Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yeah do! I love Thai & Japanese food. I might just pop in one day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

joker77 wrote: »
    Flula is the funniest thing in a while. I've two German nieces, and they can out with that kind of stuff all the time, they just think so differently to us. Now I know the flula persona is probably an act, but it does tickle me.

It surely is an act but it is done in such a drool manner that it's genius

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Up to me eyes too,have an extra responsibility with a new Thai/Japanese restaurant my wife and i opened 6 months ago.
    but yeah....not sure where everyone is gone??

Excellent stuff man, best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

It's in Meath. Small place with 20 seats, we do delivery\takeaway. Took it over in December and it's going great. I'll pm you the menu if you like?

Any discounts for boardsies? :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

This is pretty interesting

Full version available on youtube

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Probably been talked about to death but what do people think about legalising drugs? Can you ever see a time when weed/pills/coke etc etc are legal in Ireland?

I flit between an immediate total decriminalisation of all drugs and a phased decriminalisation - start with weed and see what happens. I'm a firm believer that it's a personal choice and as long as you're not harming anyone else you should be able to do whatever you want to your own body.

There certainly needs to be some sort of change to the current government policy of bury the heads in the sand and hope it all goes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

No, I can't ever seeing any of that stuff being legalised in my lifetime. That whole head shop stuff had the Joe Duffy brigade out in force and goes to show that it's a complete non-runner. It doesn't matter how safe drugs are either. Facts and figures relating to drugs are meaningless once you have a load thick kunts up in arms over something they know fukc all about.

Tbh, I'd be an advocate for banning alcohol. The hypocrisy regarding alcohol consumption in this country and drug abuse winds me right up. The same people who lecture on drug abuse are drug abusers themselves, they're just ignorant to the fact. Alcohol is socially acceptable but it's more harmful than weed, pills, LSD, speed and a few more I'm sure. If alcohol was invented tomorrow it would be illegal. I absolutely believe that.

This a great little podcast from someone speaking absolute sense with regards to drugs and drug policy. His views cost him his job so that tells you all you need to know about the likelihood of any change of policy on the horizon.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/audio/2012/jul/02/science-weekly-podcast-david-nutt-drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

ianuss wrote: »
    No, I can't ever seeing any of that stuff being legalised in my lifetime. That whole head shop stuff had the Joe Duffy brigade out in force and goes to show that it's a complete non-runner. It doesn't matter how safe drugs are either. Facts and figures relating to drugs are meaningless once you have a load thick kunts up in arms over something they know fukc all about.

Tbh, I'd be an advocate for banning alcohol. The hypocrisy regarding alcohol consumption in this country and drug abuse winds me right up. The same people who lecture on drug abuse are drug abusers themselves, they're just ignorant to the fact. Alcohol is socially acceptable but it's more harmful than weed, pills, LSD, speed and a few more I'm sure. If alcohol was invented tomorrow it would be illegal. I absolutely believe that.

This a great little podcast from someone speaking absolute sense with regards to drugs and drug policy. His views cost him his job so that tells you all you need to know about the likelihood of any change of policy on the horizon.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/audio/2012/jul/02/science-weekly-podcast-david-nutt-drugs
    Surely to god though most people in there thirties or younger are alot more educated about the "dangers" of recreational drug use.
    These will be the people who will one day be running the country and preaching to a country that is more accepting to suggestions such as legalising weed.

I can see it happening,maybe not for the likes of heroine but weed definetly.
    I'd be very surprised if most people under 30 haven't tried weed and as a result dont believe the bull****.

seannash wrote: »
    Surely to god though most people in there thirties or younger are alot more educated about the "dangers" of recreational drug use.
    These will be the people who will one day be running the country and preaching to a country that is more accepting to suggestions such as legalising weed.

I can see it happening,maybe not for the likes of heroine but weed definetly.
    I'd be very surprised if most people under 30 haven't tried weed and as a result dont believe the bull****.

Look at the likes of Youth Defence. There are hysterical tools around no matter what the age and no rational argument will persuade them their stance is wrong. Unfortunately they become the vocal minority that block out any other argument with their noise. Also the other problem is that people tend to view suspiciously the people who advocate a pro-drugs message.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

the whole legalising drugs idea is a minefield of bullsh1t from both sides.

The whole head shop thing was an accidental experiment in drug legalisation. I bought loads of shtuff there, had a great time, and no health ill-effects came because of it.
    However, I saw junkies queued up at the doors screaming, and there was quite a few people out there who developed serious drug abuse problems as a direct result of the shops.

And I hate to admit it, but there are a considerable amount of people in our society who will genuinely think 'if it's legal, then it's safe'. For people like me and most of the people i know, drug legalisation would cause no significant problems. For society in general, I'm not so sure.

• Advertisement

ianuss wrote: »

Ordered his book earlier this week. Looks like an interesting read.

http://www.bookshop.kennys.ie/book/UK/9781906860165/Drugs__Without_the_Hot_Air

The worst part about the head shop shíte was everything was going well when they were selling mushrooms. Had they not been banned, I don't think it would have gotten as out of control as it did. Don't know how anyone could get addicted to any of the other shíte they were selling. Most times I took anything from them I was in bits for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Legalise it all, let the chips fall where they may

Or ban the f*ck out of alcohol and cigarettes, the hyprocrisy is infuriating.

Richard Branson seems to be a big advocate for ending the war on drugs.

http://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/blog/decriminalising-drug-possession

It will be interesting to see what comes out of the UK's current re-think of their policy towards drugs.

Clanket wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what comes out of the UK's current re-think of their policy towards drugs.

Wouldn't exactly get your hopes up considering David Nutt was, on paper, THE most qualified person to talk about drugs, and when he came back with results they didn't like, they sacked him.

Very true. Though he was sacked during the Gordon Brown era so maybe Cameron might be a bit more progressive

Very true. Though he was sacked during the Gordon Brown era so maybe Cameron might be a bit more progressive

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Progressive Conservatives

I doubt they initiated a review of drug policy just for the sake of it.

I doubt they initiated a review of drug policy just for the sake of it.

they had the bright idea of 'hey let's end the debate on drug class/schedules by getting the nation's best neuropsychopharmacologist with specialties in addiction to present the evidence on all drugs legal and illegal to the parliament'.

of course, the evidence came back so much at odds with what the laws said that they would have had to admit that everything, from the widespread availability of alcohol, to the treatment of hallucinogens as class As, was completely and utterly nonsensical and not based on concern for the individual or society by any stretch of the imagination....

Here were the results, that, by the way, are not some fringe doctor's mad rantings. This is very very very much the medical consensus, and has been for a very very long time.....

380px-Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_(mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence).svg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Anabolic steroids ricochet off the side, onto Barbiturates, onto Cocaine, Heroin into the corner pocket, simple shot, game over, audience go wild, old gregg gets to keep the coke and a few pills, chicks all over him like a cheap suit, result. I love drugs when they work like that.

• Advertisement

old gregg wrote: »
    Anabolic steroids ricochet off the side, onto Barbiturates, onto Cocaine, Heroin into the corner pocket, simple shot, game over, audience go wild, old gregg gets to keep the coke and a few pills, chicks all over him like a cheap suit, result. I love drugs when they work like that.

Old gregg won the internet with that...

Any interesting blogs to recommend?

Not necessarily music related

not even clicking that.

Are you that Bored in work Neil?? :)

You'll love it. You find out all about the exciting world of 50 Shades. Like the fact that Emma Watson is tipped to star in the film or that Luna Beads come in two sizes - normal size for people over 30 who have had children and mini for people under 30 who haven't experienced childbirth. Fascinating stuff!

Zascar wrote: »
    Are you that Bored in work Neil?? :)
    major Tour de France withdrawal

If anyone is into software development, this blog is always great, latest entry is exceptional
    http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2012/07/new-programming-jargon.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

You might already know this one;

http://www.coffeeandcrosswinds.blogspot.ie/

The blogs I would regularly read would be Irish (mostly) finance/economics/politics blogs. That and football/Arsenal blogs. Seeing as they're unlikely to interest too many people I'll not bother posting them.

Ah you'll have the Olympics soon enough!

Can you not spend your time hacking up some software to give us all cheaper flights or something??? ;)

• Advertisement

My days of cutting code are gone. Middle management ftw

Advertisement