Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tednicholas

haha brilliant thread... hawin is a legend

dj rankin is brutal! hawtin is king

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

The point is that for a city with a metropolitan area of 1.8 million, the choice available is dire.

Dunno if that's even true tbh. Tonight you have a choice of Bleak or Ben UFO. Every week there's a big act over, some nights you even have choices of which major act you'd like to see. Next month sees Rob Hood and Untold playing the same night. The Kitchen is back open and the Button Factory seem to be booking decent acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Please, tell me more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

haha brilliant thread... hawin is a legend

fry.PNG?1307468855

I've got some time on my hands. Anyone want a row?

joker77 wrote: »

On the Liffey?

I'm sure you'll find a couple of young wans in Cork up for a scrap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

ianuss wrote: »
    Dunno if that's even true tbh. Tonight you have a choice of Bleak or Ben UFO. Every week there's a big act over, some nights you even have choices of which major act you'd like to see. Next month sees Rob Hood and Untold playing the same night. The Kitchen is back open and the Button Factory seem to be booking decent acts.

Fair enough, I try and keep an eye on what's going on over there and it just seems like so little choice compared to similar size UK cities.

Not doubting there is some good stuff on. TP book some great acts. But the choice of different genres of electronic music just seems below what it should be to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Macs are better than PC's

Clanket wrote: »
    Macs are better than PC's
    Bit of an old one innit?

Both are becoming more and more redundant anyhow. Legacy technology for the average home user.

Fair enough, I try and keep an eye on what's going on over there and it just seems like so little choice compared to similar size UK cities.

Not doubting there is some good stuff on. TP book some great acts. But the choice of different genres of electronic music just seems below what it should be to me.

Yeah, I know what you're saying about lack of choice. And it's true compared to what it was like years ago. I think the whole dance music scene has just shrunk massively in Dublin over the years and that's why there isn't as much choice as there used to be. There are nights for various styles of music but they seem to be sporadic, rather than weekly. There was D'n'B in the Basement of TP when Boddika was over (I think). It's all to do with numbers though. If people aren't arsed going to gigs promoters can't be booking nights

Bit of an old one innit?

Both are becoming more and more redundant anyhow. Legacy technology for the average home user.

Hows about Iphones are better than Android :D

I honestly think people are reporting the death of the home PC prematurely.

There was D'n'B in the Basement of TP when Boddika was over (I think).
    There's D'n'B there most Fridays isn't there? Any time I've ambled in of a Friday it's been on, and relatively empty

racist computers lol what next!! cool chrome add

Hows about Iphones are better than Android :D

I honestly think people are reporting the death of the home PC prematurely.
    iPhone is better than Android. Ok I'll entertain you. Go on - tell me more

but on the second point - You Are Wrong. If you are saying the home PC as we know it the last few years isn't dying.
    PC's for most people are glorified browsers. Which they can now do pretty easily over smartphones / tablets.

What are you sh1te-ing on about?

Yore ma needs a kick in the face and a blast of piss from an Atari Jaguar

There's D'n'B there most Fridays isn't there? Any time I've ambled in of a Friday it's been on, and relatively empty

Is there? I dunno. Any time I'm in there on a Friday I never end up leaving the Basement. I think there's something about Friday gigs there that are just deadly for some reason.

• Advertisement

Is there? I dunno. Any time I'm in there on a Friday I never end up leaving the Basement. I think there's something about Friday gigs there that are just deadly for some reason.
    at our age, having the whole weekend to recover is what's deadly

at our age, having the whole weekend to recover is what's deadly

Yeah,it's like Sunday actually exists as a day again

Yeah,it's like Sunday actually exists as a day again
    Being in a jocker is actually mildy pleasurable on a Saturday. On a Sunday it's just the feeling of impending doom.

Speaking of tablets I'm seriously considering jumping on the bandwagon.

That 32GB Nexus 7 looks decent.

but on the second point - You Are Wrong. If you are saying the home PC as we know it the last few years isn't dying.
    PC's for most people are glorified browsers. Which they can now do pretty easily over smartphones / tablets.

The biggest problems with PCs is that for the vast majority of people they are too complicated. As you've send, most people just use them for browsing/Farcebook/emails, etc. That's why Apple got it so right with the iPad/iPhone. They've done away with the complicated stuff for the average user. Which imo is a great thing because it's starting to do away with the dreaded "You work with computers......." phone call from family.

I'm only messing about the Iphone v Android. I've never had an Android phone so have no idea what they're like. The one thing that does concern me with them is the lack of quality control on the apps that get developed. Don't apple vet every app developed for IOS whereas anyone can make and sell an app for Android. Surely that creates a possible security issue?

I suppose you're right about the PC market as we know it now dying. The shift towards tablets, smart TV's etc etc is there to see. But I do think there'll always be people that use computers for other things, and the likes of IMac's and other powerful desktops will survive.

Yea the Nexus would be the way to go for me.

Or if I had a fancy telly - something like this - an Android device the side of a pen drive that you just plug into the telly. (by fancy telly I mean a flat screen that has a HDMI input...)

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57439660-1/android-mini-computer-selling-for-just-$74/

I'm only messing about the Iphone v Android. I've never had an Android phone so have no idea what they're like. The one thing that does concern me with them is the lack of quality control on the apps that get developed. Don't apple vet every app developed for IOS whereas anyone can make and sell an app for Android. Surely that creates a possible security issue?

I suppose you're right about the PC market as we know it now dying. The shift towards tablets, smart TV's etc etc is there to see. But I do think there'll always be people that use computers for other things, and the likes of IMac's and other powerful desktops will survive.
    Which do you think is better and will survive longer - an open ecosystem or a closed shop? Apple will fail on this, long term. As they did before.

Of course there'll always be a need for PCs. Just not for the average home user.

Being in a jocker is actually mildy pleasurable on a Saturday. On a Sunday it's just the feeling of impending doom.

Especially come 2 pm, the beer is drunk, the weed gone, your knob is the size of a cocktail sausage and some gimp insists on playing euro trance
    The Horror

• Advertisement

But I do think there'll always be people that use computers for other things, and the likes of IMac's and other powerful desktops will survive.

The need for powerful desktops is fading fast with cloud computing tbh.

Advertisement