Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Something else this chap. Just the thoughts of it make me tired.

Irishman wins Deca Ironman event

saw that guy on the news absolute nutter, inspired me to think about going for a run sometime.

(how do you change the link into words, as can be seen in the above post - is it possible to change any link into any text- im really crap with computers)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

jtsuited wrote: »
    have to say, this documentary really annoyed me in the end. Loads of interesting information about a whole load of different stuff, but absolutely no solid argument put forward. Really flakey tying together of stuff.
    Tbh, as I said in my post, I watched all the episodes wellllllll past my bedtime so the patchy nature probably suited my state of mind while watching them. I did find the style of the documentary quite difficult to get into at first, especially the beginning of the first episode.

I thought the third episode would tie the whole thing together but because it didn't the whole series now looks like a really flimsy, pretentious piece of work with no coherent theme whatsoever.
    It's funny, I did often where the f was the documentary going, as it did seem to jump all over the place but I just put that down to tiredness.

I did like all the IMF and Asian stuff in the first episode, but for the life of me I can't remember what the second episode was about.

The Rwandan thing was really silly I thought. Belgian colonialism caused the outright violent mess that ensued. The exact same story happened with nearly every other African country that was born out of Western Imperialism. So that pretty much makes every African country.
    I found that really interesting though, especially considering their past indirect genocidal activities. 4.5 million killed during the reason conflict, and an estimated 10 million during Belgium's King Leopold II's reign. That's a record Hitler would be proud of.

I really think this documentary proved why television documentaries are a really bad way of making a point. Retro images, nice music and a really flimsy argument do not a good point make.
    :eek:

I'll let Homer answer that one.....
    Homer: You're welcome to watch anything you want on TV.
    Bart: TV Sucks.
    Homer: I know you're upset right now so I'll pretend you didn't say that!

saw that guy on the news absolute nutter, inspired me to think about going for a run sometime.

(how do you change the link into words, as can be seen in the above post - is it possible to change any link into any text- im really crap with computers)

Write the word you want to hyperlink (that's what it's called!)
    Highlight it by dragging the mouse over it
    Click this image createlink.gif and then enter the address you want to link to

And Hey Presto!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Write the word you want to hyperlink (that's what it's called!)
    Highlight it by dragging the mouse over it
    Click this image createlink.gif and then enter the address you want to link to

And Hey Presto!!!

nice one thats been annoying me for a ages

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

have to say, this documentary really annoyed me in the end. Loads of interesting information about a whole load of different stuff, but absolutely no solid argument put forward. Really flakey tying together of stuff.

I thought the third episode would tie the whole thing together but because it didn't the whole series now looks like a really flimsy, pretentious piece of work with no coherent theme whatsoever.

There were as an implied vague argument about how its actually our genes that are the over-arching power in this world and how their propagation and survival is perfectly calculable and hence we as a species are perfectly predictable, but sure most of us know that anyway.

The Rwandan thing was really silly I thought. Belgian colonialism caused the outright violent mess that ensued. The exact same story happened with nearly every other African country that was born out of Western Imperialism. So that pretty much makes every African country.

I really think this documentary proved why television documentaries are a really bad way of making a point. Retro images, nice music and a really flimsy argument do not a good point make.

Then again, I liked looking at the monkeys.

Im starting to beleive your waffle now jeff!, anyone could have predicted your response to the doc. baz posted about, so you are right, we are predictable:pac:

• Advertisement

Actually, on the point of predictability. Didn't the documentary make the point that the way Hamilton killed himself was anything but predictable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I enjoyed the 3 of them. They all had some interesting facts that sparked a few ideas in my head. I'm going to watch them again this weekend because there was a lot to take in.

Big thanks to Ianuss for that Expat Shield recommendation. It's quality. Proper 'TV on demand'.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Massive banging techno track discovered here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056300338

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

that should be in the crossover thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Anyone heading to the Body and Soul festy over in Ballinlough Castle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

tumblr_l75t2r607Q1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_l7rz7vZXbv1qbow88o1_500.jpg

tumblr_l2yjxpMwnS1qzt4tfo1_500.jpg

tumblr_l01p1jCkyY1qzt4tfo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ksr5h873CZ1qzt4tfo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1308386528&Signature=DN7JWzFsYe4TKnMUS6Ci6vvLF5I%3D

Well, The Shadow Line on BBC1 turned out to be a complete pile of poo. After a promising start it went downhill pretty quickly. One of the most stupidliest endings to a series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ahh ffs have they nothing better to be doing: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0617/breaking94.html

Zascar wrote: »

It would be counter productive for sales for apple, you would just get yourself a phone that doesnt have the software & happy days for apples competitors.

Where will it lead to though, will you be searched on the way in and if your phone hasnt got the prohibitive software you wont be allowed to bring it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

the type of people that record things on cameras/phones at gigs are utter tools.

the type of people that record things on cameras/phones at gigs are utter tools.

Youtube tools:D

I never understood the concept of going to a gig and spending the whole night looking at it through your phone as you record it. Totally planktastic if you ask me…

I never understood the concept of going to a gig and spending the whole night looking at it through your phone as you record it. Totally planktastic if you ask me…

Straight out of the Smashey & Nicey handbook:D

Yep i agree with ya, always thought people who had ordinary cameras in the Rave years ago were spanners, but oh how i love when i come across one of the rare photos that are out there;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

ianuss wrote: »
    Well, The Shadow Line on BBC1 turned out to be a complete pile of poo. After a promising start it went downhill pretty quickly. One of the most stupidliest endings to a series.
    Good to hear, I turned it off less than halfway through the first episode. That nephew character - the 'pyscho' - was just not believable, bad casting.

• Advertisement

Straight out of the Smashey & Nicey handbook:D

Yep i agree with ya, always thought people who had ordinary cameras in the Rave years ago were spanners, but oh how i love when i come across one of the rare photos that are out there;)

Meanwhile-in-Dublin.jpg

Eh… maybe not.

Meanwhile-in-Dublin.jpg

Eh… maybe not.

More like,

163489.jpg

img_01.jpg

163490.jpg

img_07.jpg

img_01.jpg

Oh how that mouse fúcked with my head in conjunction with the dots:D

That's good news, no?

No more annoying people holding up pieces of technology instead of actually enjoying the performance. Sounds good to me.

edit; I just realised that my point has already been made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Anyone heading to the Body and Soul festy over in Ballinlough Castle?

I'm heading down on Sunday. No idea who's playing but it's cheap and I'm sure we'll find something to dance to :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads what do you think would be the absolute cheapest controller I could get - that isn't completely rubbish? I'm trying to get my little 10 year old nephew into DJing. He's starting to get into music and when I played some of my tunes/mixes for him a while back he really liked them. Then I showed him my setup with Traktor etc and he was fascinated - and wanted to know/learn more. I'm thinking of giving him a surprise present of a controller and headphones to get him started and see if he might take to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Clanket wrote: »
    I'm heading down on Sunday. No idea who's playing but it's cheap and I'm sure we'll find something to dance to :pac:
    Sian and Joris Voorn sunday night should be decent enough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Lads what do you think would be the absolute cheapest controller I could get - that isn't completely rubbish? I'm trying to get my little 10 year old nephew into DJing. He's starting to get into music and when I played some of my tunes/mixes for him a while back he really liked them. Then I showed him my setup with Traktor etc and he was fascinated - and wanted to know/learn more. I'm thinking of giving him a surprise present of a controller and headphones to get him started and see if he might take to it...

I'm guessing one of the Korg Nano's would do the job nicely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

1302020863_breakdance-garbage.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

something a little different for you guys. these two guys are operating right on the limit here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH4anuiZhHo&feature=player_embedded#at=19

whatever you do in life always remember your dead for a long time.

• Advertisement

1305836388539.gif

Advertisement