Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

joker77 wrote: »
    Yep, nothing really knew - have a few I think that have some kind of lyric / spoken word that repeats in the run-out groove.

I always liked when there was something a little different about a record.

A few months ago - I got a record that really confused me. After nearly 20 years buying records, I'd never come across one that plays from the centre outwards - it took me a while to figure out what was going on, and it was lucky I was stone cold sober because I was questioning my sanity at one point... If I had've been in an altered consciousness state, it could have pushed me over the edge!

Surely you'd want to be fairly gentle with that, given that your anti-skate would be working against you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

I might be alone on this but that new Blawan record is the most overhyped sh1t I've heard all year.

I'm not mad about it either but I haven't heard it played out yet so it's hard to say how good it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Is a shít song not shít no matter where it's played?

Don't know the track personally. What's it called?

Clanket wrote: »
    Is a shít song not shít no matter where it's played?

No, definitely not. Some music is designed solely for clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I might be alone on this but that new Blawan record is the most overhyped sh1t I've heard all year.

I'm not feeling the love for it either. Probably sounds great in a club but it's leaving me a bit meh at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

milltown wrote: »
    Surely you'd want to be fairly gentle with that, given that your anti-skate would be working against you?
    Only if you had the anti-skate set at zero. The anti-skate dial is only there to counter balance the natural pull of the needle towards the centre. I think it's something like 1 gram of force towards the centre. So most Technics should be set up for +1 or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Ya, it's designed for a club, no doubt. But I've gone from 'meh' to straight out dislike of it. I find the vocal sample annoying. Some of this 'track of the year' talk is baffling to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

BaZmO* wrote: »
    The centre outwards? That's fairly trippy alright.

I'm actually trying to get my head around how you'd try and cue the track, especially in a dark club. It has train wreck written all over it. :)
    Fairly trippy is right. I kept cueing it up - thought there was a problem with the initial groove so I then dropped the needle a few bars in. As I say - thought I was going mad. This is the record in question
    http://www.discogs.com/Stephen-Brown-Red-Room-Stress-Free/release/2212118
    The track I bought it for is Stress Free, I was anything but after a few minutes.

I have never bothered throwing it in the record box for parties. I wouldn't fancy my chances queing it up at 4am...

Ya, it's designed for a club, no doubt. But I've gone from 'meh' to straight out dislike of it. I find the vocal sample annoying. Some of this 'track of the year' talk is baffling to me.
    I'd the same feeling with 'track of the year' Swims - didn't get it and very quickly went to dislike. Don't dislike the Blawan one though - but can see how you would.

The hype is inevitable - there is no doubt this track will destroy dancefloors.

Yeah, I am finding that a bit weird as well. Beyond the vocal sample there's not a lot to it. It strikes me as more of a DJ tool than a track. Great as a bridge between tracks and really distinctive but not a lot behind it as a track itself.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I am finding that a bit weird as well. Beyond the vocal sample there's not a lot to it. It strikes me as more of a DJ tool than a track. Great as a bridge between tracks and really distinctive but not a lot behind it as a track itself.
    People like catchy vocal hooks. It's quite simple.

Even the most discerning of club crowds, lash an auld catchy vocal hook into a track, as long as there's a fairly banging track behind it, they'll lap it up.

joker77 wrote: »
    People like catchy vocal hooks. It's quite simple.

Even the most discerning of club crowds, lash an auld catchy vocal hook into a track, as long as there's a fairly banging track behind it, they'll lap it up.

Aye, I understand that but beyond the vocal hook there really isn't anything there. Mind you, if this came on in the basement of TP while I was suitably enhanced, I'm sure I'd be lapping it up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

I think the fact that I've heard the original line in The Fugees - How Many Mics about 100 times before hearing the Blawan sample isn't helping.

It doesn't half get stuck in your head for the day though.

I think the fact that I've heard the original line in The Fugees - How Many Mics about 100 times before hearing the Blawan sample isn't helping.

It doesn't half get stuck in your head for the day though.
    Yea I hear yea. The verse from Pras goes round and round in my head after even reading this f*cking thread. So f*ck you for bringing it up

I picked up a leaflet for Alpha (a bible course thingy) and who was on the back of it but drink your own piss Grylls! I didn't realise he was a holy joe.

I picked up a leaflet for Alpha (a bible course thingy) and who was on the back of it but drink your own piss Grylls! I didn't realise he was a holy joe.

Euurgghhh. Quick wiki/google comes up with this.

Speaking of Holy Joe's.....

When did Chuck’s eyes get so tiny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

State of the pair of them. Fúck off with your "For God and Country" shíte.

Gena's a fine looking thing though :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

241121_10151206585358142_102148680_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

We haven't had a thread title change in ages. Someone say something funny...

Yore ma needs a kick in the face and a blast of piss from an Atari Jaguar.

Judging on what I've read on After Hours this should be the funniest sentence in the universe. I had reservations about posting it up because it's funniness could melt your face off with its awesomeness but I reckon if I didn't the liberal media would have won and it would have been political correctness gone mad!

Two-Towers.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

what do people think about rory mcilroy choosing gb over ireland? its certainly got a few peoples knickers in a twist on this site!

raymann wrote: »
    what do people think about rory mcilroy choosing gb over ireland? its certainly got a few peoples knickers in a twist on this site!

I don't care either way tbh. It's his life. And even if he won a medal, what difference does it make to anyone in Ireland - he's the one with the medal, not them. I like him because he's great to watch, not because he's Irish.

And he has a British passport so it can't have been a surprise to anyone either.

Also, I don't think he's decided yet, has he?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

ianuss wrote: »
    Also, I don't think he's decided yet, has he?

Not as far as I know, no. Although the way people are reacting you'd swear he's bought a sash and a bowler hat and started burning tricolours to heat his house.

Has it been finalised what format the olympic golf will take? Like, will it be team events like the Ryder cup, or singles? If it's to be team games I can fully see why he'd go GB. He'd have a much bigger pool of players to help boost his medal chances, rather than hoping a few Irish players are on form.

Not as far as I know, no. Although the way people are reacting you'd swear he's bought a sash and a bowler hat and started burning tricolours to heat his house.

Has it been finalised what format the olympic golf will take? Like, will it be team events like the Ryder cup, or singles? If it's to be team games I can fully see why he'd go GB. He'd have a much bigger pool of players to help boost his medal chances, rather than hoping a few Irish players are on form.

I think the last time it was in the Olympics it was singles and team events. Even if McIlroy played with GB we'd still have a decent group to pick from. GMAC, Porridge, Clarke, Lowry, McGrane and I'm hoping to be single figures by 2016 so the future's bright. 3 Major winners there, and a few other players who could beat anyone on their day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

He is British he should represent GB, same as McDowell and yes I understand the GUI is an all Ireland association.

I think Gramme said he'd represent Ireland if he could. But if he wanted to play for GB I couldn't be bothered either. I don't quite get the furore.

• Advertisement

The people making the biggest noise are the same people that claim the English claim everybody as their own.

He's from Norn Iron so he is British. Who cares.

Advertisement