Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Here's a list of the Do's and the Don't Do's

http://www.mcd.ie/safety_notices/marlaypark_safetynotice.jpg

The BBC coverage is world's apart from RTE, especially the Red Button coverage (I've only recently gotten SKY). I only suffered through the RTE coverage for the boxing, and even then had to switch over to the Beeb when Jimmy MeGee was commenting during the fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

He was shockingly bad alright. But O'Herlihy gets the award for being the biggest tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I do part time work for Amnesty International and I was disappointed by the London Olympics. Beijing was heaven because we could get on our high horse about all the human rights violations China had committed. It was fantastic. All we had this time around was a tenuous connection between Dow Chemicals who sponsored the plastic wrapping around the main stadium and some Indians dying in a gas leak. I didn't get to really hector anyone while the Olympics was on. It's hard to get people to care about Indians.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Lads,Looking for a bit of advice
    I have to do a personality test tomorrow and to be honest I have no clue whats involved other than what I read online.
    what the hell are people looking for when they analyze those things

seannash wrote: »
    what the hell are people looking for when they analyze those things
    A personality?

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    A personality?
    Ha ha ha ha
    well yeah but how do I basically say "Look lads I'm awesome,just gimme the job"

I'd imagine with those types of tests you can't really do anything else other than just be yourself. It's not like an aptitude test where they'd be testing for some semblance of intelligence. In this case I reckon they're trying to weed out the serial killers and hipsters.

I'd imagine with those types of tests you can't really do anything else other than just be yourself. It's not like an aptitude test where they'd be testing for semblance of intelligence. In this case I reckon they're trying to weed out the serial killers and hipsters.
    I guess thats true.
    There ****ing bull**** though,ah well I guess I'll see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

here's how to pass the test...
    you're a team player but you know how to finish a job. you welcome criticism and try to get something positive from it. you listen to others' ideas. you welcome feedback on projects, even if they differ from your own opinion.

Jesus these business psychology people are morons.

jtsuited wrote: »
    here's how to pass the test...
    you're a team player but you know how to finish a job. you welcome criticism and try to get something positive from it. you listen to others' ideas. you welcome feedback on projects, even if they differ from your own opinion.

Jesus these business psychology people are morons.

Feck tha' shi'! Go the alpha male route. Tell them you don't take prisoners, you shoot from the hip while thinking outside the box. Ask them what they can do for you not what you can do for them. You'll walk it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

actually, yeah go with that.

It's also worth knowing where you see yourself in 5 years time

ah ****
    Sure I'll just wing it and see how it goes,worked for the first interview,might just work for the 2nd

I was being sarcastic with that last comment Sean

Good one, Baz, I would have forgotten that one. Just remember to answer every question sarcastically.

They actually asked me that in the first interview.(which lasted 1hour and 10 minutes)

seannash wrote: »
    They actually asked me that in the first interview.(which lasted 1hour and 10 minutes)
    Most interviewers do but it's a stupid and lazy question. But then again a lot of people haven't a clue how to do interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Psychometric tests are the biggest load of sh1te ever, but personality ones are the easiest to blag your way through.

Psychometric tests are the biggest load of sh1te ever, but personality ones are the easiest to blag your way through.

What I find hard about them is trying to get across that I am a gentle and sensitive lover. The questions don't seem to be really tailored to help you express that.

Just ask yourself for every question. "What would Ryan Tubridy say".

That will do the job to turn you into the biggest muppet you can possibly be for the day. Good luck :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

Any suggestion for a handy sized vinyl bag lads? Was looking at this http://www.junodownload.com/products/magma-12-lp-record-bag-100-profi-black/254587-01/ , anyone any experience with magma gear or that bag in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Get one of the UDG trolley bags - plenty of places sell them, they're almost indestructible and they're not much more pricey than those Magma bags.

Mine has done me for the last five years of constant abuse (I walk from Parnell street to Merrion Square once a week with it and walk to all of my gigs as well so mine takes a lot of battering) and it's still in pretty decent nick bar a wonky wheel and a stiff handle (ooo-errr!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

So these lines from a song popped into my head the other day and they wnet something like 'rock your body, check one two' and I though to myself 'that's not a bad track, I just try and remeber what it is'. A couple of hours later it hit me it was this!

Should I be thrashed within an inch of my life?

Get one of the UDG trolley bags - plenty of places sell them, they're almost indestructible and they're not much more pricey than those Magma bags.

Mine has done me for the last five years of constant abuse (I walk from Parnell street to Merrion Square once a week with it and walk to all of my gigs as well so mine takes a lot of battering) and it's still in pretty decent nick bar a wonky wheel and a stiff handle (ooo-errr!)

Yeah hadn't really thought about a trolley bag, was thinking more over arm stuff. Those trolley bags always remind me of the bags old wans have doing their shopping! :pac:

I usually have a pretty short walk wherever i'm djing in Cork (as the city centre is a relatively small area). Those UDG bags look expensive enough, i'm seeing prices of over 200 quid?

I'm actually currently using a UDG bag(I think its a 40-50 record bag, but I used it to carry 2 cd cases) and i've made absolute ****e of it the last 2 year, strap ripped off and zip broke, so I dunno do I trust them again for the size of their prices.

mordeith wrote: »
    So these lines from a song popped into my head the other day and they wnet something like 'rock your body, check one two' and I though to myself 'that's not a bad track, I just try and remeber what it is'. A couple of hours later it hit me it was this!

You probably should be but I often used place this when I was doing a residency in a commercial club. :p

(also it reminds me of going bushing as a teenager one summer so i've a soft spot for it!)

mordeith wrote: »

And now that's in my fcuking head for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

HoggyRS wrote: »
    (also it reminds me of going bushing as a teenager one summer so i've a soft spot for it!)

What is this 'bushing' you speak of?

ianuss wrote: »
    What is this 'bushing' you speak of?

I'd imagine it's what country folk call "knacker drinking"

I'm from the country and I've never drank any knackers. I'm appalled by your suggestion that this is what we country folk do. We're too busy molesting sheep.

• Advertisement

How dare you, I am not a country bumpkin, born and bred Cork city boi.

Knacker drinking is what posh people called bushing/gatting.

I knew a fella from Limerick who used call it lushing and refer to heavy night of it as "lushing on strong". Certainly the best phrase for it.

Advertisement