Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Facebook wánk!

Yep, I have one of those every day. I trawl through facebook for photos of all the sluttiest, most council looking women out there who haven't thought to edit their privacy settings and then I lie back and think of Ireland…

…don't you do that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

something like the chat to groups option is quite handy and it is good for getting the heads up on certain things.

Does gmail support group chat at all? If it does, or will, that could be your alternative to facebook.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

joker77 wrote: »
    (Don't tell me to get on Google+, same shít different channel).

I can't see it taking off. Could be wrong but I'd have to bet against it. It's not quite as social as Facebook, kinda more like twitter but less simple - so probably less effective. There was way more noise was made about Buzz and Wave and they failed. I'm already getting followed by loads of people I do not know.

I already waste far too much time not working and p1ssing about online, I really don't need another distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

You could try going outside to where real people are:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yep, I have one of those every day. I trawl through facebook for photos of all the sluttiest, most council looking women out there who haven't thought to edit their privacy settings and then I lie back and think of Ireland…
    Does anyone remember the "Hot Knackers" facebook group?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

best facebook group ever..... FACT.

jtsuited wrote: »
    best facebook group ever..... FACT.

Sure what would you know about knackers ya,
    middle class pussy snorestep 'niche' dj

:D

Yeah, that was a good group alright. I'm going more underground. Really trying hard to find some previously undiscovered irn bru coloured mongo janets and playing little games like 'setheled or naht?' Takes a bit of research but the payback's great!

Yeah, that was a good group alright. I'm going more underground. Really trying hard to find some previously undiscovered irn bru coloured mongo janets and playing little games like 'setheled or naht?' Takes a bit of research but the payback's great!

I think you will find it is spelt this way,

Seheled

;)

I think you will find it is spelt this way,

Seheled

;)

Your dead right Is mise, you would have thought my midlands ear would have been better at picking up on Traveller patois…

• Advertisement

facebook=wankbank

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Zascar wrote: »
    I can't see it taking off. Could be wrong but I'd have to bet against it. It's not quite as social as Facebook, kinda more like twitter but less simple - so probably less effective. There was way more noise was made about Buzz and Wave and they failed. I'm already getting followed by loads of people I do not know.

I already waste far too much time not working and p1ssing about online, I really don't need another distraction.
    Because of Buzz and Wave, I didn't even bother with it. They kind of shoot themselves in the foot sometimes, releasing stuff when it's not ready. I know a lot of their little apps work (I'm a big fan of Gmail, and use Calendar, Docs and Picasa), but for these type of more fully featured apps they could do with having them a little more ready.

Oxygen weekend this weekend! Anyone going? I wonder what the weather is going to be like. They almost always seems to get bad weather for it. I wouldn't be caught dead there - I couldn't think of much worse than being in a swamp full of scumbags, but I am heading down the country this weekend and would love some nice weather. The forecast right now is not looking the best :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Zascar wrote: »
    Oxygen weekend this weekend! Anyone going? I wonder what the weather is going to be like. They almost always seems to get bad weather for it. I wouldn't be caught dead there - I couldn't think of much worse than being in a swamp full of scumbags, but I am heading down the country this weekend and would love some nice weather. The forecast right now is not looking the best :(

Going:o

VIP though. And I like commercial ****e. And I didnt pay for it. So its allllll gooood. And if you play it right its not as bad as its made out to be, just camp in the right place.

Nerdy but very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Excellent stuff. Really interesting and very clever to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭c_o_ck p_i_ss chillage

Nice one. I want to learn Spanish :-)

Can someone tell me why the media has sso manny variations on gadaffis name, ive seen,

Gaddafi
    Quadafi
    Kadafi
    Ghaddafi

The one in bold is the correct one as far as i know.

Can someone tell me why the media has sso manny variations on gadaffis name, ive seen,

Gaddafi
    Quadafi
    Kadafi
    Ghaddafi

The one in bold is the correct one as far as i know.

Because there is no accepted norm for the translation of Arabic names. Normally it is up to the person themselves to choose the English translation they prefer but that freedom hater hasn't chosen one. Grrr, he hates freedom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I'll have to have a look at this later. I'm best man for a mates wedding next year and we're thinking of heading either here or Brighton for his stags. Anyone been to both?

Because there is no accepted norm for the translation of Arabic names. Normally it is up to the person themselves to choose the English translation they prefer but that freedom hater hasn't chosen one. Grrr, he hates freedom.

Ok, but up until the war in libya currently, it was always gaddafi, i never seen it any other way before?

Ok, but up until the war in libya currently, it was always gaddafi, i never seen it any other way before?

Up in his own website, he gives several different English spellings of his name - that's probably what is adding to the confusion.

Gadaffi or Ghadaffi was probably the preferred American spelling at the time which is where most reports were coming from but I'm just speculating here…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

http://www.ocwconsortium.org/

That site looks great for learning stuff from home. I've only had a quick look but it has a lot of stuff I'll be looking at.

I got it from here, which has some other learning sites that might interest people.

http://beta.beatport.com/
    New Beatport, looks pretty good so far!

Clanket wrote: »
    http://www.ocwconsortium.org/

That site looks great for learning stuff from home. I've only had a quick look but it has a lot of stuff I'll be looking at.

I got it from here, which has some other learning sites that might interest people.

Great link thanks! Forget going to college in Ireland, spend the same time on these sites and you'd probably get a better education, just without the piece of paper at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

I just finished watching The Wire there. I watched 5 series in about 2 weeks. Have to say I was surprised at how good it was.

For the most part, I don't watch tv because in general it's total garbage. But, now I'm wondering is there anything else I've missed out on?

Breaking Bad. Oh and Weeds has just started back again. They are both brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Breaking Bad is just so good. I got the first 3 series from a friend and have been ploughing through them 2-3 episodes at a time. 1 episode to go and series 4 begins on the 17 July.

After that it's September for new Sunny :)

• Advertisement

Check out Deadwood as well. Pretty epic series. HBO are the stars for quality shows.

Advertisement