Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

francois wrote: »
    amazing seriesof pics of the communists taking on the black bloc in athens

http://www.naftemporiki.gr/photos/slideshow.asp?id=43214

Fck, that is madness. They sure like burning sht in Athens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

amazing seriesof pics of the communists taking on the black bloc in athens

http://www.naftemporiki.gr/photos/slideshow.asp?id=43214

Jebus that's mental.

Brings a whole new meaning to teabagging

Ha ha ha ha ha :D

Anyone knowif these are any use? Want to get another set of decks (with iphone record function) when I get home and these seem like a nice cheap option.

http://www.amazon.com/Numark-iBATTLEPACK-Vinyl-Ipod-Package/product-reviews/B001RP3VSK/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ok now I've actually seen it all: http://www.groupon.ie/in/.uEbFNj/,1255768 Weight loss hot pants. What is the world coming to

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

From: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056429408

Untitled_159.png
    Some very interesting figures here. The amount of the population contributing almost no tax at all is quite staggering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Zascar wrote: »
    From: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056429408

Some very interesting figures here. The amount of the population contributing almost no tax at all is quite staggering.

Seems reasonably progressive and fair tbh. Those that can't pay, don't. And those that earn above 60k pay a lot. It does appear that there's almost no point in being relatively well off in Ireland though.

Taxes should be significantly raised for those on over 150k all the same. Either become properly wealthy or learn to survive off 30/40k. There doesn't seem to be much incentive to earn anything in between 50-100k. Particularly when you consider how utterly abject our state services are.....roads, hospitals, schools etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Duck Sauce - Big Bad wolf music video
    Probably the best dance music video I've seen in a while.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new-and-hot/duck-sauce-big-bad-wolf-20111024#ooid=dvZXd3Mjp_pp5VW4vsUJO7cFXoCa1gOB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

000525d0-440.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

This is pretty cool

You can view a new map of your area/home and superimpose them with the ordnance survey maps of 1837-1842 (6' map) and 1888-1913 (25' map)
    My old house was on the site of a castle

• Advertisement

I live in a castle as it is so I've no interest in finding out if any peasants previously lived on my land.

The Onion here with a fine article.....
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-finally-breaks-down-and-begs-its-smart-peop,26450/?utm_source=active_promotion&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=facebook_post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

I may as well use this thread to weed out who I'll take seriously in the future so let us know who you voted for in the presidential election.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

I may as well use this thread to weed out who I'll take seriously in the future so let us know who you voted for in the presidential election.

Micheal D really was the only one worthy of it, but the whole thing was a circus.

I just don't understand why Dustin the Turkey didn't run this year - he would have had a very good chance...

Michael D, easy choice seen as he admitted to being a toker back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Didn't.

Got taken off the register a couple of months ago, maybe because of the census - not living where I was registered (the folks gaff)

Anyway, have completely lost faith in the democratic process at this stage (after FG/Lab getting voted in), so didn't bother to get myself put back on. Being an honest, PAYE tax paying, voting citizen has done absolutely nothing for me so far, except gotten me f*cked. I'm in danger of going into a long rant, so I'll stop there.

joker77 wrote: »
    I'm in danger of going into a long rant, so I'll stop there.
    Ah go on!!!!

Rants are better / more amusing when I'm drunk

Cool well I'm not heading to that party now so I'll see you later and look forward to that rant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Rants are better / more amusing when I'm drunk

it's nearly 10am so pop down to the supermarket, pick up a bag of cans and get typing.

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    Cool well I'm not heading to that party now so I'll see you later and look forward to that rant!
    Still no details on that, fun boy is being very cagey. One thing is for sure, it'll be ghey...

old_gregg - wouldn't mind, have a goo since yesterday. Suffice to say that at this stage, a life of crime is looking damn tempting.

Saw this on twitter earlier from qikipedia, boggled my mind:
    "A full Kindle weighs a billionth of a billionth of a gram more than a brand new one."
    All that data, all those books, weight practically nothing. Amazing.

Alright Joker,

That Pepe Bradock, Deep Burnt is in stock on decks.de. Just got an email this morning

ianuss wrote: »
    Alright Joker,

That Pepe Bradock, Deep Burnt is in stock on decks.de. Just got an email this morning
    alright ianuss
    Yea - and I only put through my WK7 order yesterday! Was waiting till I got paid, picked up 3 more and said that was enough. Got the email this morning, was on to them to try and add it on but my order had already shipped, so I've stuck in another order, will wait till the end of next month and see what's tempting me.

Did you go for it? What about WK7?

This is one I ordered yesterday:
    http://www.decks.de/t/unknown_artist-unbalance_2/byf-hs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Saw this on twitter earlier from qikipedia, boggled my mind:
    "A full Kindle weighs a billionth of a billionth of a gram more than a brand new one."
    All that data, all those books, weight practically nothing. Amazing.

Wow, not at the obvious in the post that all those books and they weigh so little, i am amazed that data has any recordable weight at all, i thought data was just the seqeunce of the 1's & 0's on the hard disk of whatever device, PC, server etc.

How can it have any weight?

I mean if i filled an 80gb hard drive with all 1's & 0's how does it weigh anything more than it just being clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Wow, not at the obvious in the post that all those books and they weigh so little, i am amazed that data has any recordable weight at all, i thought data was just the seqeunce of the 1's & 0's on the hard disk of whatever device, PC, server etc.

How can it have any weight?

I mean if i filled an 80gb hard drive with all 1's & 0's how does it weigh anything more than it just being clear?

Technically the harddrive wouldn't weigh any more at all, the data storage method is to use electrons to alter the position of a magnetic medium. The basic flip between 0 and 1.

Given the tiny weight disparity between the full kindle and the brand new one i would make the jump that the used kindle, as it was actually used, came into contact with contaminants etc has picked up the additional weight from something as simple as environmental exposure.

Also, as far as i am aware, Kindle is a flash device, flash memory actually stores an electron in a cell to alter the charge and change the effective memory from 0 to 1. As such, there is actually an effective weight to stored data on a Flash device.

alright ianuss
    Yea - and I only put through my WK7 order yesterday! Was waiting till I got paid, picked up 3 more and said that was enough. Got the email this morning, was on to them to try and add it on but my order had already shipped, so I've stuck in another order, will wait till the end of next month and see what's tempting me.

Did you go for it? What about WK7?

This is one I ordered yesterday:
    http://www.decks.de/t/unknown_artist-unbalance_2/byf-hs

Ah that's a bit ghey, I'm not sure if I'll get it or not, there's some other records I want that are temporarily out of stock. I might wait a while and see if they come back before I pull the trigger. Got the WK7 form Rush Hour a while back.

ianuss wrote: »
    Ah that's a bit ghey, I'm not sure if I'll get it or not, there's some other records I want that are temporarily out of stock. I might wait a while and see if they come back before I pull the trigger. Got the WK7 form Rush Hour a while back.
    I'd imagine it'll be around for a while, it's another repress. It's handy on decks to see the stock levels, if it gets close to selling out you can always pull the trigger then.

I'd imagine it'll be around for a while, it's another repress. It's handy on decks to see the stock levels, if it gets close to selling out you can always pull the trigger then.

I do like that decks site but I've never ordered from it. There's some cool features on it too. Holding stock for a few weeks, seeing stock levels and their media player is one of the best out there. I've held that Bradock record for 30 days in the hope that some of the others become available in the meantime.

Yea the player is pretty good, the clips are a decent enough length, and you can navigate the rest of the site with no issues. Have just been on Phonica for a while, great selection, but such a crappy site - player is awful.

Deep burnt is in stock there also, my finger was hovering dangerously over the buy button - want to get the new Maurice Donovan track... and then while browsing, another 4. Finances just won't stretch, just paid and already looking like it'll be a long month...

• Advertisement

Phonica is just awful to navigate around. The player is total pants. I've bought off it a bit but I tend to shop elsewhere. I think Rush Hour is a great site, and they just improved their media player too.

I've started to pick up a few in All City lately. It's great being able to reserve copies that they have on their distro lists and I've picked up a few surprises that I probably wouldn't have got otherwise. The down side to all this is that I'm broke of course :(

Advertisement