Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Really interesting debate lads, unfortunately I'm too busy in work to get too involved, but here's an example of what's wrong with this country.

Sean Quinn’s Local GAA Club Writes
    Screen-Shot-2012-07-24-at-09.07.12.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

I saw that yesterday. It's pathetic, but you'll get that quite a lot with regards to the Quinn's.

Tbf, they created an enormous amount of jobs but you can't use that to get away with criminal behaviour. Unless you're Denis O'Brien of course - then you can do what you want. They'll even invite you to dinner at The White House on Paddy's Day and they'll let you ring the opening bell at the NYSE. They'll also seat you in the second row (just behind the govt.) in the Global Irish Economic Forum.

Or if you're Jim Flavin you can get away with insider trading. This is despite a civil court finding you guilty. And even when the same court orders you to repay any profits from the deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Really interesting debate lads, unfortunately I'm too busy in work to get too involved, but here's an example of what's wrong with this country.

Sean Quinn’s Local GAA Club Writes
    Screen-Shot-2012-07-24-at-09.07.12.png

When I read it I was reminded of this travesty a couple of years ago:

http://www.herald.ie/news/i-was-right-to-shake-the-hand-of-jailed-sex-fiend-says-priest-1979286.html

It seems you can do anything you want in this country as long as you come across as a 'daycent fellah'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

ianuss wrote: »
    I'm in danger of sounding like a conspiracy theorist here, but the people are kept in a general state of ignorance and are fed just enough crumbs to keep them from revolting.
    I don't think that's the stuff of conspiracy theory, more like a realistic appraisal of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

There's not going to be a revolution though, unless things get a whole lot worse. For all the corruption and scandal, we have it fairly handy in this part of the world at the moment.

• Advertisement

Can someone please tell me how to remove Text Enhance from my browser. I sue Chrome and it's wrecking my head! I'm normally quite good at not letting these things get in but somehow it has.

I've tried all the tips I've found on Google but to no avail. :(

Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

What is Text Enhance? Just googled and seems to be malware?

What does it do?

Clanket wrote: »
    What is Text Enhance? Just googled and seems to be malware?

What does it do?

It seems to be Malware alright, but doesn't "seem" to be that malicious. It just creates a hyperlink to random words on webpages.

I've searched for extensions within Chrome, but nothing there, and I've run a scan for Malware but it didn't pick up anything.

Did you read this http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/wBCbBP4N_u4

I'd try Spybot Search and Destroy

I know it's not new but he's an interesting guy to listen to

• Advertisement

Did you read this http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/wBCbBP4N_u4

I'd try Spybot Search and Destroy

Arggghhh!! I tried that and it found a load of tracking cookies and I removed them and it still hasn't fixed it. Stupid bleedin computers!

Arggghhh!! I tried that and it found a load of tracking cookies and I removed them and it still hasn't fixed it. Stupid bleedin computers!

It's probably a little extreme, but I restored my laptop to factory settings the other day and Chrome is fine now

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Post 22, Leggo uses the Term EDM

It's probably a little extreme, but I restored my laptop to factory settings the other day and Chrome is fine now
    Just a tad extreme. I have it on another full Microsoft scan now. If that doesn't work I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome and if that doesn't work I'll just do a system restore to a couple of weeks ago. That normally works.

Zascar wrote: »
    Post 22, Leggo uses the Term EDM

Looks like he found his own little niche with the pondlife in Afterhours.

Just a tad extreme. I have it on another full Microsoft scan now. If that doesn't work I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome and if that doesn't work I'll just do a system restore to a couple of weeks ago. That normally works.

I tend to do it once a year and the laptop has two partitions so it's not as bad as it sounds. I just find that performance seems to drop drastically as the months go by.

I just find that performance seems to drop drastically as the months go by.

Happens to the best of us

Marley Park gigs have got their licence. Guetta's gonna be a gravy train for the boys in blue.

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/07/25/licence-for-marlay-park-concerts-subject-to-53-conditions/

In the comments under Eoin Smyth's post there's a story about a car going on fire during the Bruce Springstein gig. Gas

In the comments under Eoin Smyth's post there's a story about a car going on fire during the Bruce Springstein gig. Gas
    No, I think it was Petrol.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna order a load of knives from China and try and sell them outside.

I'm going to set up a stall doing hair tattoos.

I'm going to set up a stall doing hair tattoos.

echo echo echo

echo echo echo

Hater…

Hater…

Hater

Even the Central Bank and IFSRA are dirty. They knew about the ponzi scheme being run by the Custom House Capital gang and did nothing. They fleeced people out of their life savings and nothing happened. Nothing?! You could do worse things than read this http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=39520 . If it wasn't so tragic it would be hilarious.

Just read that. Fúcking hell. Is it not possible to take a case against both the Central Bank and KPMG for complete incompetence?

The conflict of interest re: KPMG being hired to investigate and coming up with nothing (when it was obvious there was an issue) and then being appointed liquidator is just astounding.

The thread hasn't been updated since March, what's going on with it at the moment? Will this ever make it to the DPP?

Just read that. Fúcking hell. Is it not possible to take a case against both the Central Bank and KPMG for complete incompetence?

The conflict of interest re: KPMG being hired to investigate and coming up with nothing (when it was obvious there was an issue) and then being appointed liquidator is just astounding.

The thread hasn't been updated since March, what's going on with it at the moment? Will this ever make it to the DPP?

There hasn't been any movement and I doubt anything will ever get done tbh. The story has more or less been buried and almost completely ignored by the media. For a supposed modern liberal democracy it's an absolutely appalling situation. But in Ireland, there is just no appetite at senior level in any branch of government to do anything about these things.

There is no professional body supervising liquidations which means anyone can be one. It's completely a unregulated industry. And audit firms are allowed to provide a vast array of non-audit services to their clients. All of the Big 4 audit firms have failed miserably in their duties in one way or another IMO. And they all still gobble up the juicy state contracts when they're dished out. It's just a great big shakedown. I have to say, I'm very surprise that one of these firms hasn't been sued yet. Whilst they're not hired to prevent fraud, they are paid to be competent. There appears to be some pretty clear failure in relation to their professional duties.

The Jim Flavin/DCC case for me is maybe the worst of all. He was found guilty in a civil court and made repay his illegal gains from selling shares based upon some price sensitive information he had. So he paid paid back what he made from the deal. And the DPP did nothing. Never even opened a case. And insider trading carries a potential 10 year jail sentence and €10m in fines. It was a real litmus test for modern Ireland. Unless we start making scapegoats of these people nothing will ever change.

Sure all Mick Wallace had to do was say he'd donate half his TD's salary to pay off some of his VAT bill. What sort of message does this send out?!

• Advertisement

And like I said earlier, I haven't even mentioned Denis O'Brien. A man whose name should be absolute mud after the findings in the tribunal. And if Siteserv gets awarded the contract for fitting water meters there should probably be another tribunal.

There's also the scandals involving World Spreads, the Irish spread betting company where it would appear (allegedly) some directors stole client monies. Similar happened a few weeks ago at Bloxham Stock Brokers and it was wound up after its reserves were found to have been overstated for years.

It's going to be interesting to see what pans as a result of all these scandals. Not that I'll be holding my breath or anything.

And remember, these are all very, very recent cases. The further you go back, the worse it gets.

Advertisement