Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Crazy **** happening at Pukkelpop. Hope to anyone here that knows someone over there that they're alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Crazy **** happening at Pukkelpop. Hope to anyone here that knows someone over there that they're alright.

Whats happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

francois wrote: »
    Ref getting a hiding
    This is how it's done:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

why the **** weren't they running

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

why the **** weren't they running
    Watched a few documentaries on crowd psychology, and when faced with a dangerous situation, people always tend to do the total opposite of what you'd expect them to do when they're in a crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Front cover of today's Metro says pills could be a possible treatment for some cancers:-

http://e-edition.metroireland.ie/home.html

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You've probably all seen it, but yeah, pretty cool stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Watched a few documentaries on crowd psychology, and when faced with a dangerous situation, people always tend to do the total opposite of what you'd expect them to do when they're in a crowd.
    Jesus, I dunno. The sight of a swinging 20ft screen is enough to send me off running - especially when right under it

Jesus, I dunno. The sight of a swinging 20ft screen is enough to send me off running - especially when right under it
    I'd like to think I'd do the same, and at the very least get out of harms way.

People doing nothing in groups is called the Bystander Effect. Some of the experiments are fascinating.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Thread name change time, I liked this one I must say!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Clanket wrote: »
    Front cover of today's Metro says pills could be a possible treatment for some cancers:-

http://e-edition.metroireland.ie/home.html

not quite.
    http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2011/08/19/is-ecstasy-being-developed-to-treat-blood-cancers-not-quite/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

"a chemical derived from MDMA ever makes it into patient trials, it almost certainly won’t affect people like ecstasy does."

Boooooo

Where'd the thread name come from?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

ianuss wrote: »
    "a chemical derived from MDMA ever makes it into patient trials, it almost certainly won’t affect people like ecstasy does."

Boooooo

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73899137&postcount=122

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

The bi-monthly 'best nightclub of the 90s 'thread, from this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

joker77 wrote: »
    The bi-monthly 'best nightclub of the 90s 'thread, from this morning

No it was the best nightclub in Dublin in the 90s beginning with the letter A...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

jtsuited wrote: »

The story was reported on radio aswell. Unusual hearing ecstacy linked to a good news story.

I hope they're analysing all recreational drugs for their good properties. All you hear in the media in general is the negatives.

Anyone reckon they'll be around in an Ireland where drugs are legal? Weed probably has the best chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Not in my lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Clanket wrote: »
    The story was reported on radio aswell. Unusual hearing ecstacy linked to a good news story.

I hope they're analysing all recreational drugs for their good properties. All you hear in the media in general is the negatives.

Anyone reckon they'll be around in an Ireland where drugs are legal? Weed probably has the best chance.

Unlikely, people have a really ****ed up view of the dangers and damages of various substances and will speak of the evils of weed while happily boozing it up and smoking tobaccy.

Head shops are a prime example of how far away a society with legalized drugs is.

People picketing outside a shop complaining about the evils of legal highs and then they all finish off the night's work by heading into the pub for a belly full of beer on a school night.

• Advertisement

They were going on about this on the radio today.

What a fvcking oddball
    ODDBALL Darryn Lyons showed off the FAKE six pack he paid £6,000 to be sculpted on top of his tubby gut.
    lyons-682_1363847a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

BaZmO* wrote: »
    They were going on about this on the radio today.

What a fvcking oddball

lyons-682_1363847a.jpg

Keeeyyyyrist. At least they had the decency to leave a back up "pack" at the bottom of the gut should one of the others go flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

I have to say, the actual horrors of war are lost in the media frezy these days, this screen shot of Sky news,

171893.JPG

The graphic of the plane over the flat complex, its done like a video game & the actual reallity of what occurs when one of those fighter jets swoops over a city is not what is conveyed to the viewer upon seeing it, it really does desensitise people to the reality.

Also the buttons across the bottom of the screen, 'Rebels swipe gaddaffi's hat & cart'!!!!!, What!!!!! proper sunday world journalism there & Sky also being praised at the weekend for making the best reality TV show live braodcast from the 'rebel' convoy.

I read this line posted on another forum, very surreal,

"There is looting going on now at the Gaddafi compound, with pro-rebel tweeters asking people to stop."

I despair for humanity.

That's what happens when you have 24 hour news coverage. News becomes entertainment. Channel 4 News is still very good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

That's what happens when you have 24 hour news coverage. News becomes entertainment. Channel 4 News is still very good though.

Agreed, been a fan for a long time.
    Sky news is ****

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

francois wrote: »
    Agreed, been a fan for a long time.
    Sky news is ****

for more accurate middle east, arab & world news in general you are better tuning into,

http://www.presstv.ir/

Sky News is nothing more than tabloid tv. Used to watch it good bit, in that when there was nothing on tv I'd put it on. Can't bare to watch it now. All the cheesy dumbed down tabloid graphics, among other things just grate on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

what program are people using to compress their sets to a managebale size after traktor elaves you with a 1 gig file.

i cant remember the name of the program i used before i formatted my comp.

cheers

rob

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    what program are people using to compress their sets to a managebale size after traktor elaves you with a 1 gig file.

i cant remember the name of the program i used before i formatted my comp.

cheers

rob

Audacity.

Advertisement