Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I use to luv Rory MacIllroy becoz he was one of us but now that he's turned into a Proddie I hate him becoz he prolly rapes dead babies and eats french toest. ****ing Brittis ****er ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I wouldn't share your optimism Ian. The players you've mentioned have the potential to be a good team but I wouldn't be surprised if Darren Clarke had locked his clubs in the shed by the time the next olympics rolls around. Lowry and McGrane need to play out of their skins to compete. Still a long way off but for now there's no depth whatsoever, while Team GB currently have 4 players in the top ten (including Rory).
    You might be in with a shout yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Golf in the Olympics?

What will they think of next? Cricket?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

im just surprised that he feels more like one of them than us. normally being irish not british/english is a badge people wear with pride. i think attitudes towards brits and especially the english have mellowed a lot worldwide in the last few years.

living in france people seem ambivalent towards them. i think the football hooligan thing was the thing that made everybody really hate them and that seems to have died down. maybe this rory situation is a reflection of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

raymann wrote: »
    im just surprised that he feels more like one of them than us. normally being irish not british/english is a badge people wear with pride. i think attitudes towards brits and especially the english have mellowed a lot worldwide in the last few years.

living in france people seem ambivalent towards them. i think the football hooligan thing was the thing that made everybody really hate them and that seems to have died down. maybe this rory situation is a reflection of that.

The thing with McIlroy is that he's always gone out of his way to avoid taking sides publicly. Yeah, he's Catholic and his uncle was killed by Loyalists, but he's never even remotely intimated that he was in any way a Nationalist himself. I always admired him for not bowing to all the pressure about that whole 'National Question' bs. If he feels more British than Irish, good luck to him.

• Advertisement

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/hillsborough-disaster/news/

What I've read so far of this Hillsborough stuff is unbelievable. So much worse than I expected that it's hard to think how none of this leaked previously.

ianuss wrote: »
    The thing with McIlroy is that he's always gone out of his way to avoid taking sides publicly. Yeah, he's Catholic and his uncle was killed by Loyalists, but he's never even remotely intimated that he was in any way a Nationalist himself. I always admired him for not bowing to all the pressure about that whole 'National Question' bs. If he feels more British than Irish, good luck to him.

yeah, but why man? is he ****ing mad, THEM rather than us?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Who's this 'Us'? Sure you're basically French.

It was probably because of where and how he was raised by his folks. He lived in Hollywood, an affluent Protestant area and he went to a non-denominational school AFAIK.

I know!!! We're great craic!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Seen that the other day. Fúcking wally.

The state of a lot of Irish when they go abroad. No wonder we're getting such a bad rep, especially in Australia and New Zealand. I seen it first hand a few years ago. Embarrassing.

• Advertisement

ianuss wrote: »
    Who's this 'Us'? Sure you're basically French.

It was probably because of where and how he was raised by his folks. He lived in Hollywood, an affluent Protestant area and he went to a non-denominational school AFAIK.

that seems to be the thing that people in AH really cant understand, that its simply his preferred choice.
    Clanket wrote: »
    Seen that the other day. Fúcking wally.

The state of a lot of Irish when they go abroad. No wonder we're getting such a bad rep, especially in Australia and New Zealand. I seen it first hand a few years ago. Embarrassing.

honestly i think we acted like ***** abroad for years but everybody thought we were english when we did this. this was a situation that we were very happy with and the english never knew about.

the problem now is a) the gaa shirt wearing bog monsters from the country that we always kept hidden have been set loose to shame the nation and b) the sheer amount of number of irish going over to aus/uk/canada etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

if i was a northern irelander sitting on the fence, i would genuinely be disgusted by the idea of being ruled by a nation that is essentially 30 years behind everybody else because of the influence of the Catholic Church.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

jtsuited wrote: »
    if i was a northern irelander sitting on the fence, i would genuinely be disgusted by the idea of being ruled by a nation that is essentially 30 years behind everybody else because of the influence of the Catholic Church.

Agreed. For all the sh!te Paisley used to spout he was spot on when he said Home Rule is Rome Rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

that seems to be the thing that people in AH really cant understand, that its simply his preferred choice.

honestly i think we acted like ***** abroad for years but everybody thought we were english when we did this. this was a situation that we were very happy with and the english never knew about.

the problem now is a) the gaa shirt wearing bog monsters from the country that we always kept hidden have been set loose to shame the nation and b) the sheer amount of number of irish going over to aus/uk/canada etc.

Very true. I lived in New York from 2005 - 2010 and the carry on from a lot of the Irish over there was pathetic. Funnily enough (or maybe not) people from the cities of Ireland i.e. Dublin, Cork, Galway etc were decent enough, it was the clowns from rural parts, especially the Ulster counties that carried on like @rseholes. I suppose the readily availability of cocaine 24/7 doesn't help matters.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Very true. I lived in New York from 2005 - 2010 and the carry on from a lot of the Irish over there was pathetic. Funnily enough (or maybe not) people from the cities of Ireland i.e. Dublin, Cork, Galway etc were decent enough, it was the clowns from rural parts, especially the Ulster counties that carried on like @rseholes. I suppose the readily availability of cocaine 24/7 doesn't help matters.

it rarely does!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

We get all their decent footballers (James McClean, darren gibson etc) and they get to keep the golf lads. I like that arrangement.

I haven't any issue with him or anyone else not wishing to identify as Irish, thats their choice. And I say that as someone who is republican to the core.

HoggyRS wrote: »
    And I say that as someone who is republican to the core.

I'm a logical atomist on the outside but my core beats with the cold heart of an ethical egoist. Though I think my real problem is that I'm suffering from solipsism syndrome. Get out my head, all of you people...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Cant say I agree with it just being confined to rural counties.I met my fair share of pricks from Dublin.But your definetly right about the northerners.

Fairly easy to get away from them once you leave the suburbs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

Goes? went a long time ago!

• Advertisement

I can't stand AH. You get some right títs from all sides in there

About time the student unions had something less divisive (for their ranks) to get their knickers in a bunch about than pro life/choice stuff. I applaud Clare CC for their initiative and hope it becomes the norm. If the students take to the streets in protest and I get to watch some baton charges on the news instead of talking heads telling me how appalling Kate Middleton's bewbs are (or something, I wasn't paying much attention) then that's even better again.

Clare coco get three thumbs up from me.

I'd have to agree with them too. Anybody who thinks their kids can receive grants from the state without them paying their taxes can take a hike. Sick of the entitlement mentality a lot of Irish people show.

Yeah, I agree with the Council too. If you want the money, you better get tax compliant, bitches!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

Clare county council seem to have been making the assumption that people were choosing not to pay the household charge, not that they were financially unable to. For this reason it is unfair to withold the grant.

I don't think they were ever withholding it. They said they'd be paying the grant to students from tax compliant households first, then working through everyone else.

whats everybody doing this weekend? i have just borrowed a camper van and am setting off for three days into spain (i live on the border with france). debating wether to go to the picos de europa and do a trek or break my 11 month no booze or anything else with a massive night out in san sebastien.

what do you think i should do. i leave in two hours.

whats everybody doing this weekend? i have just borrowed a camper van and am setting off for three days into spain (i live on the border with france). debating wether to go to the picos de europa and do a trek or break my 11 month no booze or anything else with a massive night out in san sebastien.

vague.jpg

• Advertisement

Go to Saragossa, sleep with the one armed prostitute there called Alejandra and drink so much Orujo you pass out and wake up with a tattoo of a monkey making dirty with a frog. Trust me, it'll be the best night ever.

Advertisement