Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Gary The Gamer

joker77 wrote: »
    Couldn't, man flu got the better of me. Had a ticket and would have gone.

Still feeling this virus in fact, have it well over a week, phlegm still in the lungs.

Not happy at all. I've a rather large cycling addiction, and not being able to get out on the bike has a seriously negative effect on my moods.

Keep us up to date on the phlegm situation. How is your temperature today?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Keep us up to date on the phlegm situation. How is your temperature today?
    Will do Gary, will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

milltown wrote: »
    Did anyone bother going to the Sound Crowd reunion gig at the weekend?

Yeah-I finished off the night, to be honest it was the best old skool I've done-the place was rammed by 10.30 and didn't let up till 3.15-older crowd as well, excellent full on rave vibe going, no hassle at all.
    soundcrowd were very good-they beefed up the tracks and had a good projections and videos containing unseen footage from the Olympic,
    I posted some footage on youtube when I was playing

milltown wrote: »
    Similar. Still coughing up lumps.
    Decided it was probably a good time to try quitting the fags again. That's not helping my mood.

Did the same a few months back, took about 4 weeks to rid myself of phlegm-type sticky goo, of varying shades of colour from bright green to a rather disturbing orange before all was clear-worth it though-only 2 lapses as well, but so far so good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

joker77 wrote: »
    I'm in rag order since Monday, thought I had it licked Wednesday, bad again yesterday.

I've the option of a night out with pints tonight. Had initially thought no, but the consensus so far is that it'll cure me.

I want some science - germs / virus getting drowned in alcohol and dying, facts and figures. Where's jt?

i'm here. jaysus i miss fcukin about here on a friday.

haha, alcohol only really has an antibiotic effect in the stomach itself (which is technically not really in your body - long story but your gastrointestinal tract is outside your body if you get me).

Can't really imagine how a rake of pints is gonna cure you. Especially since rest, hot fluids and generally allowing your immune system to win a war is the current best treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Who wants to win the war when true glory comes from dying in battle. The preferred weapon of choice for your cold is Ether coupled with cold baths and Cuban cigars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

francois wrote: »
    Yeah-I finished off the night, to be honest it was the best old skool I've done-the place was rammed by 10.30 and didn't let up till 3.15-older crowd as well, excellent full on rave vibe going, no hassle at all.
    soundcrowd were very good-they beefed up the tracks and had a good projections and videos containing unseen footage from the Olympic,
    I posted some footage on youtube when I was playing

That actually looks like great craic. Getting misty eyed here and tempted to give Bolivian Angel a spin here myself.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Everyone remember to watch Channel 4 at 10pm. Should be good for the lulz if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

Zascar wrote: »
    Everyone remember to watch Channel 4 at 10pm. Should be good for the lulz if nothing else.

can you give me a brief summary as im in france? was in cringeworthy or funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

raymann wrote: »
    can you give me a brief summary as im in france? was in cringeworthy or funny?

Shabs is 38 and has been taking MDMA since he was 14.

Shabs has seen people die before his eyes after taking MDMA.

Shabs has no teeth left :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Phil the soldier dropped a pill and wanted to beat the crap out of everybody while the students in fury hats stayed home and all got loved up in bed together.

It actually felt like we should have had the option of voting people off so that the winners could come back tonight and take larger doses and so on each night untill the final 'UK E Champion' would win a holiday in Ibiza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Was it that bad? I recorded it and was gonna give them both a watch at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

old gregg wrote: »
    It actually felt like we should have had the option of voting people off so that the winners could come back tonight and take larger doses and so on each night untill the final 'UK E Champion' would win a holiday in Ibiza.
    Now that, that right there is a TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Shabs is 38 and has been taking MDMA since he was 14.

Shabs has seen people die before his eyes after taking MDMA.

Shabs has no teeth left :(

Shabs posts on this forum quite regularly under an alias.
    Hanen't quite figured out who Shabs is.....yet

old gregg wrote: »
    Phil the soldier dropped a pill and wanted to beat the crap out of everybody while the students in fury hats stayed home and all got loved up in bed together.

If Phil the soldier wanted to beat the crap out of everyone after a dose of MDMA I'd hate to see what Phil the soldier is like after 10 pints

Missed chance by C4, should have gone for a Horizon style full on science program for the first program and left the cliched madoutovits for another time. Dumbed down and at times cringe-worthy in a get doen wif da youth innit style

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Gary The Gamer

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Jonny68?

Billy Mays wrote: »

Haha, the internets is a small place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

jtsuited wrote: »
    i'm here. jaysus i miss fcukin about here on a friday.

Of course, you had to go off studying. Booo!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah I recorded that too... may not bother watching it though given the descriptions.

I want these feckin things for listening to music at home. My headphone addiction never ends...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sennheiser-momentum_Headphones_review

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

just listened to this for the first time today. what a ****ing album man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5SsOfJz-YU

raymann wrote: »
    just listened to this for the first time today. what a ****ing album man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5SsOfJz-YU

Agreed. One of the very few rap albums I'll still listen to. Biggie had the best 'flow' of any rapper, hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah I recorded that too... may not bother watching it though given the descriptions.

I want these feckin things for listening to music at home. My headphone addiction never ends...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sennheiser-momentum_Headphones_review

Wow, not cheap! $350 Real elegant retro looking. They look like they should come with a top of the range Merc.

Quite big looking.

900x900px-LL-64b4dc21_DSC_0196.jpeg

I'd love to hear how they sound.

Yeah I can't wait to hear them. Seemingly they'll be available here in a couple of weeks so I'll be ready & waiting! I'm loving the design, think they've done a really great job. They are big alright but I wouldn't be thinking of them for mobile use, just listening at home - especially in bed as given they are closed I won't disturb herself. Getting good reviews anyway so again, eager to hear them for myself.

Those momentum headphones look classy!

Have you seen these?

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sennheiser-ie-800_Headphones_review

Those momentum headphones look classy!

Have you seen these?

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sennheiser-ie-800_Headphones_review

Fck me :eek: I need them now too.

Fck me :eek: I need them now too.

I'd be afraid to take them out with me at that price! Would love to hear them though.

Might get a pair of those momentum ones at xmass.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'd love to hear them, as I would with a lot of top range earphones. The 5 - 45,000Hz frequency response seems incredible, but I always wonder is it a bit pointless when you consider the human hearing range is 20 Hz to 20 kHz (20,000 Hz)

I'd be afraid to take them out with me at that price! Would love to hear them though.

Might get a pair of those momentum ones at xmass.

Yeah a lot of money alright, can't see me having the cash for them in the near future either. I'd say the Momentum are quite likely though.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'd love to hear them, as I would with a lot of top range earphones. The 5 - 45,000Hz frequency response seems incredible, but I always wonder is it a bit pointless when you consider the human hearing range is 20 Hz to 20 kHz (20,000 Hz)

Thing is though you do actually notice a difference as you upgrade. I think we've discussed this here before but anytime I move up a notch with IEMs I always think how the fck could they sound any better, then I move up again and ask the same question... where does it end?!

Clearly its more than just frequency response but interesting that they increase the range in expensive sets.

Advertisement