Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

copeyhagen wrote: »
    what program are people using to compress their sets to a managebale size after traktor elaves you with a 1 gig file.

i cant remember the name of the program i used before i formatted my comp.

cheers

rob

Audacity?

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I use SoundForge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

If its just for compressing files you cant go far wrong with this freeware,

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Converts mostly anything to anything & you can pick & choose the bit rates & frequencies etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

cheers dudes, never thought of audacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

Just realised how cutting edge I am by discovering I'm the last person of my social group to see "The Guard" after only having heard of it last week. I still think it should be called "The Gard" though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I was ridiculously close to getting 5 free tickets for Electric Picnic on Monday with the Electric Ireland Facebook tweet hunt.

The smurf guy jumped outta the side of a white van and was running towards me on my bike only to be tackled from behind by the guy who won. The two of them went barrelling over my bike.

Here's a vid they just posted. They've cut the bit where they rolled over the bike. The groan out of the smurf was gas. A real "I'm not getting paid enough for this shít".

I was sick because If I hadn't of had the bike with me he was mine.

spotted this in a thread in AH's, wtf like..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_Plague_of_1518

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Fecking oldskoolers. They never know when to stop…

Fecking oldskoolers. They never know when to stop…

Bahh, fúcking lightweights, some were dropping dead after only a month, when we used to go to the ASYLUM.........................:pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

As if the Rose of Tralee wasn't embarrassing enough...

Read some of the comments on the youtube page they are brilliant

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    As if the Rose of Tralee wasn't embarrassing enough...

Read some of the comments on the youtube page they are brilliant

I can't watch that the whole way through. I keep squirming. That's what I dance like drunk at a wedding…

performing "a hip hop dance" bejasus.. what a pair of f*kheads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Got a good giggle from this even after 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Was sitting in starbucks today and overheard a conversation that made me want to cry...

A man and a woman were talking about music, specifically the poppy stuff like lady gaga,david guetta etc. I'd have sworn that the man was actually the guy from the blizzards, and was preaching sagely about the music biz to the woman. It went something like this:

Man : "So tell me a bit about your musical influences"

Woman : "Eh... yeah, I love David Guetta, Fatboy slim, I love kylie's new stuff"

Man : "Ah, I agree, well the sort of stuff I'd want to make is like david guetta but more musical (he waves his hands around a bit here), know what i mean?"

Woman : "yeah, definitely,a bit like daft punk then, yeah?"

Man : Exactly, although,you know, Daft Punk's stuff is really well written, and they have a team of engineers working on their sound like, and my contract with the label is nearly up and the guys wouldn't take well to us using their equipment.You know how it is" ( More hand wavey stuff, this really was all one sentence)

Woman : " Oh god yeah"

Man : So what kind of musical training do you have?

Woman : Emm...

She was giving yer man the hard sell, and to be fair, although both were talking out their holes I think the guy coped well enough.

If the blizzards' front man comes out with a solo album anytime soon... don't say you weren't warned ;)

Well it looks like Four Percent was right. That tool from that awful band now has an album out and it's really bad cheesy pop with horrible synths and production.

http://www.bressiemusic.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

Bressie?

knobbie more like

I love Bressie, he's so cool and I think the new stuff he is releasing shows he really has integrity and he's stuck to his guns. Mighty stuff from a mighty man. It's like he imagined what the Script would sound like if they were produced by a tramp pretending to be David Guetta and sung by a bogger with all the conviction of a narcoleptic puppy and he just went out there and did it. Magical.

Y'all be haters…

Sorry, y'all be begrudgers... I forgot he was Irish there for a second…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Pills were just better back in the day.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

just shows how abused the chart system is on resident advisor.

• Advertisement

I'm surprised Villalobos was not higher - they seem to stoke him off every chance they get...

Well not very surprising, but still gut churning, the war is still very much raging & the men in suits are already drawing up the documents to profit from gaddffi's departure & the 'National Transitional Council' installation,

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/195499.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Well not very surprising, but still gut churning, the war is still very much raging & the men in suits are already drawing up the documents to profit from gaddffi's departure & the 'National Transitional Council' installation,

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/195499.html
    Yeah, I'd love to know who exactly is putting up the "$1m Dead or Alive" reward that's on his head.

The past 12 months of affairs in the Middle East has dodgy 'CIA/Green Beret/make-it-look-like-it's-the-people-not-the-US-changing-sh1t' operation written all over it.

Cue tinfoil hat jokes.

Odd though, in that if it is - why is it so successful now?

They've been at that lark a while there...

Someone here recommended a documentary running right now called "50 Documentaries to see before you die" by Morgan Spurlock - I've watched the first two episodes - kinda annoying the way its done but still worth a watch.

Last night I watched "Taxi to the Dark Side" - some fairly shocking stuff

Taxi to the dark side was one of the most depressing documentaries I've watched, really horrible stuff.

Reminded me of a movie I saw a while back:

Movie was a bit **** but interesting idea based on a real experiment

jtsuited wrote: »
    The past 12 months of affairs in the Middle East has dodgy 'CIA/Green Beret/make-it-look-like-it's-the-people-not-the-US-changing-sh1t' operation written all over it.

Cue tinfoil hat jokes.

Well, it is bbeing faairly overtly reported that the SAS are working to provide 'assisstance' on the ground in tracking gaddaffi down.

The whole bounty on your head is utterly disgusting that we are still at this level as humanity, USA written all over it.
    joker77 wrote: »
    Odd though, in that if it is - why is it so successful now?

They've been at that lark a while there...

They have never had the willingness of the population's on the ground to begin a massive armed uprising due to supression & fear within said popultaions from the current rulers, they have used the genuine revolutions in the arab world as cover (not very covertly it has to be said, as any one with any kind of savy will see) to occupy an oil rich nation that up to now sold its oil on its own terms, Libya will be raped economically & the would be 'rebel rulers' would do well to observe history, they will undoubtedly be in the crosshairs of the US, France, England etc if they dont play ball, once they (US, France, England) have their foot in the door & sitting at the table the influence over Libya's affairs by the 'rebels' will be minimal.

They tried to take gaddafi out an estimated 72 times, they wont let up now until he is dead, Libya is now in the clutches of the men in suits, end game acheived (not saving the Libyan people, ensuring the Libyan people no longer dictate the terms of their oil sales).

Libya will become free of one opression only for a more incidious one.

I despair for humanity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Zascar wrote: »
    Reminded me of a movie I saw a while back:

Movie was a bit **** but interesting idea based on a real experiment
    Just clicked on the video and it says based on Prisoners and Guards experiment (can’t watch videos in work), if so, it’s based on the Stanford Prison Experiment. Absolutely fascinating stuff. Watched a documentary on it years ago. The experiment got so out of hand that the had to call it off.

The BBC tried to recreate the experiment back in the early 00’s and had to call it off as well. The BBC one was interesting though as it was shown over a few nights and they had psychologists explaining what was happening. It was mad that they had all the safety nets in place and yet the experiment still went tits up.

Well, it is bbeing faairly overtly reported that the SAS are working to provide 'assisstance' on the ground in tracking gaddaffi down.

The whole bounty on your head is utterly disgusting that we are still at this level as humanity, USA written all over it.
    Watched Charlie Wilson’s War recently (great film btw) and this situation just seems so similar from a US backing pov.

They have never had the willingness of the population's on the ground to begin a massive armed uprising due to supression & fear within said popultaions from the current rulers, they have used the genuine revolutions in the arab world as cover (not very covertly it has to be said, as any one with any kind of savy will see) to occupy an oil rich nation that up to now sold its oil on its own terms,
    Yeah, it’s the people of Libya fighting for freedom, not the West for oil.

Libya will be raped economically & the would be 'rebel rulers' would do well to observe history, they will undoubtedly be in the crosshairs of the US, France, England etc if they dont play ball, once they (US, France, England) have their foot in the door & sitting at the table the influence over Libya's affairs by the 'rebels' will be minimal.
    It’s astounding how much oil Libya actually have. One of Gadaffi’s sons had a personal wealth of something like $150 billion.

Advertisement