Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Beware the Ides of March

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I'm very wary, very wary indeed.

5 weeks into the new job. No Facebook or YouTube access in work, and the use of headphone looks to be a non-runner. My music listening has taken a huge hit... I now have to select and source new music on my own time! The horror!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Jeasus Neal, that is shocking. These 'real jobs' aren't what they cracked up to be at all :p. I got a reality check in my new job - ok I can still look at any site I want - or listen to music - but it's the fact that I actually have so much work to do that I barely get the chance - that's the strange bit! I actually like it though, the days fly by!

Being busy and not having the time is alright - as you say the days fly, but I still have days (like today) where there isn't a whole lot to do, they're quite long without youtube and a set of headphones....

no facebook chat either.

First world problems eh.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Fck sake, getting these messages now daily from youtube, don't know why such a huge increase lately... presumably the ability to stick ads on the videos :(

For example...
    Dear Scubadevils,

Your video "µ-Ziq - Sick Porter", may have content that is owned or licensed by IODA, but it’s still available on YouTube! In some cases, ads may appear next to it.

This claim is not penalising your account status. Visit your Copyright Notices page for more details on the policy applied to your video.

Yours sincerely,
    - The YouTube Team

• Advertisement

joker77 wrote: »
    Being busy and not having the time is alright - as you say the days fly, but I still have days (like today) where there isn't a whole lot to do, they're quite long without youtube and a set of headphones....

no facebook chat either.

First world problems eh.
    No Facebook chat here either. No idea what's going on.
    Fck sake, getting these messages now daily from youtube, don't know why such a huge increase lately... presumably the ability to stick ads on the videos :(

For example...
    I even got one of these warnings for a video I uploaded of a diesel locomotive. It told me the audio track contained copyrighted material. Unless the sound of an EMD 12-710 engine is copyrighted material then it's wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Woke up with a massive hangover this morning, and needed a bit of cheering up after hearing the news about Muamba, and this gave me a few chuckles

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Obvious criticisms etc aside - this is a pretty cool story
    http://pandodaily.com/2012/03/19/how-coldcalling-deadmau5-on-twitter-earned-one-artist-his-big-break/
    P.S. Better off not watching the videos

Dilemma. There seems to be an increase lately in random labels posting tracks - one in particular. I've wondered whether to delete these or do people actually have an interest in such posts? Need to consider also the fact that there are times where active members post a new track so kinda have to think of one rule for all type thing... also with the (hopefully) new sub-forum due along soon should this actually allow posts from labels and producers who don't in any other way contribute?

Karsini wrote: »
    No Facebook chat here either. No idea what's going on.

I even got one of these warnings for a video I uploaded of a diesel locomotive. It told me the audio track contained copyrighted material. Unless the sound of an EMD 12-710 engine is copyrighted material then it's wrong.

Ha, interesting - there is huge amount of music being claimed by various entities on youtube at the moment, just goes to show how random it actually is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Dilemma. There seems to be an increase lately in random labels posting tracks - one in particular. I've wondered whether to delete these or do people actually have an interest in such posts? Need to consider also the fact that there are times where active members post a new track so kinda have to think of one rule for all type thing... also with the (hopefully) new sub-forum due along soon should this actually allow posts from labels and producers who don't in any other way contribute?

When someone posts a track and has something like this attached it's obviously a spammer and should be deleted.
    Copyright © 2012 Bedroomrecords09. All Rights Reserved.

Not having a go at that particular label but FFS, it's just labels spamming when they've offered nothing to the forum.

I actually never listen to a spammer thread like that, but if a regular poster sticks something up I'll at least have a listen out of courtesy.

What about a proper spammer/label thread to dump them all in?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    When someone posts a track and has something like this attached it's obviously a spammer and should be deleted.

Not having a go at that particular label but FFS, it's just labels spamming when they've offered nothing to the forum.

I actually never listen to a spammer thread like that, but if a regular poster sticks something up I'll at least have a listen out of courtesy.

What about a proper spammer/label thread to dump them all in?

Yeah I figured people most likely wouldn't be listening or paying attention to these posts but thought I'd ask. Reckon I'll delete them off anyway, maybe allow something in the sub-forum with conditions around them of some description, we may actually discover decent music too from labels posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

RTryegolf.jpg
    http://lookatmy****ingredtrousers.blogspot.co.uk/

Its been a while since Ive posted some random ****e on here.We need more time wasting crap to get the thread going again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Agreed. This thread isn't what it used to be.

Tic8N.gif

Watched Senna over the weekend. Amazing film

Yeah its brilliant. If you want something kinda along the same lines - yet fairly different, give this a look too:

Ian that 80mph one is class - I have everyone in my office watching it and laughing in disbelief....

Yeah, it's an unbelievable clip. I'd say she feckin battered him for sticking it up on the internets.

Watched Senna over the weekend. Amazing film

I've heard that from lots of people at this stage. I think it's on Sky Premier this week - i'll have to get the finger out and watch it.

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    Yeah its brilliant. If you want something kinda along the same lines - yet fairly different, give this a look too:

Ian that 80mph one is class - I have everyone in my office watching it and laughing in disbelief....
    Wouldn't be a fan of road racing on bikes, but the people that do it are nuts. I've got mates that'd be big into and the list of accidents is crazy.

When the Isle of Man TT is on don't they have a free for all day when anybody can go out for a few hours with no speed limits? Think it's called "Suicide Sunday" for obvious reasons. The rate of deaths at the highest level is also ridiculously high from what I remember. Track racing is a lot safer for obvious reasons.

Oddly enough, I only know of Guy Martin from watching a pretty nerdy documentary series on BBC about Victorian engineering. That doc seems worth a watch though.
    ianuss wrote: »
    I've heard that from lots of people at this stage. I think it's on Sky Premier this week - i'll have to get the finger out and watch it.
    I'd be a big F1 fan but too young to really remember the days of Senna, and only really got into it when I got older, so it was great to see all the older drivers back in the day. But even though I'm a a fan, the film stands up on it's own as a really compelling documentary. So it's definitely recommended.

Started reading 'The Doors of Perception' today by Huxley... I must say it would convince someone to try mescalin! Anyone ever indulged?

Started reading 'The Doors of Perception' today by Huxley... I must say it would convince someone to try mescalin! Anyone ever indulged?

Yeah I've done the odd bit of reading. It's over rated

Yeah I've done the odd bit of reading. It's over rated

I kinda figured as I hit 'submit reply' that a reply of this nature would be forthcoming! Now piss off and source me some bleedin mescalin!!!

Is the book any good? Didn't Jim Morrison use it as inspiration for the title for his little four piece that produced a couple of long play records?

Is the book any good? Didn't Jim Morrison use it as inspiration for the title for his little four piece that produced a couple of long play records?

Yeah I'm enjoying it, a short book, already half way through it. Some of what he describes sounds very like an acid trip in terms of things like a regular chair being considerably more interesting than people around you, etc!

Indeed yes, thats where Jim got his inspiration. Seemingly Huxley appears also on the cover of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Have actually never read that one, surprising as I'd a mate who was a major Doors fan as a teenager and had a rake of related books, that must have been one of them. Read 'Brave New World' by Huxley, that was a book ahead of it's time.

From what I know about Mescaline / peyote - most of it would have been from reading Carlos Castaneda - ever read any of his stuff?

Yea... would definitely make you want to give it a whirl alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I know nothing about any of these things

old gregg wrote: »
    I know nothing about any of these things
    One assumes your lack of knowledge wasn't garnered on these shores? (seeing you come from foreign and all)

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be a fan of road racing on bikes, but the people that do it are nuts. I've got mates that'd be big into and the list of accidents is crazy.

When the Isle of Man TT is on don't they have a free for all day when anybody can go out for a few hours with no speed limits? Think it's called "Suicide Sunday" for obvious reasons. The rate of deaths at the highest level is also ridiculously high from what I remember. Track racing is a lot safer for obvious reasons.

Yeah it's called Mad Sunday. I was over last year but I never got to ride the mountain road at all because the track was closed for most of the day. It was cracking sunshine which always makes people go a bit barmy. They open the course, 20 minutes later and someone crashes, so the close the track for a few hours. When it opens back up - the same happens again soon after. Very sad. The thing is very little gets reported on it. Several people die every year without fail - both racers and normal punters, but its such tradition on the island - most people would go bananas if they tried to ban it. I know that sounds nuts as people are dying year after year, but its of their own accord - and in one way it's nice that the PC brigade do not get their way. I would not have the balls to go flat out on a course like that, but the people that do know that one mistake and they are dead.

Ok not quite as suicidal but this guy still eats rocks for breakfast.

Advertisement