Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I enjoyed the doc anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Documentary was a decent watch, turned the house party thing off after about 2 minutes.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Grandmaster flash playing to an empty room shouting into an overly loud mic "put your hands in the air" every 2 mins to three camera men. Mixing was a bit iffy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Zascar wrote: »
    Grandmaster flash playing to an empty room shouting into an overly loud mic "put your hands in the air" every 2 mins to three camera men. Mixing was a bit iffy too.
    Saw him live twice,he's terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

Zascar wrote: »

Was expecting a lot more-some old hip hop and disco and decent scratching,
    I gave up quickly enough-anyone see the other DJ's?
    The concept would have been better if there was a crowd there, and I was surprised that this was about the 20th anniversary of castlemorton, so I would have expected some of the rigs like spiral tribe, drum club or DIY to play.
    The documentary didn't add anything new either, it was too short and just went through all the usual stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

Nothing new in the doc, but I enjoyed it all the same.Loved the Phuture 303 bit, and hated all the david guetta/mouse head ****.

How did we get from the genius of phuture to the retardedness of the mouse head - where did it all go wrong!

where did it all go wrong!
    cocaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

where did it all go wrong!

wet and hard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

For anyone with even a passing interestin the Armstrong saga, this chart shows the money trail, how it's all linked. Some superb work went into this:

http://velorooms.com/files/ArmstrongBusinessConnectionsV2.pdf

One of the funniest, WTF bits - is the Tour of California, one of the biggest races in the States, is sponsored by Amgen.
    A pharmaceutical company.
    Whose main product is EPO.

Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It's bloody brilliant, I find the whole thing fascinating. So good to see him go down, even if it's not in the ball of flames I'd like to see...

This is good for a laugh:

Also - see the distinction between livestrong .org and livestrong .com?

One is the charity, the other is a for-profit company.

But with the same name. Again, seriously?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80492066 - full thread in the cycling forum - there is a poll. Less than 5% of these people think he's innocent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Been reading that thread all morning. Myself and the OH were talking about it the other night and we were wondering how someone could be tested so much and not have a positive. We agreed there must have been some person in authority with a vendetta against Armstrong and who was trying to break him down by dragging him through court after court.

However, having read that thread, it's pretty obvious he was a complete and utter cheat. The financial benefits he's had from cheating are mind boggling. I hope he has to pay back every penny. It's also disgusting to hear of the people's reputations he ruined. Wánker. How he could continue lying like he did/does is sickening.

On how to pass dope tests, and the current landscape on where testing is at, read this Clanket:

http://www.sportsscientists.com/2012/08/the-armstrong-fallout-thoughts-and.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Jesus lads, have some respect. The guy is barely cold in his grave! Whatever about his alleged drugs scandals, he’s done a lot for astronomy.

I started reading that earlier. Good read alright. I'll finish it this evening.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Jesus lads, have some respect. The guy is barely cold in his grave! Whatever about his alleged drugs scandals, he’s done a lot for astronomy.

Don't forget about what he done for the trumpet

anyone on here live in london, moved over a few months ago, not the easiest place in the world to figure out

anyone on here live in london, moved over a few months ago, not the easiest place in the world to figure out

What part you in? I've an interview there in 2 weeks so hopefully soon!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Don't live there but spent at least a third of my life there for the last few years so relatively familiar with it! I must say I love London, great city.

I remember going to London for the first time, many many many moons ago, to visit family and check out some of the newly emerging clubbing scene. I was blown away with the pure scale of the place. Dublin is a village in comparison.

Don't live there but spent at least a third of my life there for the last few years so relatively familiar with it! I must say I love London, great city.

great city allright, but so far ive found that you work much harder over here than you ever do in Ireland.Perhaps its just the job im in.I think lifes a hell of a lot easier in Ireland.Especially when you factor in all the bills you have to pay over here.People cannot believe that we dont have council tax and all the bills that they have over here.Every conversation tends to end the same when it comes to why Ireland is ****ed - we deserve it because we dont pay enough tax, and we pay too mush dole.I agree to some point, but I think the wealth is distributed a lot more easily back home.

Im rambling.....

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I remember going to London for the first time, many many many moons ago, to visit family and check out some of the newly emerging clubbing scene. I was blown away with the pure scale of the place. Dublin is a village in comparison.

this is thru the weekly choices are ridiculous, corsica studios is one of the best clubs ive ever been to.Proper rave vibes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

The new Blawan record arrived in the post this morning. I was listening to it while messing about on the net and after a while I thought the second track was going on a bit. When I looked, the needle was on the lead-out loop but it was still playing the sort of droning industrial sound that the track had ended with. Listened to the other side and it's the same again at the end of the second track, an endless loop of sound.

Is this a new trick, or just new to me? I'd certainly never come across it before, although I hadn't bought a record in 15 years until recently.

milltown wrote: »
    The new Blawan record arrived in the post this morning. I was listening to it while messing about on the net and after a while I thought the second track was going on a bit. When I looked, the needle was on the lead-out loop but it was still playing the sort of droning industrial sound that the track had ended with. Listened to the other side and it's the same again at the end of the second track, an endless loop of sound.

Is this a new trick, or just new to me? I'd certainly never come across it before, although I hadn't bought a record in 15 years until recently.

This track from 1993 has the same thing but it's like an alarm ringing on an endless loop. I'm sure I've seen/heard it on other releases too.

milltown wrote: »

I've plenty of tracks like that, as well as some single line grooves which repeat ad infinitum for example http://www.discogs.com/Agent-Cooper-Red-3-Trax-5-Loops/master/56976

Yep, nothing really knew - have a few I think that have some kind of lyric / spoken word that repeats in the run-out groove.

I always liked when there was something a little different about a record.

A few months ago - I got a record that really confused me. After nearly 20 years buying records, I'd never come across one that plays from the centre outwards - it took me a while to figure out what was going on, and it was lucky I was stone cold sober because I was questioning my sanity at one point... If I had've been in an altered consciousness state, it could have pushed me over the edge!

I might be alone on this but that new Blawan record is the most overhyped sh1t I've heard all year.

• Advertisement

joker77 wrote: »
    Yep, nothing really knew - have a few I think that have some kind of lyric / spoken word that repeats in the run-out groove.

I always liked when there was something a little different about a record.

A few months ago - I got a record that really confused me. After nearly 20 years buying records, I'd never come across one that plays from the centre outwards - it took me a while to figure out what was going on, and it was lucky I was stone cold sober because I was questioning my sanity at one point... If I had've been in an altered consciousness state, it could have pushed me over the edge!
    The centre outwards? That's fairly trippy alright.

I'm actually trying to get my head around how you'd try and cue the track, especially in a dark club. It has train wreck written all over it. :)

Advertisement