Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

HoggyRS wrote: »
    How dare you, I am not a country bumpkin, born and bred Cork city boi.

Knacker drinking is what posh people called bushing/gatting.

I knew a fella from Limerick who used call it lushing and refer to heavy night of it as "lushing on strong". Certainly the best phrase for it.

Ah 'lushing' is used in many places, but never heard 'bushing' before.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

How dare you, I am not a country bumpkin, born and bred Cork city boi.

I'm sorry, but to us Dublin folk you are a country bumpkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but to us Dublin folk you are a country bumpkin.

Pffft, i'm utterly metropolitan. I had a latte once and I carry a small dog around with me in a handbag.

Pffft, i'm utterly metropolitan. I had a latte once and I carry a small dog around with me in a handbag.

Nah, I think the word you're looking for is "gay"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Tsk, gay means being happy down our way. You have to call him a Kweir!

• Advertisement

How would I carry a gay around in a handbag?

Whoah Whoah Whoah!!! Two country folk talking to me at once!!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Hmmm... "Inspired by DJs, designed for the streets'. New 'Amperior' headphones by Sennheiser, based on the HD25.

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/H8612ZM/A/sennheiser-amperior-over-ear-headphones#tech-specs

Reckon I'd like a set :pac:

Confused..

Have they stuck an apple logo on and doubled the price tag?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Confused..

Have they stuck an apple logo on and doubled the price tag?

Possibly! Looking at the specs actually I don't think they stack up to the 25s.

• Advertisement

Hmmm... "Inspired by DJs, designed for the streets'. New 'Amperior' headphones by Sennheiser, based on the HD25.

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/H8612ZM/A/sennheiser-amperior-over-ear-headphones#tech-specs

Reckon I'd like a set :pac:
    "based on the HD25"??? They are the HD25!!! With an Apple price tag!

The only thing different seems to be the inline control, which is handy enough, but twice the price handy?

There's a guy on eBay that makes custom coloured HD25's if that's your thing. But I can't get over the price. It just shows you how much of a rip off Apple can be.

Amperior

Technical Specs
    General
    Inline Controls: Play,Next Track,Pause,Previous Track,Volume,Answer/End Call
    Other Features: Noise Isolation,With Remote and Mic,Stereo,With Mic,Works Without Batteries
    Connections
    Jack Type: Straight,Gold Plated
    Fit
    Form Factor: On Ear
    Open & Closed Back: Closed
    Driver
    Frequency Response: 16 Hz - 22,000 Hz
    Driver Type: Diaphragm
    Driver Size: 36 mm
    Sound Pressure Level: 120 dB
    Impedance: 18 ohms
    THD: < 0.3%
    Dimension
    Cable Length: 120 cm

HD-25

Cable length: 5 ft. (1.5 m.)
    Contact pressure: 2.5 N
    Frequency response: 16 - 22,000 Hz
    Jack plug: 3.5/6.3 mm stereo
    Load rating: 0.2 W
    Nominal impedance: 70 Ohms
    Sound pressure level (SPL): 120 dB (SPL)
    Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 0.3 %
    Transducer type: Dynamic, closed
    Weight w/o cable: 4.9 oz. (140 g)

Made for iPod, iPad and iPhone on the box..

£259.95 so you can listen to 128kbps mp3s on your iPhone.

Apple marketing never fails to amaze me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I should know this by now, but what difference does the impedance make in a pair of head/earphones?

"Apple Recommends For

Music lovers who want superior sound quality and high attenuation of background noise, with a stylish urban design."

They still look like a headset you'd wear in a call centre.

Beats by dre should be the choice if you're worried about your headphones being stylish and urban.

milltown wrote: »
    I should know this by now, but what difference does the impedance make in a pair of head/earphones?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headphones#Impedance

Which in essence means that the lower the impedance the more volume you can get with less of a power output from the device you're using as a sound source. Hence the reason why these headphones have a lower impedance as they are are being touted as MP3 player headphones.

Beats by dre should be the choice if you're worried about your headphones being stylish and urban and sh1te.

;)

From the GIF Thread :D

zQHv4.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

For anyone that's thought about trying Linux, give Linux Mint (Cinnamon) a go. It looks a lot like a Windows OS and comes packed with loads of audio and video codecs so you can play movies and music without having to download anything.

XBMC is a great media streamer too (doesn't come with Mint but very easy to install). It's extremely stable and will stream pretty much anything. I have it running on a Mac, Windows, Linux and it's never crashed on any of them.

Can't believe the amount of open source, free software out there. I'll have to get involved in a project when my programming skills improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

A guys phone was robbed at Ozora this year. SNSFW.
    http://www.technogeek.se/tmp/ahole/ahole.html

• Advertisement

A guys phone was robbed at Ozora this year. NSFW.
    http://www.technogeek.se/tmp/ahole/ahole.html
    Ehh, SERIOUSLY NSFW!! Like SERIOUSLY!!!

Robbed from the Breaking Bad forum, this is quality if anyone watches it in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Anyone want to help find me gear for sale on adverts/donedeal? I'm looking to get 2 technics 1210s, serato sl1, and a 4 channel mixer.. also a coffin case for it all would be nice... have the guts of a grand to spend, but would also need to include needles and nice headshells.

is it doable for that kind of money? I have two reloop rmp-3 alphas that I could sell too, now that I think of it since they will be getting replaced

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Tinie wrote: »
    What the hell is trap music? Youtube search is throwing up southern hip hip and some sort of bass music with gratuitous snares and hi-hats in equal measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Youtube search is throwing up southern hip hip.

Hooray!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Kasabian at Marley Park last night was some experience. Took us 30 minutes to get through all the security which included emptying all your possessions in a plastic bag, full pat down from security then swiped all over with a hand held metal detector. For those unlucky enough for whatever reason, it was off to a tent for a strip search. And they were having none of people drinking on the streets before hand.

The Guards are well up for it. Some lad got beeped at for not crossing Grange Road quick enough and he started acting the bollix and giving them the fingers. Turned out it was a branch car and the two cops were out in a flash and grabbed him. They pulled them off to the side so didn't see if they arrested him or let him go. Also had cops on horses up and down the Grange Road.

I'd say they'll be knocking the shít out of anyone that's messing tonight.

Great gig though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

francois wrote: »
    The documentary before it @ 10 looks good too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Anyone watching this?

cartman_lame-1046.jpg

Advertisement