Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

oh **** it is Pat Shortt.

Time to open up the cheap wine

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I just can't do the likes of the Late Late on a Friday night. We have a clear agreement in my house that Friday night we go our own way... mine normally involves at least a bottle of wine and a variety of bits of music - so far tonight I've gone from acid techno to right now I'm on the Colour of Spring by Talk Talk... who knows where the night could end.

I just can't do the likes of the Late Late on a Friday night. We have a clear agreement in my house that Friday night we go our own way... mine normally involves at least a bottle of wine and a variety of bits of music - so far tonight I've gone from acid techno to right now I'm on the Colour of Spring by Talk Talk... who knows where the night could end.

I was lashing out varying shades of techno and early 90's german trance in preparation for the Soundcrowd gig earlier to an audience of a 2 year old and a highly confused mother-in-law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Watched the whole thing up to where it's at over the last 2 months. Loved it all. The perfect programme for watching 3 or four episodes of in one night. Season 4 is absolute killer.

francois wrote: »
    I was lashing out varying shades of techno and early 90's german trance in preparation for the Soundcrowd gig earlier to an audience of a 2 year old and a highly confused mother-in-law

Haha brilliant. Can't beat that type of audience in prep.

• Advertisement

Watched the whole thing up to where it's at over the last 2 months. Loved it all. The perfect programme for watching 3 or four episodes of in one night. Season 4 is absolute killer.

Its pretty much impossible to sit and watch one episode.

Some Wilco. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and A Ghost is Born were all done on painkillers. Perfect for someone with a cold. Might do that meself.

Some Wilco. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and A Ghost is Born were all done on painkillers. Perfect for someone with a cold. Might do that meself.

Yeah Wilco could be good later alright. Or maybe the new Grizzly Bear, feckin loving that.

Yeah Wilco could be good later alright. Or maybe the new Grizzly Bear, feckin loving that.

Haven't heard it yet. To be honest, I wasn't too into the last one. Actually, what I've been sticking on a lot since the 21 boxset album came out is Blur. Think Tank is a fantastic album

Haven't heard it yet. To be honest, I wasn't too into the last one. Actually, what I've been sticking on a lot since the 21 boxset album came out is Blur. Think Tank is a fantastic album

The Django Django lp is pretty good, and even though it's been out a couple of years I just got the Tame Impala record, been caning it-They are playing Vicar st in November

• Advertisement

The last one took a bit to sink in but loved it after a few listens, this latest was a bit more instant. Was never a Blur fan at all really... I do however have a soft spot for a lot of Gorillaz tracks.

I have to say actually 2012 has been a bloody good year for music. I probably said that about last year too, and maybe the one before come to think of it....

I have to say actually 2012 has been a bloody good year for music. I probably said that about last year too, and maybe the one before come to think of it....

I think it has been in fairness-the skinny trouser NME ****e is certainly in decline, my next purchase will be this though

http://www.discogs.com/Carter-Tutti-Void-Transverse/release/3509201

francois wrote: »
    I think it has been in fairness-the skinny trouser NME ****e is certainly in decline, my next purchase will be this though

http://www.discogs.com/Carter-Tutti-Void-Transverse/release/3509201

True.

I've looked at that and nearly bought a few times now - must listen on youtube.

Actually I grabbed that 'Person Pitch' by Panda Bear sometime after you posted it here, bloody good album.

The last one took a bit to sink in but loved it after a few listens, this latest was a bit more instant. Was never a Blur fan at all really... I do however have a soft spot for a lot of Gorillaz tracks.

Check out Think Tank, Dave. I reckon you'll definitely enjoy it. I was kind of surprised listening to it after all these years. I hadn't really given much time before but it's really opened up to me now.

Check out Think Tank, Dave. I reckon you'll definitely enjoy it. I was kind of surprised listening to it after all these years. I hadn't really given much time before but it's really opened up to me now.

Cool I'll give it a bash so.

In terms of 'old' new discoveries, Galaxie 500 are my highlight of 2012 - I'll be amazed if anything can come along and surpass my delights of their albums, how the fkc I've missed them since the late 80s is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Thread title is boring at this stage

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Only real option

Yayyy...

• Advertisement

The greatest video ever made.

Linky

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Should we start a music video thread? Drag up some of the old classics?

That sounds like a great plan. It hasn't been done before!

I don't even know if we can put youtube videos into a post...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Do all forums where there is a common interest have a limited lifespan, until the same topics keep getting regurgitated by newer members?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

joker77 wrote: »
    Do all forums where there is a common interest have a limited lifespan, until the same topics keep getting regurgitated by newer members?

to some extent yes, but thats only because the old members will still read them again. i go on a boxing forum and 'whos the best special forces' and 'rugby vs the nfl' come up once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

The greatest video ever made.

Haha. WTF?
    Looks like that's what happens when you get some yuppie meedja company to make your video instead of doing the decent thing and throwing a couple of quid at a 2nd year NCAD student.

Did anyone bother going to the Sound Crowd reunion gig at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

milltown wrote: »
    Did anyone bother going to the Sound Crowd reunion gig at the weekend?
    Couldn't, man flu got the better of me. Had a ticket and would have gone.

Still feeling this virus in fact, have it well over a week, phlegm still in the lungs.

Not happy at all. I've a rather large cycling addiction, and not being able to get out on the bike has a seriously negative effect on my moods.

• Advertisement

Similar. Still coughing up lumps.
    Decided it was probably a good time to try quitting the fags again. That's not helping my mood.

Advertisement