Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Nice, interesting tracklist - I'll have that!

The Black Dog have a new mix up actually which looks pretty good, yet to download though myself. I wish these guys would come to Dublin, I'd definitely escape for the night if they did.

http://www.theblackdogma.com/tbd/

The Black Dog – Dark Wave Vol .06

Tracklist:
    01. FaltyDL – Atlantis – Ninja Tunes
    02. Marcel Dettmann – Transition One – Ostgut Ton
    03. Function – Descending – Sandwell District
    04. Norman Nodge – Body To Body – Ostgut Ton
    05. Sarp Yilmaz – Don’t Leave me – Minimal Kidz
    06. Zov Zov – God – Thema
    07. Matador – Korrado – Minus
    08. Matador – Mambo – Minus
    09. Rrose – Shepherd’s Brine – Sandwell District
    10. The Advent & Jason Fernandes – Control – Alchemy
    11. The Black Dog – Bass Mantra (Remixed By Perc) – Dust Science
    12. Blawan – Melting Flesh (Black Dog Remix) – Unreleased
    13. Tobias – We Stick To The Plan – Ostgut Ton
    14. The Black Dog – High Rise Choir Reprise – Dust Science

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Nabbed off Dubstepforum:

CN74y.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Haha. That's brilliant!

Apparently Gary Glitter is on Twitter now. :(

Love this question that Peter Serafinowicz asked him. :D No surprise that Mr. Glitter took it down.

glitterq.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Apparently Gary Glitter is on Twitter now. :(

Love this question that Peter Serafinowicz asked him. :D No surprise that Mr. Glitter took it down.

glitterq.jpg

I'm not surprised Gary Glitter is all over Twitter, after all Twitter is only 6 years old

Ha. Well as seen as we're robbing jokes from Twitter.....

"I can't imagine anything more sinister than getting an email saying 'Gary Glitter is now following you'.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yeah I saw that. It was apparently in the top 10 website in the world for traffic/bandwidth so it was inevitable. Plus look at the outrageous behaviour of the guy who ran it:
    http://jalopnik.com/5877749/megaupload-founder-claims-hes-mafia-guilty-and-god-on-his-license-plates
    http://thenextweb.com/insider/2012/01/20/10-mercedes-a-harley-108-inch-tvs-among-the-items-seized-from-megaupload/

If you've seen what's happened with the backlash from POPA & PIPA I would not be so sure that this is the beginning of the end.

I heard the other day that someone is planning a seperate internet using satelllites which is free from regulation.

http://www.element14.com/community/community/news/blog/2012/01/04/hackers-vie-to-create-a-new-internet-regulation-free-using-a-satellite

Zascar wrote: »
    I heard the other day that someone is planning a seperate internet using satelllites which is free from regulation.
    Until they start regulating it.

They'll never keep up

• Advertisement

Saw that Rankin thread and felt skitzo was a suitable new name for this thread...

All sorts of mixes and what not to be found here... probably mentioned before but first time I've had a wander around it anyway.

http://www.archive.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

All sorts of mixes and what not to be found here... probably mentioned before but first time I've had a wander around it anyway.

http://www.archive.org/

Ah Yes, i have downloaded many a book & movie from there, all in the public domain the works are on that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

So, I've been reading a bit on stuff relating to the former GDR of late. Not being from this part of the world my knowledge of European history is pretty poor.
    Anyway, while reading Anna Funder's excellent Stasiland http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasiland
    I came upon this:

The Lipsi - a dance created by committee to allow East German folks dance without any of that sexy hip gyrating stuff sweeping the west. Sad.

there you go :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Simon Cowell set to launch new TV talent show to 'find the world's greatest DJs'
    http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/61640

That's the death of the DJ right there so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I thought we already knew who the world's greatest DJ was?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

Zascar wrote: »
    Simon Cowell set to launch new TV talent show to 'find the world's greatest DJs'
    http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/61640

Playing Skrillex mixes of the latest has-been to appear on X-factor

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

lol it's gonna be so sh1te, although I'll probably end up watching it

I happened upon that Tallafornia on the telly last night. Mist Alchrighty, it was even worse than the trailer suggested it would be. I haven't seen such a high concentration of absolute twats since...well the previous night I was unfortunate enough to be in Diceys and Krystle so that kind of softens the impact of that analogy. Suffice to say, both nights had my wankerometer bouncing in the red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

If I had the money I'd buy this in an instant.
    Cant believe someone hasn't already.....sad really :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I'd say you'd lose weeks if you got the chance to root around in his collection. Hope he sells it to someone.

He's 100% right about the sound quality of vinyl v digital music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

A collection that size should probably go to a museum.

Was there a thread about that video before?

I seem to remember the general consensus being that a museum was the best place for the collection.

When you see the disgusting amount of money blown on a whim by "celebs" in Cribs and glossy magazines, you'd like to think somebody would invest in preserving that collection. Rather than handing over $50m and saying "now it's mine", I'd love to see some benefactor come along and maybe give the guy $5m to go live his remaining years in comfort/luxury with a few bob to pass on to the kids, and agree to maintain the collection in trust as the piece of history it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

It's such a clear example of value though. As in, it's only worth what someone else will pay for it. I feel very sorry for your man all the same.

Maybe we could club together and start
    a fund, $3 million isn't really that much ;)

I was reading Wiki about it the other day.
    Seems some idiot from these shores got his hopes
    up by making a fake winning bid on e-bay when they
    went up for sale a few years ago :mad:

I'd love to help the man though.
    Think I'll call into the credit union later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

^ anyone else try to read that as poetry? :p

I was thinking about games earlier that I used to play on my first computer which was the Amstrad C64 - looked them up on youtube and the memories came flooding back, Friday the 13th used to scare the sht out of me, the scream noise when someone was murdered still puts shivers through me!

They all look so dated now but I got hours of pleasure from them back then... funny to look at my kids these days playing the likes of Wii, PS3 and downloading games on my iPhone... technology sure has come on a tad!

Loved the Bruce Lee game too...

And also 'A View to a Kill'

• Advertisement

Chuckie Egg was a favourite for the Amstrad

International Karate for the C64

Speedball for the Amiga

Simpler times :)

Advertisement