sits for 10 hours straight on bar stool & cant now run for a bus:D

Watch the first half of this last night - its on youtube in parts. Pretty interesting, worth a watch..

Watched the third (and last?) episode of All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace last night. Great documentary. Gonna watch them again as there was an awful lot of information to take in, and it didn't help that I watched each one late at night.

The stuff on Rwanda was very interesting, and quite shocking. Those unassuming Belgians have an awful lot of blood on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Former 17 stone chainsmoker wins 10 day endurance competition.
    Quitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Some very interesting docs on last night. Dispatches (the thief catchers) on Ch4 and something on RTE1 called Bad Fellas about the rise of Gangland in Ireland. Back to the 70's about the Dunnes et all. Should check it out if yis missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Watched the third (and last?) episode of All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace last night. Great documentary. Gonna watch them again as there was an awful lot of information to take in, and it didn't help that I watched each one late at night.

The stuff on Rwanda was very interesting, and quite shocking. Those unassuming have an awful lot of blood on their hands.

have to say, this documentary really annoyed me in the end. Loads of interesting information about a whole load of different stuff, but absolutely no solid argument put forward. Really flakey tying together of stuff.

I thought the third episode would tie the whole thing together but because it didn't the whole series now looks like a really flimsy, pretentious piece of work with no coherent theme whatsoever.

There were as an implied vague argument about how its actually our genes that are the over-arching power in this world and how their propagation and survival is perfectly calculable and hence we as a species are perfectly predictable, but sure most of us know that anyway.

The Rwandan thing was really silly I thought. Belgian colonialism caused the outright violent mess that ensued. The exact same story happened with nearly every other African country that was born out of Western Imperialism. So that pretty much makes every African country.

I really think this documentary proved why television documentaries are a really bad way of making a point. Retro images, nice music and a really flimsy argument do not a good point make.

Then again, I liked looking at the monkeys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

jtsuited wrote: »
    have to say, this documentary really annoyed me in the end. Loads of interesting information about a whole load of different stuff, but absolutely no solid argument put forward. Really flakey tying together of stuff.

I thought the third episode would tie the whole thing together but because it didn't the whole series now looks like a really flimsy, pretentious piece of work with no coherent theme whatsoever.

There were as an implied vague argument about how its actually our genes that are the over-arching power in this world and how their propagation and survival is perfectly calculable and hence we as a species are perfectly predictable, but sure most of us know that anyway.

The Rwandan thing was really silly I thought. Belgian colonialism caused the outright violent mess that ensued. The exact same story happened with nearly every other African country that was born out of Western Imperialism. So that pretty much makes every African country.

I really think this documentary proved why television documentaries are a really bad way of making a point. Retro images, nice music and a really flimsy argument do not a good point make.

Then again, I liked looking at the monkeys.

I really enjoyed the first episode, can remember thinking that the second one wasnt great, I can only vaguely remember the third one....

think there was some interesting facts in there and some stuff I had never heard about.But overall since I cant remember the final conclusion it obviously didnt make any impact on me at all

Advertisement