Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

markets in free fall again.. reminds me of this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

This is pretty impressive. Not sure what the original song is, but I doubt it's as impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

After Dark-the Daily Mail of boards, full to the brim of all those brave anonymous internet warriors, spewing the usual tediously predictable bile and froth, thinking that their childish opinion somehow counts.
    I suspect a lot of them are needy and immature, rather like a petulant child who has to be told that it isn't a good idea to be sucking on a soother aged 11

francois wrote: »
    After Dark-the Daily Mail of boards, full to the brim of all those brave anonymous internet warriors, spewing the usual tediously predictable bile and froth, thinking that their childish opinion somehow counts.
    I suspect a lot of them are needy and immature, rather like a petulant child who has to be told that it isn't a good idea to be sucking on a soother aged 11

I know an awful lot of it is probably posturing but I was still pretty shocked by some of the opinions. It just made for a pretty disheartening read…

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Fck the come down of being back from holidays is considerably worse than any drug come down I used to experience - its amazing how fast two weeks pass when on holidays... :(

The average age of a Boardsie is about 22, so it's only right that the average opinion of a Boardsie is gonna be immature, sensationalist, lacking in thought or compassion, reactionary, or just a plain old Troll. And even more so in the likes of AH.
    I've said it before, AH is the Tabloid wing of Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Fck the come down of being back from holidays is considerably worse than any drug come down I used to experience - its amazing how fast two weeks pass when on holidays... :(
    I hear ya. I'm back today after a week off. Just want to be back at home with the family.

Had a few pints last night which I suppose doesn't help the first day back in work.

I met a couple of mates in Grogans, it finished early (before 11.30), we wanted another 1 or 2 so went looking. Hardly anything open on Sunday nights. First stop was the Czech Inn, crap, we left. So then we went for a stroll down temple bar - I was looking at the price lists they have to print outside now - after 11pm you're paying 6.20 / 6.30 for a pint in those kips!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73691076&postcount=302

"I think all tinkers in Ireland should be assembled in an industrial unit and gassed."

It very easily could be a spelling mistake and he actually meant "thinkers" :D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

joker77 wrote: »
    I hear ya. I'm back today after a week off. Just want to be back at home with the family.

Had a few pints last night which I suppose doesn't help the first day back in work.

I met a couple of mates in Grogans, it finished early (before 11.30), we wanted another 1 or 2 so went looking. Hardly anything open on Sunday nights. First stop was the Czech Inn, crap, we left. So then we went for a stroll down temple bar - I was looking at the price lists they have to print outside now - after 11pm you're paying 6.20 / 6.30 for a pint in those kips!

I'm actually off today still but the downer is being back from our holiday away... Spanish beer and wine, reading, music, constant sun shine and just general chilling with no real care in the world! In contrast I've to think about my flight in the morning to London for work and not back till Thursday night, repeat again next week, absolutely sick of travel with work and being away from home :mad:

First erasable electronic paper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

I wonder if the same psychology is being used to promote the HTC phones as has been done with watch selling?

I read a long while back that retailers receive in watches for sale with them all set at 10 past 10, the reason for this is that the impression on a potential buyer when seeing the hands in the upper half of the watch, like on the majority on the link below, has a positive effect as it subconciously reminds them of a smile & is more effective at having a positive impact on shoppers than just randomley set,

Watches set at 10 past 10

Now i wonder, is the HTC phone adverts intention to make you imagine a watch face at 10:08 in your mind to instill the same effect???

htc-hd-mini-500x363.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

I always thought the watch thing was to help promote the brand, ie, the logo being in between the hands. I don't really get the logic behind 10.08 though.

ianuss wrote: »
    I always thought the watch thing was to help promote the brand, ie, the logo being in between the hands. I don't really get the logic behind 10.08 though.

Perhaps it is as i proposed?

It makes you think of 10::08 on a clock face which has a subconcious postive effect on you as it reminds you of a smile?

Or,

It was 10:08 when they took the pic?

I am going for the former meself.

Is it just me, look at the two dogs in the pic, the one on the right looks like a police alsation ok, but the one on the left looks like the copper brought his own dog out for a walk, small fat little thing,

170091.jpg

abd-75.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

dog-owns-kid.gif

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads I have a very old set of speakers for my computer - but I really like them and have no desire to change them right now. Thing is, cause theya re old they make all those annoying beeping and buzzing sounds when the phone rings or is near the speakers. Is there any way to stop this?

I found this on yuotube - but watching other videos some say they are rubbish

Is it worth a try or does anyone know a better way to get rid of this noise?

Zascar wrote: »
    Lads I have a very old set of speakers for my computer - but I really like them and have no desire to change them right now. Thing is, cause theya re old they make all those annoying beeping and buzzing sounds when the phone rings or is near the speakers. Is there any way to stop this?

I found this on yuotube - but watching other videos some say they are rubbish

Is it worth a try or does anyone know a better way to get rid of this noise?

Move your phone away:confused:

:rolleyes: It's my computer desk my phone sits beside me charging and in easy reach when I want to use it.

It still makes loads of noise at random times not just when the phone rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I get it all the time on my Hifi(use it with my PC for extra "ooomph"). It doesnt bother me personally, but I can see how it would be annoying. The random sounds are the phone checking in with the local tower, also sound different to texts and calls.

You have to determine where its interfering first before trying to stop it. Number one culprit is mics/line in to your souncard. After that its likely coming in on the link between your line out and the amp in the speakers/sub(if you have one). I dont know if one of those magnetic shields would help there, might be worth a shot. Putting it on the actual line to the speaker would really seem pointless as that signal is already amplified so the interference should be relatively very low.

Some sort of insulated box for your phone?

Fairly sure that noise happens if my phone is close to my KRK's which are reasonably new so it's not limited to old speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Clanket wrote: »
    Some sort of insulated box for your phone?

Fairly sure that noise happens if my phone is close to my KRK's which are reasonably new so it's not limited to old speakers.

Only digital interfaces are immune.

Zascar wrote: »
    :rolleyes: It's my computer desk my phone sits beside me charging and in easy reach when I want to use it.

It still makes loads of noise at random times not just when the phone rings.

Turn your phone off.

Bizarre story I heard on the radio this morning.

Pete Tong - Tong Granted Restraining Order Against Massive Attack Singer
    British Dj Pete Tong has been granted a restraining order against a former Massive Attack collaborator after she alleged the pair had wed.

The dance music star accused singer Shara Nelson of pestering him with calls and claiming she is his wife.

Nelson reportedly gave her name as Tong in court earlier this month (Aug11) and said that she had a child with the DJ. She was banned from contacting the 51 year old indefinitely.

She was also handed a 12-month community order and 80 hours' community service by magistrates in West London.

Nelson was the voice featured in Massive Attack's hit song Unfinished Sympathy in 1991.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Bizarre story I heard on the radio this morning.

Pete Tong - Tong Granted Restraining Order Against Massive Attack Singer

She's gone a bit Pete Tong in the head…

Advertisement