Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Yell0 Man

These recommendations are pretty much my readings from travelling. The Diceman was a great read, Life of Pi was great apart from the first part, To Kill a Mockingbird, 1984 & Animal Farm are superb and take a day or 2 to get through. Also A Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood was really good in a 1984 type way. In Cold Blood had me riveted even though I knew the ending from the films and his biography Capote by Gerald Clark was fascinating, strange little man that he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Isn't that book the inspiration for Jim Morrison's little known rock outfit? The Perception 5 :D

I didn't like the Diceman, in fact, I couldn't finish it. Think I may have heard too much about it and built it up too much.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Cool, thanks for all the recommends - turns out both Catch 22 and To Kill a Mocking Bird are both in the home collection already, my wife has both so that's sorted!

Yeah love Papillion too, read it years ago on holidays too - have been a fan of the movie also since I was a kid.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

This was mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread but only got around to watching just the trailer on youtube last night, definitely have to watch the full documentary... along with anything else by this guy, anywhere one can download these?

All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace

Ahem, if I was looking for it on the internet I would go to btjunkie.org but I couldn't possibly condone behaviour like that.

Also, it was a bit of a letdown compared to Power of Nightmares

• Advertisement

And if I was looking for it (which I wouldn't be, because like Andy I couldn't condone that type of behaviour) I'd more than likely go here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

This site is good for documentaries.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/

Just finished Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance. It's a good read. Quite inspiring in a way I haven't really come across in books before.

Catch 22 and 1984 are two of my favourite books. I must have a read of them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Berghain last night was incredible. Easily lived up to all the hype and reputation as best club in the world. Definitely understand now people saying that there's something special about it.

What about this book? :D

Some of the reviews brilliant.

Actually discovered this page on one of my favourite sites at the moment, StumpleUpon. Great for whiling away the hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

I wont lie.... I actually chuckled when he mimed the drop...

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Actually discovered this page on one of my favourite sites at the moment, StumpleUpon. Great for whiling away the hours.

I've been hooked on that site the last couple of weeks. It's great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

picture.php?albumid=417&pictureid=10098

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Berghain last night was incredible. Easily lived up to all the hype and reputation as best club in the world. Definitely understand now people saying that there's something special about it.

nice one ya lucky git. find it hard to get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

snwSv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

167565.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

not quite shameless self promotion but if any of y'all are heading to Knockanstockan at the weekend then feel free to swing by the chill stage on Sat around 12pm where I'll (miXile) be doing a live ambient performance of the new Berlin material. say hi and lettuce share a beer or two, mkay.

the shameless self promotion bit is where I invite you to join me in Transylvania next month where I'll be doing the same at the Transylvania Calling fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

That's a deadly festival. Serious amount of crusty psy trance headers but there's such a cool atmosphere down there.

Me and a mate went down on the Sunday last year, and at that stage it seems like the whole place had run out of smokes. We were there about 5 minutes when some lad traded us 10 yokes for 10 smokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

That looks brilliant. I don't have sky but I'm sure it will be on download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

Not sure I'd buy a house from this lot

http://www.bess.jp/products/bx/

francois wrote: »
    Not sure I'd buy a house from this lot

http://www.bess.jp/products/bx/

Sure you couldnt end up any worse than dealing with the 'Bollox's' over here:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

old gregg wrote: »
    not quite shameless self promotion but if any of y'all are heading to Knockanstockan at the weekend then feel free to swing by the chill stage on Sat around 12pm where I'll (miXile) be doing a live ambient performance of the new Berlin material. say hi and lettuce share a beer or two, mkay.

I'll drop by if I end up going.
    ianuss wrote: »

Thanks, that looks good. Don't have sky though so I'll have to get downloading.

Love the name Mr Sagan. Really enjoying Cosmos at the minute. He's a gas man. Looks like he loves the camera. Great storyteller though

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I hate sky. The way the menu system works really annoys me. With NTL you set the channels you watch as your favourites and then you can just navigate through them skipping the dozens of rubbish channels you never watch. But with sky you can't really do this. You have the blue button which will rotate through your favourites but its not the same.

Zascar wrote: »
    I hate sky. The way the menu system works really annoys me. With NTL you set the channels you watch as your favourites and then you can just navigate through them skipping the dozens of rubbish channels you never watch. But with sky you can't really do this. You have the blue button which will rotate through your favourites but its not the same.

Im a little bit puzzled here colly, you tick the favorites you want in SKY & then when you press the blue button it brings up only these for you to see excluding all the ones you dont.

How does this differ from NTL as i never have seen an NTL box work?

With NTL you can navigate all the Guides and menu's with just your favourite channels - or with all channels, Pressing one button changed between them. On sky if you navigate the Guide it shows you all the channels, or even if you use the left-right preview menu at the bottom of the screen, you still see all the channels you are not subscribed to. At least I think this is the case - that's how it works in my parents house and it drives me nuts. If there is a way around it please tell me!

With NTL you can navigate all the Guides and menu's with just your favourite channels - or with all channels, Pressing one button changed between them. On sky if you navigate the Guide it shows you all the channels, or even if you use the left-right preview menu at the bottom of the screen, you still see all the channels you are not subscribed to. At least I think this is the case - that's how it works in my parents house and it drives me nuts. If there is a way around it please tell me!

I think its just set up wrong in yer parents house, once you put a tick beside the channels you want as the favorites (you can store 50), when you press the blue button it will isolate only these channels & you can scroll forward through times, + or - 24 hours, up & down through the pages & it will display only these that are ticked.

Cant quite remember now without the TV on in front of me how to set the favorites but it very easy.

Oh! So it works more or less like NTL?
    Weird cause I was in my mates house a while back and he just had to 'put up with' the channgels he does not have being there. You end up constantly skipping through pages and pages of menus to see your few favourite channels. He's a bit of a techno retard so I'm guessing he has not set it up correctly. My parents will be bloody delighted if i can fix this for them hahaha.

• Advertisement

Oh! So it works more or less like NTL?
    Weird cause I was in my mates house a while back and he just had to 'put up with' the channgels he does not have being there. You end up constantly skipping through pages and pages of menus to see your few favourite channels. He's a bit of a techno retard so I'm guessing he has not set it up correctly. My parents will be bloody delighted if i can fix this for them hahaha.

Just found it online, press,

SERVICES -> 5 (FAVOURITE CHANNELS),

You then tick the ones you want & then when you have all you want i think you MUST press select to store all the selections.

Also just for anyone who wants to know, if you cancel your SKY subscription & simply remove your SKY card when you plug your box back in you still have a rake of channels absolutley free, now you dont have all the goodies that SKY offers like Docs, SKY etc but you do have all the BBC's all the ITV's and laods more.

Good for anyone feeling the pinch & is not strung out on TV

Advertisement