Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Anybody been watching the Frozen Planet on the BBC recently? Some really spectacular photography.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Anybody been watching the Frozen Planet on the BBC recently? Some really spectacular photography.

It is an awesome show,reall enjoyable watch

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Are you thinking of replacing it yourself? It's a fairly tricky job.

yeah, feck it.
    Figure I should know how to do these things and I don't think Il find any shop still doing it in the west

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

I saw the movie, Drive yesterday. I haven't enjoyed a movie as much as that in years. I thought it was properly brilliant.

Soundtrack is great in parts too....
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmbwtn_a-real-hero-college-feat-electric-youth-drive-original-soundtrack_creation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I wanted to see that last time I went the cinema but it was sold out. Had to go to Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy instead which was a pile of shít.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

I nabbed it off the internets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

While we are temporarily on the topic of films, here is my DIY projector mark 2, used pretty much the same parts as the first one a posted here over a year back now but have changed the bulb from a 575watt halogen to a 400watt metal halide bulb, (brighter, whiter light & less heat), also i have used an ice cream bowl as a refelctor & built it into an old toy box so it is more acceptable as a permanent feature in the living room,

183143.jpg

183145.jpg

183146.jpg

183147.jpg

183148.jpg

183149.jpg

183150.jpg

183151.jpg

183152.jpg

183153.jpg

183154.jpg

183155.jpg

And heres what i got from it 6 foot by 6 foot,

183156.jpg

183157.jpg

183158.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Suweeet. That's very cool. I made a DIY enclosure/mount for our smaller hitachi and the ultra short throw the aul fella hid in the ceiling, but you really went the whole way with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

That's great Key! great Picture also!

How to you feed the Video to it? input source ?

ED E wrote: »
    Suweeet. That's very cool. I made a DIY enclosure/mount for our smaller hitachi and the ultra short throw the aul fella hid in the ceiling, but you really went the whole way with it.

Yep, this is a build from scratch,

Dell 15" LCD stripped down.
    Fresnel lens's & Projection lens's from old overhead projector.
    Three PC fans from old PC's.
    Multi voltage plug for running fans (running at 9.5v)
    heavy guage corrugated card for holding screen & lens's.
    1 wooden toy box.
    Black paint.

Total cost of build including first & second time also,

€70

That's great Key! great Picture also!

How to you feed the Video to it? input source ?

Well it is an LCD screen stripped down, so its straight VGA plugged in from my main PC in living room, underneath the box has holes cut out for fans to blow in & out cool & hot air & then all electrical & VGA cable also are running out from underneath, so when it in place its all tidy.

I just run the cable from the monitor/screen thats located inside the box out to an extension VGA into my main PC, then i can watch DVD's, TV or anything you can do on your PC on 6 x 6 screen from my sofa with my wireless mouse & keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Well it is an LCD screen stripped down, so its straight VGA plugged in from my main PC in living room, underneath the box has holes cut out for fans to blow in & out cool & hot air & then all electrical & VGA cable also are running out from underneath, so when it in place its all tidy.

I just run the cable from the monitor/screen thats located inside the box out to an extension VGA into my main PC, then i can watch DVD's, TV or anything you can do on your PC on 6 x 6 screen from my sofa with my wireless mouse & keyboard.

cool! so you have two monitors connected to one PC.the stripped down 15" LCD is in the Box and that's the one doing the Cinema Magic for you so to speak?. thumbs up Key great job.

cool! so you have two monitors connected to one PC.the stripped down 15" LCD is in the Box and that's the one doing the Cinema Magic for you so to speak?. thumbs up Key great job.

Well you could get an adapter to have two connected at once if you want & switch from one to the other but instead i have the extension VGA feeding out of the PC that has a female end on it, so i just switch from the monitor on the PC to the 'cinema magic' one with ease, both monitors have male ends that plug into the female one as and when i need to switch that feeds permanently into the PC, you see when im not using the DIY projector i just tidy all cables underneath the box & its not an eyesore.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

Anyone know Mark?

markc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Someone is gonna be a daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Or needs to visit the STD clinic.

Well she's not trying to get in contact to tell him that the Lotto ticket that they bought together has won the jackpot!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Have to have a read of that later. Fairly odd goings on. I like Anton Savage. He's good craic when he fills in on Today fm. Very intelligent aswell.

While on suicide, Gary Speed's at the weekend was a huge shock. Great player in his day. And was starting to get some success as manager of Wales. Really puzzling as to why he did it as normally people have a history of depression whereas everyone close to him is saying he never showed any indications.

Clanket wrote: »
    Have to have a read of that later. Fairly odd goings on. I like Anton Savage. He's good craic when he fills in on Today fm. Very intelligent aswell.

While on suicide, Gary Speed's at the weekend was a huge shock. Great player in his day. And was starting to get some success as manager of Wales. Really puzzling as to why he did it as normally people have a history of depression whereas everyone close to him is saying he never showed any indications.

Well with a couple of encounters ive had with people i know who have ended it there was no signs of depression really, lived with a guy for 6 months who was great craic & he did himself in:confused:

A very good friend who was a real life of the party type & hardy fúcker also did himself in:confused:

Obviously they were really struggling mentally but it never surfaced at all. Really terrible thing suicide is more than if you lost someone in say an accident.

While it is terrible to lose anyone, the questions it brings to the surfaace can be terrible for the people close to them adding to their already hard grief.

I'd read the Peter Murtagh story on the Irish Times website on Monday.

Edit: I just read the original "Anonymous" letter to the IT, a lot of the original quotes in the Peter Murtagh, that didn't make sense at the first time of reading, now make sense. Such a shame that they were made hack the quotes to pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

It'll be interesting to see how the company, who are built for handling crisis, will deal with it. Radio silence, probably.

If it was an isolated incident, or case, it would be very easily swept aside. But the fact there was a previous case of bullying will be hard to shrug off. That case seems to have been settled, and I'd imagine a non-disclosure contract was signed as part of that settlement, so it would be very hard to find out what happened there. It would take a dogged investigative journalist to keep digging, but looking at who's involved, who would honestly risk their career by following on with this story?

Most likely scenario is it will be quickly forgotten, sadly.

This is pretty sick:
    5pm Update: The voicemail which warned of the “libel landmine” [that] was going to “blow up in our faces” (see above) has disappeared. It had been saved, the contents transcribed and was last played back at 2pm today. We have contacted Vodafone who have told us that it is highly unusual as all voicemails can be retrieved, even if deleted, within 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

anyone on here notice that emi has been hacked - this is what it says

"Website Hacked
    User Name's Login's owned

Watch your mouth's suxers

I recommend you use the greatest forum
    irishclubbing.ie"

http://www.emireland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

lol at emireland hack.

the perpetrator may as well have signed his name on it, what with the grammar and whatnot.

this is gonna be hilarious.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hahahaha this is gold.
    Did they have a recent go at him?
    I wonder how he did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

Zascar wrote: »
    Hahahaha this is gold.
    Did they have a recent go at him?
    I wonder how he did it?

he's posting on clubbing.ie about it :

"My inbox on facebook and twitter has been getting loads of abusive messages claiming em ireland was hacked,

and i guess they are popping too many pills as they are getting paranoid and blaming me. I'd never do anything like that, its rather humourous they slag me off all day long aparently then when bad stuff happens blame me, :) what funny peoples.

I saw the site mention irishclubbing.ie was it you guys behind it?"

"Hope they do get through this and anIt been fuxed in the ass so hard they have to close. Never been on the site myself but they seem like a cool bunch"

:D:D

This can only end well - hopefully another hip hop video appears

• Advertisement

Heres an e-mail i was sent earlier, amusing,

Spare a thought for Michael O'Leary, Chief Executive of 'Ryanair'.......

Arriving in a hotel in Dublin, he went to the bar and asked for a pint of draught Guinness. The barman nodded and said, "That will be one Euro please, Mr. O'Leary."

Somewhat taken aback, O'Leary replied, "That's very cheap," and handed over his money.

"Well, we try to stay ahead of the competition", said the barman. "And we are serving free pints every Wednesday evening from 6 until 8. We have the cheapest beer in Ireland"

"That is remarkable value" Michael comments

"I see you don't seem to have a glass, so you'll probably need one of ours. That will be 3 euro please."

O'Leary scowled, but paid up. He took his drink and walked towards a seat. "Ah, you want to sit down?" said the barman. "That'll be an extra 2 euro. - You could have pre-book the seat, and it would have only cost you a Euro."

"I think you may to be too big for the seat sir, can I ask you to sit in this frame please"

Michael attempts to sit down but the frame is too small and when he can't squeeze in he complains "Nobody would fit in that little frame".

"I'm afraid if you can't fit in the frame you'll have to pay an extra surcharge of EUR4.00 for your seat sir"

O'Leary swore to himself, but paid up. "I see that you have brought your laptop with you" added the barman. "And since that wasn't pre-booked either, that will be another 3 euro."

O'Leary was so annoyed that he walked back to the bar, slammed his drink on the counter, and yelled, "This is ridiculous, I want to speak to the manager".

"Ah, I see you want to use the counter," says the barman, "that will be 2 euro please." O'Leary's face was red with rage.

"Do you know who I am?"

"Of course I do Mr. O'Leary,"

"I've had enough, What sort of Hotel is this? I come in for a quiet drink and you treat me like this. I insist on speaking to a manager!"

"Here is his E mail address, or if you wish, you can contact him between
    9 and 9.10 every morning, Monday to Tuesday at this free phone number. Calls are free, until they are answered, then there is a talking charge of only 10 cent per second"

"I will never use this bar again"

"OK sir, but remember, we are the only hotel in Ireland selling pints for one Euro".

Advertisement