Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

Opinionate irish man is back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

old gregg wrote: »

Fackin' 'ell Bruce! Bladdy Ozzies!!

I used to love watching kabaddi. It used to be on a bazillion years ago on Trans-World Sport on Channel 4, really early on Saturday mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

The teams take turns sending a lone ''raider'' into the other half, in order to win points by touching a member of the opposing team...

His opponents, who hold hands...

Sounds hella-ghey.
    The photo doesn't do much to change my mind either.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

a brutal team game of chanting, tackling and held-breath raids on opposition territory
    kabaddi is a physical, often violent, game played between two teams occupying opposite halves of a small field.
    His opponents, who hold hands, try to snare the raider, tackling him to stop him returning to his team's half.

Sounds just like rugby to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Zascar wrote: »
    Sounds just like rugby to me!

Ye, like milltown said,

'Hella - ghey':pac:

they could combine kabaddi with bukaki and they'd have the ghey-est sport in the entire universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Officials have refused to disclose which banned substances have been detected, but it is understood several players tested positive to the steroid nandrolone.

Probably poppers.

Gregg, I'm backing your petition to bring bukkake to the 2016 olympics :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I can't understand why anyone would use Deca to cheat...it's the most tested for drug in the world ffs.

Rookies.

And quite clearly homosexuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I take it you've all seen this?

Vintage British Argos 1985 Catalogue

I used to spend hours flicking through it as a kid.

Probably more suited to the "Oldskool, Oldskool, can't believe it's not Oldskool" thread though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I take it you've all seen this?

Vintage British Argos 1985 Catalogue

I used to spend hours flicking through it as a kid.

Probably more suited to the "Oldskool, Oldskool, can't believe it's not Oldskool" thread though. :)

3592620853_87c4942481_b.jpg

used to love those old stereos with the slider equalizer thingys, cant stand the preset or digital ones - why try fix something that aint broken

Think my sister had that red Sharp stereo.

Commodore 64 was £189.00

Average yearly wage (for anybody lucky enough to have a job) was around £10,000, so no wonder I never got one off Santa!

Ah, the Commodore 64........"Lads, nobody phucking move while it's loading!".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

site wide census which is really just a 'customer survey in another pathetic attempt to monetize boards'? go fcuk yourself.

Yeah, how dare they try to make money! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Yeah, how dare they try to make money! :rolleyes:

If they're gonna do things like that, they could at least let us change our usernames for free...

El Pr0n wrote: »
    If they're gonna do things like that, they could at least let us change our usernames for free...

The whole site is free to use.

It's like people moaning about the recent changes in Facebook. You don't have to use the site if you don't want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

3592620853_87c4942481_b.jpg

lol, is that Del Trotter's radio bottom right?

• Advertisement

ianuss wrote: »
    Ah, the Commodore 64........"Lads, nobody phucking move while it's loading!".

Or talk to loud as it might be picked up by the tape deck;)
    The whole site is free to use.

It's like people moaning about the recent changes in Facebook. You don't have to use the site if you don't want to.

Im sure they cream it from the advertising here & on adverts already.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Im sure they cream it from the advertising here & on adverts already.
    And by "cream it" you of course mean make a profit from providing a free service.

FFS lads, you'd swear they were 1) Forcing you to do the survey, and 2) Forcing you to use Boards.

And by "cream it" you of course mean make a profit from providing a free service.

FFS lads, you'd swear they were 1) Forcing you to do the survey, and 2) Forcing you to use Boards.

Fair enough,

I wont take the survery, i will use boards, good luck to the owners with the survey.

er, I have no problem with anyone trying to make money......however, that customer survey is right in the fcukin way and it irritates me. Facebook make money from selling my data and I couldn't give a sh1t.
    But if facebook put up a notice as obstructively prominent as that, resulting in me having to scroll past it on EVERY thread and on EVERY forum etc., I'd tell em to go fcuk themselves.

boards.ie can do whatever they want (including tomorrow to make it a subscription only service where you have to donate a testicle to get said subscription) in order to make money.
    But one can get annoyed about big annoying banner survey prompts too.

jtsuited wrote: »
    er, I have no problem with anyone trying to make money......however, that customer survey is right in the fcukin way and it irritates me. Facebook make money from selling my data and I couldn't give a sh1t.
    But if facebook put up a notice as obstructively prominent as that, resulting in me having to scroll past it on EVERY thread and on EVERY forum etc., I'd tell em to go fcuk themselves.

boards.ie can do whatever they want (including tomorrow to make it a subscription only service where you have to donate a testicle to get said subscription) in order to make money.
    But one can get annoyed about big annoying banner survey prompts too.

Just click on the x on the right hand corner once - and puff, it's gone forever. Simples, no?

Haha ya gobsh1te, as Ian said, just close it and it's gone.

hahaha, thanks.
    edit: those red x boxes don't show up unless you're logged in.

Haha ya gobsh1te, as Ian said, just close it and it's gone.

ah go easy on the new boy

• Advertisement

ah go easy on the new boy

Yeah, you're right. It's like that time that bloke went nuts over Colly's Facebook prank.

Advertisement