Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

It's Friday afternoon, so here goes

Is the best way to beat a cold a serious feed of pints, topped off with some whiskey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I haven't a clue. I've been seriously dosed all week without being able to take time off to crawl off into a bed and feel sorry for meself. That sounds like a good plan you're hatching there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I'm in rag order since Monday, thought I had it licked Wednesday, bad again yesterday.

I've the option of a night out with pints tonight. Had initially thought no, but the consensus so far is that it'll cure me.

I want some science - germs / virus getting drowned in alcohol and dying, facts and figures. Where's jt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Hot whiskeys always work for me. Have a load of them then a good nights rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

joker77 wrote: »
    I'm in rag order since Monday, thought I had it licked Wednesday, bad again yesterday.

I've the option of a night out with pints tonight. Had initially thought no, but the consensus so far is that it'll cure me.

I want some science - germs / virus getting drowned in alcohol and dying, facts and figures. Where's jt?
    In fairness though the science would never stack up. Drink a load of a substance that is essentially a poison to the body that results in dehydration and lack of sleep. Not sure how that could ever cure you of an ailment. The hangover might take your mind off the resulting hangover mind.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah I have the same poxy cold. Pushing a week now too, probably the longest lasting cold I've ever had with not much sign of recovery!

I honestly feel like I've been on the beer for the week as it is. A couple of sympathetic ones tonight is not going to kill me.

No, but it will spread your cold

Ah well, misery loves company and all tha'

Funny how it's all the ones with kids that have the colds/flus.
    I'm telling ya, kids just breed germs. Any of my mates with sprogs constantly have colds

• Advertisement

I'll second that. I hadn't had an ear infection in donkeys until I had kids. Now I've had 2 in the last 3 years.

I tried returning mine but they wouldn't fit back up there. Shoddy aftersales service so that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'm telling ya, kids just breed germs. Any of my mates with sprogs constantly have colds

Well I don't have kids and I've been sick since Monday evening too......been in bed the last 3 days alternating between chills and sweats. But you know what, if I did have kids and I had an opportunity to go out and get pissed I'd be all over it. Any time I see parents out and about with their kids I can't understand how I haven't seen anyone chuck one of the yokes into the Liffey.

ianuss wrote: »
    BaZmO* wrote: »

Well I don't have kids and I've been sick since Monday evening too......been in bed the last 3 days alternating between chills and sweats. But you know what, if I did have kids and I had an opportunity to go out and get pissed I'd be all over it. Any time I see parents out and about with their kids I can't understand how I haven't seen anyone chuck one of the yokes into the Liffey.
    But aren't you made up of all illness and brittle pasta?

...you've lost me, sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I'm at death's door too since Tuesday or Wednesday.
    I'm no scientician but it looks highly likely that either Ianuss or Joker are patient zero in this outbreak. Kunst must have caught it off us over the internet.

Its one bad-ass mudda fcuka of a cold. I even tried that Berroca stuff for a boost and that resulted in strange orange coloured radioactive looking piss... bit of a what the fck moment I must say before I copped why...

Shower of weak ass wusses!

Jesus, we really do sound like a bunch of gaylords

...you've lost me, sorry...

He's saying it because you've got the knees of Toulouse Lautrec, innnit!

• Advertisement

He's saying it because you've got the knees of Toulouse Lautrec, innnit!

I had to google that one. AFAIK my brittleness is down to having paper mache knees rather than inbreeding, but I'll have to double check with my two dads.

Off topic; I almost never watch tv but the one time I decide to try it, I put on RTE1 to have a goo. And the stick insect gobsh1te is interviewing some foreign bird who's banging on about the special relationship she had with a donkey. An actual donkey too. WTF has happened to television over the years?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

I had to google that one. AFAIK my brittleness is down to having paper mache knees rather than inbreeding, but I'll have to double check with my two dads.

Off topic; I almost never watch tv but the one time I decide to try it, I put on RTE1 to have a goo. And the stick insect gobsh1te is interviewing some foreign bird who's banging on about the special relationship she had with a donkey. An actual donkey too. WTF has happened to television over the years?

Yeah it was surreal. For some reason couldn't help but burst out laughing when I heard the donkey had died

I watch very little TV, with the exception of getting into various series now and again, typically later than most - Breaking Bad being a current example, pretty addicted to that right now.

Jesus, we really do sound like a bunch of gaylords

Speak for yourself man-girl. I was at a wedding yesterday where I drank solidly for 13 hours without class A's
    I'm well 'ard me

francois wrote: »
    Yeah it was surreal. For some reason couldn't help but burst out laughing when I heard the donkey had died

I didn't stick with it long enough to find that out but I did think at the time that she was welling up when she mentioned the donkey.

I didn't stick with it long enough to find that out but I did think at the time that she was welling up when she mentioned the donkey.

Ye cold hearted bastids!!! Her partner got savaged by pitbulls, she gets a donkey to walk around Ireland to commemorate his life and ye feckers are laughing at her! I pray for poor Mopey's soul!

The mother in-law is up, so it is the late late in here: The guest was walking around Ireland with a donkey, something to do with her husband having being mauled by 2 pit bulls and there was mention of an exploding catheter
    Seriously!

I watch very little TV, with the exception of getting into various series now and again, typically later than most - Breaking Bad being a current example, pretty addicted to that right now.

Hey, yo, season 5 is not starting again 'til next summer, bitch. WTF

Hey, yo, season 5 is not starting again 'til next summer, bitch. WTF

Didn't know it even went beyond 2 seasons - picked them up in HMV a couple of weeks ago and didn't see anything other than the 1st two seasons... I was worried as I've only 3 or 4 episodes left of the 2nd season, must grab more so!

• Advertisement

Fair enough, that sounds sad but does it warrant Friday night airtime? Stick it on Nationwide or Midday with the aul ones or something.

Advertisement