Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yeah, you're right. It's like that time that bloke went nuts over Colly's Facebook prank.

yea but he was only a bollocks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hahaha! That was an epic day. I really wish I had of taken a screenshot of your message to me. I could almost smell your tears!!

I could almost smell your tears!!
    sounds pretty erotic to me. Otherwise it was an epic day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I thought you actually posted Greg's response in the thread, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I remember seeing the response I think......poor Mick. Poor poor Mick.

And lads, it's still a pain in the arse, as i don't log in much these days, what with me moving between computers quite a bit so loggin in is a rarity.

• Advertisement

First World problems eh!

oh you have no idea. wait til i tell you my anecdote about having my car valeted the other day!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

3592620853_87c4942481_b.jpg

used to love those old stereos with the slider equalizer thingys, cant stand the preset or digital ones - why try fix something that aint broken

Brilliant, I still have the drool sensation looking at them - I will always remember begging for my own stereo as a kid and working my way up through various systems... got a job then in Harry Moores in Henry St and had the pleasure of selling them! - Plus getting discounts and building my music player collection :pac: I can distinctly remember the feeling of getting enough money together to move on to a new system and the sheer pleasure of arriving home and ripping the box open... putting on the first CD and then trying out a variety of genres to see how it performs - things haven't changed though, these bad boys are to be my latest investment in the coming days... cannot wait!!! You really can't beat separates when it comes to listening to music, a real investment that you can build on over time.

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/silver-rx/rx2/

rx2large.jpg

Used to sell loads of these actually, always wanted one myself but never got around to it - there was some sound from this given it was a portable... I loved the top panel that flipped up and down...

rxdt707.jpg

And this one really annoys me, I saved up my hard earned cash for this gem and it was feckin robbed on me at a party along with a number of mix tapes... it was a cracking player, well built with metal buttons and inline remote control etc... oh and a rechargeable battery!

PANASONICRQ-S15D.jpg

• Advertisement

Sht I'm not actually in the oldskool thread :pac:

nano.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Pretty much on the money with this prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

BaZmO* wrote: »
    And by "cream it" you of course mean make a profit from providing a free service.

FFS lads, you'd swear they were 1) Forcing you to do the survey, and 2) Forcing you to use Boards.

Coincidence we brought this up yesterday,

wikipedia

Commerce is fine. Advertising is not evil. But it doesn't belong here. Not in Wikipedia.
    Wikipedia is something special. It is like a library or a public park. It is like a temple for the mind. It is a place we can all go to think, to learn, to share our knowledge with others.
    When I founded Wikipedia, I could have made it into a for-profit company with advertising banners, but I decided to do something different. We’ve worked hard over the years to keep it lean and tight. We fulfill our mission, and leave waste to others.

Coincidence we brought this up yesterday,

wikipedia

Commerce is fine. Advertising is not evil. But it doesn't belong here. Not in Wikipedia.
    Wikipedia is something special. It is like a library or a public park. It is like a temple for the mind. It is a place we can all go to think, to learn, to share our knowledge with others.
    When I founded Wikipedia, I could have made it into a for-profit company with advertising banners, but I decided to do something different. We’ve worked hard over the years to keep it lean and tight. We fulfill our mission, and leave waste to others.
    That's all well and good, and quite honourable tbf, but for every Wikipedia there are thousands of businesses that are profit making companies.

But all that said, Jeff was just being a bit blonde, so no need to continue the debate. :D;)

On another note, does annyone know the criteria involved in Bring Your Own Bottle set ups?

What is required by way of licenses, laws etc?

On another note, does annyone know the criteria involved in Bring Your Own Bottle set ups?

What is required by way of licenses, laws etc?

All you really need are is a venue that is willing to do it. I did a couple of things down in Block T.

It's best to get a place that will provide it's own security for the door, or if you have a mate who is PSA certed then get them to it for you.

Not too sure about the law with regard to BYOB gigs, even though i organised some, the general attraction for us is that we were skirting outside the law with them anyway. As far as i understand it the whole thing is basically illegal because while the BYOB element gets around the laws regarding alchohol sales, the venue still likely will not have a licence for Public Dance.

All you really need are is a venue that is willing to do it. I did a couple of things down in Block T.

It's best to get a place that will provide it's own security for the door, or if you have a mate who is PSA certed then get them to it for you.

Not too sure about the law with regard to BYOB gigs, even though i organised some, the general attraction for us is that we were skirting outside the law with them anyway. As far as i understand it the whole thing is basically illegal because while the BYOB element gets around the laws regarding alchohol sales, the venue still likely will not have a licence for Public Dance.

Thanks for that, lets not worry about a dance license for the moment, anyone else have anything they can throw out regards to BYOB set ups & the law etc?

I played a few BYOB events in Space 54 last year and the only real legal issue to come up was that people were not allowed to bring bottles/cans out onto the street because of the usual laws that obtain for public drinking. The only reason it's an issue for BYOB sessions is that folks tend to want to carry a can outside while they have a smoke and that's when our friends in blue become involved and may then decide to enter the premises 'cos crimes are being committed.

old gregg wrote: »
    I played a few BYOB events in Space 54 last year and the only real legal issue to come up was that people were not allowed to bring bottles/cans out onto the street because of the usual laws that obtain for public drinking. The only reason it's an issue for BYOB sessions is that folks tend to want to carry a can outside while they have a smoke and that's when our friends in blue become involved and may then decide to enter the premises 'cos crimes are being committed.

Thats great greg, cheers for the info, can you point me in the right direction with a link that verifys that?

Not that i dont beleive you, just need to have the papertrail, you know yourself.

Actually...one more thing I should mention...watch where you put your flyers, should you use them.

I did a load of gigs in licensed premises and we'd put a few flyers up around the city, heard no hassle. The two BYOB gigs that i was involved in we had the authorities come after us with fines for flyering...so i have no idea if that was just coincidence or a conscious effort to punish people who were promoting gigs outside licensed venues.

• Advertisement

Thats great greg, cheers for the info, can you point me in the right direction with a link that verifys that?

Not that i dont beleive you, just need to have the papertrail, you know yourself.
    na I'd not have that kind of info at all. I just remember speaking with a garda outside one night and asking what the legal position was. He said that until people carried open bottles/cans out onto the street it was just another house party and they had no interest.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

racist.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Some spanner alright. What he thought he'd achieve by coming out with that I'll never know.

Maybe he wants to retire on a huge pension

some people are just totally lacking in self awareness and understanding how cliched certain things sound...

I would strongly advise people to google "DMA" and "gunfinger".

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

Re: BYOB

http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2011-11-02.1580.0&s=Clubs+Acts+1904+to+2008%2C#g1582.0.r
    To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality the legal position regarding the consumption of alcohol at unlicensed commercial venues which charge patrons a cover charge but allow them to bring their own alcohol onto the premises; if he intends to introduce legislation in this area; and if he will make a statement on the matter

The Deputy will appreciate that I am not in a position as Minister for Justice and Equality to give legal advice in response to Parliamentary Questions. However, the following is by way of general information.

Provisions relating to the sale, supply and consumption of intoxicating liquor are set out in the Licensing Acts 1833 to 2011 and the Registration of Clubs Acts 1904 to 2008. The general position is that premises require a licence from the Revenue Commissioners under the Licensing Acts or, in the case of registered clubs, a certificate of registration from the District Court under the Registration of Clubs Acts, in order to engage in the sale and supply of intoxicating liquor and to permit consumption on the premises. Engaging in the sale or supply of intoxicating liquor without such a licence or certificate of registration, or permitting its consumption on the premises, is an offence.

As regards the consumption of intoxicating liquor in unlicensed venues, the position is that section 26 of the Intoxicating Liquor Act provides that a person shall not be in or consume intoxicating liquor in unlicensed drinking premises unless the person is an “excepted person”, i.e. a bona fide occupier of the premises, a member of his or her family, a resident or worker in the premises, or a bona fide guest of any such person. In this context, “unlicensed drinking premises” is defined as premises to which an on-licence is not attached, or are not the premises of a registered club, which are used or made available for the consumption of intoxicating liquor by persons resorting to them.

Section 26 of the 1962 Act also provides that the District Court, if satisfied on information given on oath by a member of the Gardaí not below the rank of inspector that there is reasonable ground for supposing that an offence under the section has been, is being or is about to be committed, may issue a search warrant in respect of premises concerned.

I should add that the Government Legislation Programme provides for publication of the Sale of Alcohol Bill in early 2012. This Bill will modernise the laws relating to the sale, supply and consumption of intoxicating liquor by repealing the Licensing Acts 1833 to 2010, as well as the Registration of Clubs Acts 1904 to 2008, and replacing them with streamlined and updated provisions.

Anyone know where I can pick up a new bulb for a 1210?

Anyone know where I can pick up a new bulb for a 1210?
    I replaced mine years ago and I'm sure I got them from HTFR, but they don't seem to do them anymore. I'd imagine ebay would have loads of them. Failing that, Aquarius Sound and Lighting would probably be your best bet.

Are you thinking of replacing it yourself? It's a fairly tricky job.

• Advertisement

Might be just the humour I'm in but I'm liking this.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2oj4wJ/balldroppings.com/js%253F1

Advertisement