Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Speaking of Google, I love the Google doodle today. Proper Oldskool! :D

Doesn't work on my version of firefox… I'm really kicking it oldskool in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Haha, what did I tell you. The decline of Facebook begins......
    Facebook and banks behind flotation face lawsuit

Facebook, its founder Mark Zuckerberg, and the banks leading its flotation are being sued by disgruntled shareholders.

A writ, filed in a Manhattan court, alleges that Facebook's revised growth figures were not disclosed to all investors.

US financial regulators have already said the Morgan Stanley may have questions to answer over the disclosure of information ahead of Friday's float.

The bank, lead underwriter to Facebook, said it fully complied with the rules.

The lawsuit claims that defendants concealed from investors during the flotation marketing process "a severe and pronounced reduction" in revenue growth forecasts.
    link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Haha, what did I tell you. The decline of Facebook begins......

link

It's more Morgan Stanley that's in the sh1t here http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/05/22/facebook-i-p-o-raises-regulatory-concerns/?hp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

joker77 wrote: »
    They're nearly there with Chrome linked to Google account.

It's not going to be G+ though, that died 6 months ago. It'll have to be their next stab at it. But I don't think they need to do something like they did before - as in try to recreate Facebook. People don't want that. The next platform doesn't have to be Facebook v2

the next platform is going to be mobile, and in fairness it's very hard to see what any social network can potentially bring to the table that twitter and an image upload account (like instagram, which is the number one reason zuckerberg paid a billion for it) can't already achieve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

The joys of being Luka Rocco Magnotta and on the run
    It's not cool to the world being a necrophiliac. It's bloody lonely.

but wait, there's more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Bloody hell! Between that, the lunatic in Miami eating your mans face and that English couple torching their kids, it's been a crazy week for sick news.

Some one should tell him that's not what people mean by getting a stiffy…

• Advertisement

Jubilee celebrations in Waterford are kicking off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

First year of medical school done. 3 to go. there's a terrifying thought for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

An old lady was very upset as her husband Albert had just passed away. She went to the undertakers to have one last look at her dearly departed husband. The instant she saw him she started crying. The mortician walked over to comfort her. Through her tears she explained that she was upset because her dearest Albert was wearing a black suit, and it was his fervent wish to be buried in a blue suit.
    The mortician apologized and explained that traditionally they always put bodies in a black suit, but he'd see what he could arrange.
    The next day she returned to the funeral parlor to have one last moment with Albert before the funeral the following day.
    When the mortician pulled back the curtain, she managed a smile through her tears as Albert was resplendent in a smart blue suit. She said to the mortician, "Wonderful, wonderful, but where did you get that beautiful suit?"
    "Well, yesterday afternoon after you left, a man about your husband's size was brought in and he was wearing a blue suit," the mortician replied. "His wife was quite upset because she wanted him buried in the traditional black suit."
    Albert's wife smiled at the undertaker.
    "After that," he continued, "it was just a matter of swapping the heads."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

From YLYL

NG09t.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Tumbleweed around here of late... I'm busier than I've ever been with work and other assorted shiite. What about everyone else? Can't be arsed?

Tumbleweed around here of late... I'm busier than I've ever been with work and other assorted shiite. What about everyone else? Can't be arsed?

Up to me eyes too,have an extra responsibility with a new Thai/Japanese restaurant my wife and i opened 6 months ago.
    but yeah....not sure where everyone is gone??

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

No way cool! Fair play. Where is it? Maybe we'll all come in for a big slap up meal before the next boards night out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I've tried poking around here now and again, but haven't found the right topic to give it a bit of traction! I've no facebook access in work, so I'm on boards quite a bit...

• Advertisement

T'is a bit of a pity but I suppose a lot of it has gone to facebook. It's a bit of a shame because I've met a lot of good people through this, I probably was hanging around on it at the right time. I think a bit of the problem is that inevitably the threads tend to end up being nothing more than a series of youtube links - nobody's fault, it's just the nature of the beast but it means that nobody is really chatting at all.

New Alan Partridge anybody?

Oh and congrats on the new venture Paddy! Where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Even the FB chat is gone to cock now. You can't see who, if anyone, is logged in to the group any more.

Careful now lads, you're running the risk of getting this conversation moved to the Oldskool thread with all yer pining for the good ol days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I miss the days where somebody would say something retarded every few days. The world needs retards.......discuss.

Haha.

"You shoot sh1t in your own house" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Flula is the funniest thing in a while. I've two German nieces, and they can out with that kind of stuff all the time, they just think so differently to us. Now I know the flula persona is probably an act, but it does tickle me.

milltown wrote: »
    Even the FB chat is gone to cock now. You can't see who, if anyone, is logged in to the group any more.

The google + group is the place to be these days. we all get naked and chat about techno and fisting on webcam.

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    No way cool! Fair play. Where is it? Maybe we'll all come in for a big slap up meal before the next boards night out! :D

Oh and congrats on the new venture Paddy! Where is it?

It's in Meath. Small place with 20 seats, we do delivery\takeaway. Took it over in December and it's going great. I'll pm you the menu if you like?

Advertisement