Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

joker77 wrote: »
    For you, or the unwashed?

Well I am the unwashed. But it's one of those things were there's just nothing you or I can do about it. Yeah, life's unfair, but that's just the way it is. We're lucky enough to have been born where we were. Enjoy it while it lasts - and then die.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

ianuss wrote: »
    I guess that's one of those gags that only works face-to-face......'hypothetically speaking'. Nothing funnier than a moron trying to use a big word and getting it all muddled up.

I was assuming it was a spellcheck fail :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

BaZmO* wrote: »
    What about the morality of police auctions?

I seriously doubt that the taxi driver just conveniently "found" the phone after the guy jumped the cab. Sounds too convenient to me.

Funny story about that. A mate of one of the lads I work with left his iPhone in a taxi after a night out. He tried to ring it but it either kept ringing out or the call was rejected. Luckily enough he had that "find your phone" app on it so he tracked it down to a taxi rank. So himself and a few mates were sitting in their car and waiting until a taxi moved off (to make sure it was the right guy to approach), and then followed the guy and waited for him to stop.
    They went up to him and asked him for his phone back. He said he didn't know what they were talking about, so they rang the phone and they could hear it ringing in the glovebox. Cue the taxi driver trying to explain himself, saying "oh, that phone? Yeah I was on my way to the police station to hand that in....yadda, yadda, yadda!!" :D
    Police auctions are fair game no? I mean - if you sh*t is stolen and recovered, if there's nothing identifiable on it that the Gardai can use to get in touch it's up to you to go and claim it?

Yea, a likely story about the 'phone just left in cab and fare dodger'

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I was giving Sean's story the benefit of the doubt. If I was in a cab and a clearly dodgy taxi driver offered me what seemed to be a stolen phone - saying it 'might' be blacklisted, no I would not buy it.

Well I am the unwashed. But it's one of those things were there's just nothing you or I can do about it. Yeah, life's unfair, but that's just the way it is. We're lucky enough to have been born where we were. Enjoy it while it lasts - and then die.
    Well that's where I suppose I'm not really sure about.

If enough people gave enough of a fúck, things would change. Am I hopeful this would be the case, no.

Everyone wants to be seen to be ethical - fúcking awareness campaigns on facebook/twitter, lip service, charity events, but ask them to change their buying habits? Oh no.

• Advertisement

I read this last week and it was a real reminder of just how lucky you are to be born where you're born. It's a bit long but it's well worth the read if you can spare 20 mins or so.

edit; forgot the damn link https://apps.facebook.com/theguardian/books/2012/mar/16/escape-north-korea-prison-camp

Zascar wrote: »
    I was giving Sean's story the benefit of the doubt. If I was in a cab and a clearly dodgy taxi driver offered me what seemed to be a stolen phone - saying it 'might' be blacklisted, no I would not buy it.
    ha, benefit of the doubt me hole! Chose to believe more like :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Ian I think you missed the link in that post?

There is a great comedy sketch, I think its by Jim Jeffries, where he take the p1ss out of the fact that whether you get to go to heaven or not is almost entirely dependant on where you are born. Anyone know it? Post the link if you can it's very good..

Well that's where I suppose I'm not really sure about.

If enough people gave enough of a fúck, things would change. Am I hopeful this would be the case, no.

Dunno about that - I don't think there's any way that any group of people could change the financial system. The inequality is inherent in capitalism and if a global financial crisis doesn't bring it down, a bunch of ethical consumers can't do shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

• Advertisement

Ian I think you missed the link in that post?

There is a great comedy sketch, I think its by Jim Jeffries, where he take the p1ss out of the fact that whether you get to go to heaven or not is almost entirely dependant on where you are born. Anyone know it? Post the link if you can it's very good..

I know that clip alright. Probably one of these two. And even if it's not, they'll give you a laugh either way

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Police auctions are fair game no? I mean - if you sh*t is stolen and recovered, if there's nothing identifiable on it that the Gardai can use to get in touch it's up to you to go and claim it?
    I don’t really care about them personally, but morally is there not a problem from profiting from somebody’s misfortune? I suppose it’s dependent on who gets the money. Who actually does get the money?

Everyone wants to be seen to be ethical - fúcking awareness campaigns on facebook/twitter, lip service, charity events, but ask them to change their buying habits? Oh no.
    That’s the problem though, nobody can be truly ethical, not unless you isolate yourself from the rest of the world and just live off the land. Every product has some form of unethical association depending on your viewpoint. It’s like vegetarians saying meat is murder. It’s extremely difficult to be 100% vegetarian. Hairspray, Shaving Gel, even Guinness contains animal products.

Dunno about that - I don't think there's any way that any group of people could change the financial system. The inequality is inherent in capitalism and if a global financial crisis doesn't bring it down, a bunch of ethical consumers can't do shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
    Yea I suppose. Depressing isn't it.

Work. Consume. Die.

I don’t really care about them personally, but morally is there not a problem from profiting from somebody’s misfortune? I suppose it’s dependent on who gets the money. Who actually does get the money?
    One would assume the money goes back into the exchequer?

Edit: Is that a naive assumption?

Edit 2: Apparently not a naive assumption:
    http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2012/03/13/00301.asp

Can't watch it in work but is that the one about the cheaper sneakers? Gas if it is.

All I get is a white box for youtube clips in work. It makes me cry a little inside, it's like a private joke I'm not in on.

One would assume the money goes back into the exchequer?

Edit: Is that a naive assumption?

Edit 2: Apparently not a naive assumption:
    http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2012/03/13/00301.asp

It doesn't say what is done with the money, it's only a record of the question being asked...
    if he will detail whether these moneys are returned to the Exchequer or retained by An Garda Síochána within its own budget

All I get is a white box for youtube clips in work. It makes me cry a little inside, it's like a private joke I'm not in on.
    That used to happen in my old job but you could get around it by some other sites that mask the youtube site address. Pain in the hole though, especially if anything was embedded.

I'm guessing here, but I always assumed it was a charity.

Can't watch it in work but is that the one about the cheaper sneakers? Gas if it is.

Aye, the little slave kids making the cheaper sneakers

• Advertisement

I'm guessing here, but I always assumed it was a charity.

Morally that'd be ok so

You mean you can't see this video about how much I admire you?

Gee, that's sad…

You mean you can't see this video about how much I admire you?

Gee, that's sad…
    right back at ya fun boy

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056591756

Take a look at this. Bill O'Reilly really is a world class tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

ha, benefit of the doubt me hole! Chose to believe more like :D
    Sorry lads totally forgot about this thread.just to clear it up the cabbie is late 50's and is a total technophobe and hasn't a clue about phones.he wanted 50 quid for it.he's a genuine fella,so I believe his story.either way I wanted to find out if its possible to unlock a blacklisted phone.
    I already have a smart phone so i'm not really trying to attain something out of my reach financially.i was presented with the offer and was trying to find out if it was worth my while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

That's gas

5.jpg

Total dikkhead.

A bit long but an interesting article on making top 40 hits.
    http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/03/26/120326fa_fact_seabrook?currentPage=1

• Advertisement

A bit long but an interesting article on making top 40 hits.
    http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/03/26/120326fa_fact_seabrook?currentPage=1

Advertisement