Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Nope, i'm a Statistician.

A bourgeois Statistician?

Or a proletariat Statistician?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

A bourgeois Statistician?

Or a proletariat Statistician?

:D

Well given the fact that as a Statistician i was paid by an employer based on the value of my labour i would have to go with Proletariat. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That Troy Davis story got me thinking about American prisons this morning and reminded me of the the episode of QI, think we may have discussed on here before. Crazy stuff all the same.

Land of the free....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Some more stats
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Less than 1% of all murderers are condemned to death[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2% of death row inmates are actually executed[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Over 113 people on death row have been exonerated since 1973[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]68% of the death penalty convictions between 1973 - 1995 were reversed[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Today more than 75 death row inmates have spent 20 years on the Row.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Capital punishment is applied to a higher percentage of minorities than whites.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is not cost effective:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Capital murder trials threaten to bankrupt townships costing taxpayers:[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2 million in legal fees to try a death penalty case, nearly 4 times higher than comparable murder trials.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The automatic appeal process costs up to $700,000 in legal fees.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1.2 million in execution costs.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1973 -1998, Florida spent $57 million on 18 executions.[/FONT]

But it's all about the money
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jun/20/california-death-penalty-execution-costs

http://www.beinformedjournal.org/beinformed-journal/2010/3/16/economics-of-death-penalty-cost-to-us-taxpayers-millions-of.html

It's no wonder executions are way down in the last 5 years.

Bad Opinion Generator
    “Planes carrying 1,000 passengers and flying just under the speed of sound will of course be old hat. The new thing will be transport by ballistic rocket, capable of reaching any place on earth in 40 minutes.”

—TIME, offering predictions for the year 2000, 1966
    “There’s just not that many videos I want to watch.”

—Steve Chen, CTO and co-founder of YouTube, 2005
    “The cinema is little more than a fad. It’s canned drama. What audiences really want to see is flesh and blood on the stage.”

—Charlie Chaplin, predicting the demise of movies, 1916

“Tiger never does anything that would make him look ridiculous.”

—Golf Digest, asserting that Tiger Woods would make a fine role model for President Obama, 2010

“To believe that Apple can somehow succeed where all others have failed is to ignore some fundamental realities of tablet computing.”

—Randall C. Kennedy, IT consultant and former InfoWorld contributor, on Apple’s iPad, 2009
    “Next Christmas the iPod will be dead, finished, gone, kaput.”

—Sir Alan Sugar, British entrepreneur, 2005
    “Who cares about a little terrorist in Afghanistan?”

— Paul Wolfowitz, U.S. Deputy Defense Secretary, responding to concerns about al-Qaeda, April 2001

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Oh i know how that feels:):):):):):):):):):):):)

1902b714b42967be557a412bcd24949c.jpg

8774f87ef505cdfff5fbe6213f9e7ba3.jpg

Notice the hand blurred from being in motion when being taken, most likley looked like that to her aswell:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

anyone watch the first episode Terra Nova now that it's aired in the USA? Easy viewing if you're that way inclined. A bit cheesy I thought but I'll grab next week's episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

old gregg wrote: »
    anyone watch the first episode Terra Nova now that it's aired in the USA? Easy viewing if you're that way inclined. A bit cheesy I thought but I'll grab next week's episode.

I was just reading a review the other day about it. Looks ok, going to D/L it later. Spielberg is also involved so should not be that disappointing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Interestink.
    Vill have a look see later.

Hmmm. Must give this a watch.

It'd be nice to get on board a new show before it's in it's 7th or 8th season for a change. :D

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It'd be nice to get on board a new show before it's in it's 7th or 8th season for a change. :D

I'm in this limbo myself at the moment. Breaking Bad is about to finish for the season, Sunny will help a little, Terra Nova starts on Sky1 this week so no point in downloading and I don't watch tv much cos the fam are all big crime drama fans so that's what's on every night in my house and I can't stand that type of show.

I'm looking for an excellent show that's maybe at the end of 1st/2nd season so I can feast.

Breaking Bad is about to finish for the season,
    Heard a lot about Breaking Bad over the last while, all good. So I watched the first to episodes last week. Seems good, but FM, it's dark! Hopefully it's worth sticking with.

I'm in this limbo myself at the moment. Breaking Bad is about to finish for the season, Sunny will help a little, Terra Nova starts on Sky1 this week so no point in downloading and I don't watch tv much cos the fam are all big crime drama fans so that's what's on every night in my house and I can't stand that type of show.

I'm looking for an excellent show that's maybe at the end of 1st/2nd season so I can feast.

There's Boardwalk Empire. Season one finished a couple of months ago and it's meant to be outstanding. Haven't seen it myself but anyone I know who has highly recommends it. Also, the Walking Dead will be starting it's second season sometime around the end of this month I think - can't wait for that.

There's Boardwalk Empire. Season one finished a couple of months ago and it's meant to be outstanding.
    Oh it is!! Best thing I've watched in years. Watched it all over the space of a week, brilliant show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Heard a lot about Breaking Bad over the last while, all good. So I watched the first to episodes last week. Seems good, but FM, it's dark! Hopefully it's worth sticking with.

As it unfolds it starts to work a lot of humour into a dark situation...but it is a pretty dark show in it's way.

I'd forgotten about Boardwalk Empire, muchos thankos.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Definitely Boardwalk Empire, 2nd series starts actually this coming weekend.

Actually the first series of The Borgias just ended last weekend, another I would recommend also...

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Oh Carnivale also, pretty strange and took a bit for me to get into but its a decent series.

Game of Thrones of course also, 2nd series isn't too far away now either... think it was discussed here before.

Sky Atlantic lured me back to TV I must say!

• Advertisement

I checked out Boardwalk Empire via eztv and so on and see loads of comments from folks saying that they got grief from their isp due to the tv network (I presume) reporting downloaders. I'd not want to be doing anything to bring 'the heat' on me so does that ring a bell with anyone in Ireland praytell?

I checked out Boardwalk Empire via eztv and so on and see loads of comments from folks saying that they got grief from their isp due to the tv network (I presume) reporting downloaders. I'd not want to be doing anything to bring 'the heat' on me so does that ring a bell with anyone in Ireland praytell?

I haven't seen or heard anything about that but I have noticed that all the decent free sports streaming sites are down this year. I guess it's only a matter of time before the same thing happens with eztv et al. Which sucks.

I've been getting a fair amount of spam recently and decided to indulge one of these kunts......
    Hello,
    I'm Stella, I saw your profile on this website site (opentuition.com) and I was interested in a relationship with you. Please write to my e-mail ( s.aziku@yahoo.de ), so I give you my picture and tell you about me
    Stella Aziku.

why would I want a picture of you?

Thank you for your mail.how, I was after going through your e-mail, is touched on my heart. I think it is more necessary for me to get to know each other, to hide from you and I decided to do because of the urgency of my situation here in this camp,to contact. My hobbies include tennis and music.

I am Miss Stella Aziku Kassala 23-year-old girl from Sudan in eastern Africa, the only daughter of the late Dr. and Mrs. Aziku Boub Ellison Kassala, the CEO of (eTIC SPS) was in Port Sudan in Sudan and the former Minister of Natural Resources . I am to you for the abuse I was forced by my stepmother, my stepmother planning to take away all my late father's treasury and properties from me since the unexpected death of my beloved Father.Meanwhile I wanted a trip to Europe, but she hide my international passport and other valuable documents. Fortunately, they are not discover where my father I always file contains important documents.

So I decided that the revelation of Christ Church at home, where I'm going now seeking asylum in the Republic of Senegal. I want to tell you personally for a long term relationship and investment promotion in your Country.also for you to me, my father from the fund to the bank because the bank requires a guarantee of foreign missions, deposited my late father of blessed memory, the sum of ( $ 5,300,000 $). in a leading bank in London with my name as the next of kin. However, I will be ready to confirm with you the necessary documentation on your acceptance to assist me for the transfer and investment of the fund.

How will you tell me in an investment, and I will be happy to finish my studies, as I said in my second year of college, when the crisis began. It is my intention is to compensate 5% of the total money for your support and the balance of my capital. Why would I put you in touch. Please all communications should soon through this email address only for confidential purposes.As as I receive your positive response I received your interest in each case, to get things into action immediately. Given the above I would sincerely appreciate an urgent message indicating your ability and willingness in this transaction.

You can contact me at the office number to reach the venerable father, his name is Pastor Pastor James Smith and the phone number is (+221-764772968), if you tell him that you love to talk to his wife Stella is definitely send call for me, my hostel block number 104A. I would appreciate it if you would help me save my life and help me make the transfer from the bank with honest and sincerity to my arrival to meet you Awaiting your urgent and positive response. You only do this, then I think, not to mention begging until I come to you once the fund transfer.
    Yours Sincerely.
    Stella

Yeah sure, anything for a friend. How can I help you?

Thank you for your kindness, I hope you have a nice day and all is well with you.
    Is ok, you can always reach me with this number. +221 764772968
    Ask the REV, that you talk to stella in the girls hostel block 104A.

I am sending you the e-mail address and telephone number of the Secuirty Bank where the money is.please to write it in my name as i said to you.My full name is Stella Boub Kassala and to tell them about my late father Dr. David Ellison Boub Kassala.who left the money for me.tell them that you want to know how to have this money directed from there to your bank account as my late father said.

Here are the bank contact e-mail address as follows please e-mail from the bank as soon

(Standard Chartered Bank)
    9th Bearings, 1 Basinghall Avenue
    London EC2V 5DD
    7SB, United Kingdom
    (Website: http://www.chatardbankplc@yahoo.co.uk)
    The name of the transfer, Mr. Peter Sands
    E-mail; peter.san32@yahoo.co.uk
    Phone .... +44-131-208-0226, +44-703-184-3055
    Fax +44-131-208-0226 ...
    E-mail .. E-mail Address: (chatardbankplcagent@yahoo.co.uk)
    E-mail; chartardbankonlinetrasnfer@yahoo.co.uk

Information about the deposit code are as follows.

Name of account holder: Dr. David Ellison Kassala Boub
    Nationality: Sudan
    Next of Kin: Miss Dorine stella Kassala
    Amount deposited: ($ 5,300,000 USD)
    Account number: SCBUK745608902546/QB/91/A

I know that we always like to be with you incontact updates via e-mail for me to know how you go with the bank and are getting ready for my visit

I wish you much love and beautiful day
    Stella.

Okay, that's done. I have transferred the money for you. I hope €10,000 is enough. If you need more money please just ask me

Hello
    I am very happy for you quick response and you are willing to help me to save my life and bring me in your country for my happy life, after the bank transfer to us on your account

Please i we like you to write e-mail us and there on the bank by e-mail address below for the transfer and you tell the bank that the foreign partner of Miss Stella aziku Kassala, the daughter of the late Father David Aziku Ksaala the total amount deposited it in the bank and Miss Stella Aziku Kassala, the next of kin of the fund

Please let the bank know that you are my foreign partner and we want you to know the responsibility to make, so we did the transfer to your account in your country as my foreign partner to my arrival you will meet

I know that we are very pleased to help you urgently to help me with all your heart and bring me in your country after the transfer of life for my freedom with you

Please get intouch with the bank kindely there by e-mail address below for the transfer and also inform me if you answer the bank i, we are very pleased to meet you soon

Here are the bank contact details, please contact again as soon as the possibility of the transfer done for us into your account

(Standard Chartered Bank)
    9th Ball bearings, 1 Basinghall Avenue
    London EC2V 5DD
    7SB, United Kingdom
    (Website: http://www.chatardbankplc@yahoo.co.uk)
    The name of the transfer, Mr. Peter Sands
    E-mail; peter.san32@yahoo.co.uk
    Phone .... +44-131-208-0226, +44-703-184-3055
    Fax +44-131-208-0226 ...
    E-mail .. E-mail Address: (chatardbankplcagent@yahoo.co.uk)
    E-mail; chartardbankonlinetrasnfer@yahoo.co.uk

Information about the deposit code are as follows.

Name of account holder: Dr. David Ellison Kassala Boub
    Nationality: Sudan
    Next of Kin: Miss Dorine stella Kassala
    Amount deposited: ($ 5,300,000 USD)
    Account number: SCBUK745608902546/QB/91/A
    Stella, my love.

I have been to my bank to request a loan for $10,000 to help bring you to my country.

Initially the bank wasn't so happy to provide the money. But, after I had shown them my business plan they have decided to consider the proposal.

I think $10,000 for a sex slave from Sudan is a fantastic price. From your previous correspondence I figure you to be in your early 20's. I would hope to offer your services for $50 p/h in the hope that we could generate 2 sales per hour in a 16 hour shift, and if I had you working 7 days a week I could make in excess of $11,200 per week. Allowing for holiday pay and social insurance payments etc I would hope to make around $400,000 per annum. With the average expiration of perhaps 33 years of age for an average prostitute, it seems that I could stand to make quite a tidy profit from your coming to my country.

Now, getting back to the story. Upon showing the bank my sales projections, they became increasingly interested in offering the money. Sadly, they have asked for collateral. And I am unable to provide any. They have however accepted my proposal of providing them naked pictures of you so they can see for themselves that you have resale value.

I'm greatly looking forward to hearing from you.

Kindest Regards,

Your beloved.

Genius, Ian, genius…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

Haha Good man ian! You should post that up on http://www.thescambaiter.com/

Jeez, I'm a rank amateur compared to some of the baiting on that site. I'm gonna have to up my game I think.

Just watched the first episode of Terra Nova on Sky. Oh dear

Just watched the first episode of Terra Nova on Sky. Oh dear

I know, what did thay spend the $60 Million on :eek:

I know, what did thay spend the $60 Million on :eek:

Hair and makeup......and teeth whitening.

• Advertisement

Hair and makeup......and teeth whitening.

:)
    the special effects where like something out of Jason and the Argonauts :)
    The Acting is awful.

Advertisement