Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Just bought a Novation Launchpad. Waiting on deliveries from Thomann is so much better than Christmas.

I'm gonna use it mostly for Ableton, but I'm really looking forward to messing around with mapping it for Traktor. Could be really interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Oh great, they're auto-tuning the ****ing x-factor now.

Sounds like the "flanger" effect.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I really dont have time to read all this right now as i am under some serious pressure here at the minute & have to lleg it in the next 5 mins but i will get to next time i amm back at the PC & give it a full read through, however i will leave with this to digest.

"Survey of aspartame studies...(snip)

Its amazing the crap thats put into 'food' for the apparent good of health which is clearly actually for the good of lining an industries pocket. After reading the above I had a further look around online and bloody shocked as to how many foods aspartame is contained in... one frequent for me had been Extra Chewing gum, won't be going near that anymore.

A book well worth reading for anyone interested is 'In Defense of Food' by Michael Pollan - the following link covers a lot of what's in the book...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/28/magazine/28nutritionism.t.html

There is a lot of common sense stuff in the book that is obviously less obvious for his US audience but the basic rules for what you should/shouldn't eat are pretty essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'd imagine that the missus ain't too happy with a big malowgen box made out of mdf in the sitting room though?

Any pics of your fantabulor spectaculoso diy home cinema projector? :)

Heres what i salvaged from my drunken photos.......camera aint to great at taking pics in dark so you dont get a great representation of what it is like when you are sitting in front of it with the stereo up a good whack,

First Pic is title screen from Matrix with a little ambient light in the room from lamp on in corner behind me,

Second pic is a pic of my mate in front of screen when all lights are off & film is set to show at 16:9 ratio like cinema utilising more or less the full width of my screen (82" or 6.8 foot)

Third pic is my 'Malowgen' projector as you so eloquently put it with diagrams highlighting where parts are inside box, the light source would coincidentally be roughly where the glass of wine is in the pic. Screen is two sheets of a matt enough PVC i got from work so image quality could be improved further with blackout cloth but these are easily rolled up with no damage to them which is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fairplay, it looks great. Just as well you can store it away while not in use cos I'd say the WAF ain't great on that one. :D

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Fairplay, it looks great. Just as well you can store it away while not in use cos I'd say the WAF ain't great on that one. :D

I tried to get a few of avatar but the wine had the better of me & only really one came out decent, it is a dark scene from the film when they are escaping on the helicopter,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Anyone here play Mafia Wars on iPhone ??
    Add me if you do :) 0403 0943 16

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

best thread title i've ever seen on the main page of boards

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056007943

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Anyone here play Mafia Wars on iPhone ??
    Add me if you do :) 0403 0943 16

Jesus, I played this game almost regilously from the moment I got the iPhone before Christmas until about 3 weeks ago when I had to tear myself away from it. It's incredibly addictive - literally, I checked it before I got into bed, and when I woke up in the morning! I'm glad I've given it up now though it wasn't easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

SuprSi wrote: »
    Jesus, I played this game almost regilously from the moment I got the iPhone before Christmas until about 3 weeks ago when I had to tear myself away from it. It's incredibly addictive - literally, I checked it before I got into bed, and when I woke up in the morning! I'm glad I've given it up now though it wasn't easy!
    Only starting now, seems quite addictive indeed :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ok lads own up, which one of you is behind this?
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056010766

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Oh great, they're auto-tuning the ****ing x-factor now.

On a related note, I stumbled across these guys today:

Some of their clips are very funny. News clips auto tuned and set to music.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

decent enough free meat katie track on soundcloud

http://soundcloud.com/meat-katie/collins-behnam-king-of-bubbles-meat-katie-remix-suara-records

nothing spectac but might do as a filler for a few people

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys does anyone use an Android phone? I was about to get the iPhone 4 but played with a HTC desire yesterday and within a few minutes I was pretty much sold on it.

This is especially cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah I ordered the iPhone 4 on Friday and due to pick it up tomorrow... wondering also if the HTC would be a better move!

I am so so impressed with Android. Can't wait to get it.
    Some video's here: http://www.youtube.com/user/androiddevelopers#p/c/8D19D01A9F4AA199/0/rcPIvGRwrxA

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

No idea how you like 2 and a half men. Awful, awful, awful. Been meaning to watch breaking bad and will soon. I recommend the corner (from the guys behind the wire), eastbound and down and the inbetweeners. My two cents.

Looks like me and my whole 16 piece band all got free tickets to EP last night...Stayed in the dressing rooms in Crawdaddy until 5am singing and making a ridiculous amount of noise celebrating. Brilliant.

Here's one for all the vinyl lovers.

A company that presses your ashes into a vinyl when you die. Wierd.

http://www.andvinyly.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    No idea how you like 2 and a half men. Awful, awful, awful. Been meaning to watch breaking bad and will soon. I recommend the corner (from the guys behind the wire), eastbound and down and the inbetweeners. My two cents.

eastbound and down is probably my favourite comedy of the past few years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Looks like me and my whole 16 piece band all got free tickets to EP last night...Stayed in the dressing rooms in Crawdaddy until 5am singing and making a ridiculous amount of noise celebrating. Brilliant.
    515 gave free tickets to a few the lads I know as well. That's some serious savings...****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

jtsuited wrote: »
    eastbound and down is probably my favourite comedy of the past few years.

You should check out It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Classic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Every once in a while I see something like this and I realise just how amazing the internet is...........

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

That was painful to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

We really got to know him alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭YOP1992

cant seem to find it but somewhere is this thread a couple of you guys were looking for laptop stands, i'm ordering stuff from thomann in the next week and im stuck on 190(already have a stand in there) so if anybody wants me to throw one in for them i could do it, only prob is that i live in mullingar so maybe you wouldnt be willing to collect

YOP1992 wrote: »
    cant seem to find it but somewhere is this thread a couple of you guys were looking for laptop stands, i'm ordering stuff from thomann in the next week and im stuck on 190(already have a stand in there) so if anybody wants me to throw one in for them i could do it, only prob is that i live in mullingar so maybe you wouldnt be willing to collect

Sure just throw in a few spare cables, always good to have them, and they're a rip off in Maplins.

I have to say this made me laugh this morning when i heard it, dont show up late for gigs lads:D

http://www.gigwise.com/news/58179/Guns-N-Roses-Bottled-Off-Stage-At-Dublin-Gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I have to say this made me laugh this morning when i heard it, dont show up late for gigs lads:D

http://www.gigwise.com/news/58179/Guns-N-Roses-Bottled-Off-Stage-At-Dublin-Gig
    goes to show how lucky we are in this musical patch, you'd never see Tiesto show up late and piss the fans off :D

Advertisement