Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

There's a bit of kerfuffle about NBC not broadcasting the 7 July tribute part of the ceremony because it wasn't 'tailored for America audiences'

http://www.metro.co.uk/olympics/906659-opening-ceremony-choreographer-horrified-7-7-tribute-cut-by-nbc

Yeah read that. Imagine the hooha if the British done something similar for a 911 tribute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I recorded it but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Been watching The Good Wife with the missus so that's been taking precedence.

It sounds quality. Dark and Long is without a doubt one of my favourite tracks ever.

Christ what's with the spell checker in Boards. Telling me favourite is spelled wrong? We're Irish not fúcking American.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Is there a thread anywhere around here for compilation recommendations? Berghain, Fabric, !K7, Balance etc.. ?

Is there a thread anywhere around here for compilation recommendations? Berghain, Fabric, !K7, Balance etc.. ?

Like a youtube thread? A youtube thread for compilations? Now there's an idea....

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Like a youtube thread? A youtube thread for compilations? Now there's an idea....

Haha, I need new compilations for the train badly! How do you expect me to find them without the conveince of a youtube thread :D

• Advertisement

Where's Is Mise these days? He hasn't posted in here in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Haha, I need new compilations for the train badly! How do you expect me to find them without the conveince of a youtube thread :D

Compilation Shmopilation. Train journeys are made for podcasts. Resident Advisor, Little White Earbuds, XLR8R.....fill your boots.

Clanket wrote: »
    Where's Is Mise these days? He hasn't posted in here in ages

Organising health and safety for the revolution.

right fúckos....since we're here - anyone into standup? The last year and a half I've got into it big time.

Here are my current standup heroes....

Jim Jefferies, Doug Stanhope, Joe Rogan, Louis CK, David Cross.
    Anyone with suggestions?

Frankie Boyle is great on Twitter. He just doesn't give a fúck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

jtsuited wrote: »
    right fúckos....since we're here - anyone into standup? The last year and a half I've got into it big time.

Here are my current standup heroes....

Jim Jefferies, Doug Stanhope, Joe Rogan, Louis CK, David Cross.
    Anyone with suggestions?
    Our own Dylan Moran can be quite good

Richard Pryor

as a stoned teenager - I must have watched this dozens of times
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092948/

And even though I might be sounding slightly hipster-ish here, the comedy gigs in places like The International Bar can be funny as fukc. It's totally hit and miss and some of it's awful but I've had a few good nights there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

ianuss wrote: »
    And even though I might be sounding slightly hipster-ish here, the comedy gigs in places like The International Bar can be funny as fukc. It's totally hit and miss and some of it's awful but I've had a few good nights there.
    +1

Back when I was a dating lad - this was a winner for a first date. Hit and miss, but usually the last act is pretty decent (by that stage a few shandies has helped lubricate the situation)

jtsuited wrote: »
    Compilation Shmopilation. Train journeys are made for podcasts. Resident Advisor, Little White Earbuds, XLR8R.....fill your boots.

Podcasts are good but there completely different. Show me an RA podcast that matches the quality of Levon Vincent's Farbic mix or Marcel Fengler's Berghain cd from this year cause I've not found one. I'll stick with my Shmopilations for now :pac: Must check out Little White Earbuds though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Lee Mack is great and Stewart Francis is the king of one liners:

And the late, great Mitch Hedburg was, eh, great:

Lee Mack is great and Stewart Francis is the king of one liners:

And the late, great Mitch Hedburg was, eh, great:

lee Mack is the funniest gig I've ever been to.... by a mile too. I was crying for most of it. In saying that, his show is pretty pants.

Podcasts are good but there completely different. Show me an RA podcast that matches the quality of Levon Vincent's Farbic mix or Marcel Fengler's Berghain cd from this year cause I've not found one. I'll stick with my Shmopilations for now :pac: Must check out Little White Earbuds though.

There's two Rrose ones on RA that are worth checking out. Shifted did one too recently. Ben UFO's LWE podcast is class - I've had it on my iPod for weeks. This Analogue Cops one is worth a d/l too http://tothebone.co.uk/?p=319

There's two Rrose ones on RA that are worth checking out. Shifted did one too recently. Ben UFO's LWE podcast is class - I've had it on my iPod for weeks. This Analogue Cops one is worth a d/l too http://tothebone.co.uk/?p=319

Great Conforce one I keep going back to http://soundcloud.com/d2techno/conforce-modern-amusement-012

There's so much great music coming out in podcasts that compilations are pretty redundant these days.

lee Mack is the funniest gig I've ever been to.... by a mile too. I was crying for most of it. In saying that, his show is pretty pants.

Yeah, it doesn't translate at all. Tim Vine on that show is another king of the one liners.

• Advertisement

There's so much great music coming out in podcasts that compilations are pretty redundant these days.

I see your point, but I personally still look forward to an artist I like mixing the latest Berghain or whatever, I hope they don't die out just yet. Without sounding like an Audiophile knob the bit rate of podcasts pisses me off and a lot of them sound like sh1te on my headphones to be honest. I'll check out the ones you recommended though, cheers.

Yeah, the sound quality is a fair point. I guess it just doesn't bother me all that much.

Speaking of comedy I snapped the fukcing headband on my HD-25's the other day. Cheapest price I could find for a replacement headband online; £54. Thought it was a piss take! If anyone knows anywhere cheaper let me know.

IMAG0197.jpg

Speaking of comedy I snapped the fukcing headband on my HD-25's the other day. Cheapest price I could find for a replacement headband online; £54. Thought it was a piss take! If anyone knows anywhere cheaper let me know.

IMAG0197.jpg
    Replacement parts for HD25's are ridiculous! Probably cost ya about €1000 to build a set just from spare parts.

I pulled the cable out of my AIAIAI Tracks a few weeks back. :( Absolutely gutted!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Replacement parts for HD25's are ridiculous! Probably cost ya about €1000 to build a set just from spare parts.

I pulled the cable out of my AIAIAI Tracks a few weeks back. :( Absolutely gutted!

Are they a lot to fix up with spare parts? Mine need a lot of work done to them, tempted to just buy a new pair.

That's crap on the tracks... I've really grown to like those myself. Tried the B&W P5 & P3 in Heathrow a couple of weeks ago, very disappointed with the sound quality.

In other news, my Nokia Lumia experience ended last week when it finally passed away after a long battle with being a generally sh*t phone... however, the story has a happy ending as I'm now the proud owner of the Samsung Galaxy S3, brilliant phone!

The Nokia phones now are ****ing terrible. How did they drop the ball so badly?

Yeah dunno what the hell they were at with the Lumia... or how the f*ck I got caught up in the hype before it launched. I tried to convince myself it was an ok phone but it frequently crashed and in general failed in terms of user experience. I also have an iphone 4 which was a lot better than the Lumia but the S3 pisses all over both though. I'd say it will be a real challenge for Nokia to compete now, the Lumia was to be their attempt to fight back and it seems to be failing miserably.

on the subject of podcasts, I have downloaded the odd one and listened on my home computer, for on the move I rip everything to FLAC from cd so only pick up mixes occasionally... I'd normally run a mile from anything with the Ministry of Sound logo on it but the recent 3cd mix from Andy Weatherall is really excellent, hasn't left my car since I got it.

http://www.discogs.com/Andrew-Weatherall-Masterpiece-Created-By-Andrew-Weatherall/master/434039

Ridiculous is right. I could buy a pair a them AIAIAI Tracks for what Sennheiser charge for a plastic headband! After 3 years of abuse I ended up sitting on them the other day when they were lying on the bed haha.

• Advertisement

Are they a lot to fix up with spare parts? Mine need a lot of work done to them, tempted to just buy a new pair.
    Yeah, mad money. Sure look at the cost of a new cable. You'd be better off buying a new pair and selling the good bits off your old pair for spare parts.

That's crap on the tracks... I've really grown to like those myself.
    Real sickener. I had them around my neck and bent down to pick something up and the wire got caught, and then when I stood up I just yanked the cable out. I was absolutely gutted. I thought they were a great set of headphones. I actually used them for running as I've tried so many ear buds but they're just not as good. Got the Tracks cheap too. :(

In other news, my Nokia Lumia experience ended last week when it finally passed away after a long battle with being a generally sh*t phone... however, the story has a happy ending as I'm now the proud owner of the Samsung Galaxy S3, brilliant phone!
    The Nokia phones now are ****ing terrible. How did they drop the ball so badly?
    It's incredible how badly Nokia lost their market share. At one stage they were almost the only phone on the market. But that said, even with limited functionality, the interface was quite clunky.

Advertisement