Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Thing is though you do actually notice a difference as you upgrade. I think we've discussed this here before but anytime I move up a notch with IEMs I always think how the fck could they sound any better, then I move up again and ask the same question... where does it end?!

Clearly its more than just frequency response but interesting that they increase the range in expensive sets.

No doubt we have discussed this already, but I'd have to bow to your superior knowledge on this Dave. I've never tried any of the real high end earphones, i.e. the €250+ mark, so it's impossible for me to say. I'd love to know how much of a difference there really is, especially regarding the perceived frequency range. There has to be glass ceiling?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

BaZmO* wrote: »
    No doubt we have discussed this already, but I'd have to bow to your superior knowledge on this Dave. I've never tried any of the real high end earphones, i.e. the €250+ mark, so it's impossible for me to say. I'd love to know how much of a difference there really is, especially regarding the perceived frequency range. There has to be glass ceiling?

I wouldn't say knowledge, just my experience. I've had a progression of earphones of various types going back to about 1994 to now - starting with budget in-ear for about a tenner up to the Sennheiser IE8s and the HD650s. The biggest surge in upgrades though would have been really over the last 4 or 5 years and I genuinely find quite a difference every time I upgrade. Unless of course its all in my head. Wait a minute...

I wasn't being sarky when I said "knowledge" I just know that you've more experience there.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I wasn't being sarky when I said "knowledge" I just know that you've more experience there.

Ah I know - but I wanted to differentiate as I don't really consider it to be knowledge, simply my experience. So I thought it was important to note :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

On thursday night I DJed at the same night as Dj Rankin. Dreams come true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Thing is though you do actually notice a difference as you upgrade. I think we've discussed this here before but anytime I move up a notch with IEMs I always think how the fck could they sound any better, then I move up again and ask the same question... where does it end?!

Clearly its more than just frequency response but interesting that they increase the range in expensive sets.

Interesting to hear (sic). You must have looked after your hearing better than I did, or just made better purchases. For home use I upgraded from a €40 pair of Audio Technicas to a supposedly €200ish pair of TMA1s (on the €80 deal) and wasn't particularly impressed. Likewise I went from Senn's CX300s to Apple dual driver IEMs which were well reviewed most places and still go back to the CX300s when I don't need the iphone controls on the others.
    As I said though, my hearing hasn't been minded well. Most of my working life has been around construction and machinery.

As for making sense of the improvements outside of the adult hearing range being audible; generally speaking it's a good idea to keep the working range of anything well inside it's actual range so I guess the comfort zone is bigger in the phones with the greater range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Was anyone at Levon Vincent in TP at the weekend? Any reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

It was ok, not great. Not a bad gig or anything but it just kinda plodded along and it wasn't really memorable at all. I love his records so maybe I was expecting too much.

For fans of comedy

http://billburr.com/merch

ianuss wrote: »
    For fans of comedy

http://billburr.com/merch

That links to someone trying to take money off me

• Advertisement

About €4 for an hour of laughs is pretty good value imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

http://www.adverts.ie/other-dj-equipment/skull-candies-dj-headphones/2185792

Broken?
    Nooo!
    They're one of a kind DJ headphones.

Broken?
    Nooo!

Ha. Good sales pitch!

I suppose you've all heard/seen this? Bloody hilarious, and tragic in equal measures.

milltown wrote: »

Broken?
    Nooo!

Turns out they're not broken - just single sided.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I don't know… 'Only a handful of clubs play niche music shocker!!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Clanket wrote: »

Cue moral outrage and how this never happened when we were younger with a lot of hand wringing debate about what to do with the youth of today and cyber bullying and propose banning mobile phones for anyone under 21 because it's the fault of telecommunications that the kids are fighting don't you know.

Happened all the time with lads in my day but have to say I've never seen two girls bating each other.

Camera phones really have changed things for kids these days. They can't do anything without someone recording it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Would imagine it's a rare enough occurrence, hence the recording and viral spread?

Straight for the hair too. Women are vicious and evil.

Jaysis lads, it's certainly not rare. Girls can ve just as bad as lads when it comes to fighting. It's horrible to watch though.

I do pity kids these days with the prevalence of camera phones. All your fighting glories left on youtube for prosperity. Nightmare images of my fighting past being there for all to laugh at.

I don't know… 'Only a handful of clubs play niche music shocker!!!'

The point is that for a city with a metropolitan area of 1.8 million, the choice available is dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

ianuss wrote: »
    Straight for the hair too. Women are vicious and evil.
    And they smell.

• Advertisement

That link just keeps crashing my browser.

Advertisement