Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Personally I'm quite cynical of the whole Leinster rugby supporters brigade. It seems more of a aspirational lifestyle choice more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Big time. It's a load of BS. Where were all these 'fans' pre-Heineken Cup? And I have to listen to people go on about supporting a 'home team' as if they're doing it out of some sort of land based patriotism. How many of these people would be going out to games and supporting teams in the Irish national club league if there was no provincial rugby? Fack all! These people are just lucky that such a thing exists in rugby.

If there was the equivalent in soccer you'd have loads of people supporting them. If there was a Leinster/Munster or whatever winning the Champions League then every kid would follow them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

There are fair weather fans for everything. And no matter how fair weather they are, it's not analogous to people in Ireland supporting English soccer teams from places they've never been to. I've no problem with people supporting English teams btw, it's the referring to them as 'we' and 'us' that I find silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

It's the Leinster supporter railing on the fan of a UK soccer team for their tenuous ties to a club was my point, initially anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Personally I'm quite cynical of the whole Leinster rugby supporters brigade. It seems more of a aspirational lifestyle choice more than anything else.

A bit harsh, I've been going for years as has my brother, both season ticket holders, there are loads of genuine fans, true there are some embarrassing newbie types, but that is what success brings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Come on lads. What the hell is wrong with supporting Leinster. They are anyone in Leinster's local rugby team. What credentials do you have to have to be allowed support them? So what if they're kind of a made up team (if you can call it that) but the creation of the provinces in Rugby was a necessity when the game went professional. It's also been very good for Irish rugby.

Are you only allowed support the team that is literally up the road?

I love Rugby and if I had the time I'd defo have a season ticket for Leinster. When my two lads are bigger, I'll be bringing them to all the games. I also support the school I went to in the schools rugby.

Support is an individual thing and there's no rules. The point I made the other day was that I can't listen to people going on as though they personally achieved something through their team. They didn't. They just watched a match in which the team they supported won (or lost). It's usually football fans (of which I am a big one) and the way they do it is to slag everyone around them that doesn't follow their team. As though they are somehow better because they follow this or that team. Idiots.

francois wrote: »
    A bit harsh, I've been going for years as has my brother, both season ticket holders, there are loads of genuine fans, true there are some embarrassing newbie types, but that is what success brings

All true Francois and maybe I should've added the phrase "in a lot of cases" I'm quite cynical. I find it akin to the culchie girl D4 accent. It's almost like they're handed the accent as soon as they cross the Dublin border.

In other news, see "The UCI is suspending legal action against journalist Paul Kimmage pending the findings of an independent commission"

Bleeding clowns!

Thought this was funny too. It's long but it's certainly very interesting given the latest doping revelations in the cycling world.

Look who the guy is that chimes in from the audience.

Clanket, the comments were mainly in response to what people were saying about following "foreign" teams

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

Alot of pathetic D4 types following Leinster which I use as an excuse to hate them despite munster having ****loads of posh idiots at their matches too. I started going to heineken games in 1999 but lost interest in the provincial game these days, too many bandwagoners. I prefer to go to AIL games now. I certainly don't feel the connection to my province that I feel with my football club, Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Under what jurisdiction can you be fined? I know they can take signs and banners off you (which the FAI have done plenty of times at Lansdowne), but stopping you singing and then fining you?
    I don't understand it to be honest it's a load of bollix, we got handed flyers a couple of times from our board asking us to stop singing it.
    The only team that I'd support with any real passion would be the Irish Team. I go to nearly all the home games and have travelled when funds have permitted. I genuinely get upset when they lose (which has been quite a lot lately!) but I wouldn't be distraught the way you see some people get when Arsenal or Liverpool or whatever English team lose, that's something I don't get.
    Agreed, to be honest I'm annoyed by it all. People can not complain about the standard of our national team, the bare facts are the LOI is poorly supported because it's ****e an the reason its ****e because its poorly supported. If we had a decent domestic league we wouldn't have to rely on English clubs to develop our players and in turn the standard of players in our domestic league would improve because they are playing against a better standard.

Will the FAI address this issue? Will they ****, they get paid too much not to give a ****. I'm disillusioned by it all, I don't even care about the national team I just want to see Shels doing well an that's it.

People can go support English teams all they want, I don't blame them, why would you support an LOI club? The FAI don't do anything to encourage you, the facilities are below par and the football on display is not attractive.

What can be done? I haven't a clue but I do no what's being done now ain't enough.

185046_4851265888936_1975177351_n.jpg

Why am I moaning sure aren't we the best fans in the world :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Anyone interested in helping form a Sarcastaball league? I've got a good creamy feeling inside about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

The latest episode was brilliant and tonights is going to be about Livestrong :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yeah was a brilliant episode - they are really back on form at the moment. Sweet, I can't wait to see what they do to Lance! I have to say I absolutely love the whole Armstrong fiasco.. Fascinating...

Apparently Gangham Style is going to be the first video to reach 1 Billion views on youtube... http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonykosner/2012/10/28/simple-statistics-gangnam-style-will-be-first-video-to-hit-1-billion-views/ - well at least it's not Bieber..

1 Billion? Wow.

Does that mean the record company makes a fortune from Youtube views alone?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Good point, really not sure. I was chatting to a someone who is close to getting a record deal in London right now - aiming at pop market - and the way artists and writers etc get signed these days is totally different to how it used to be. Record companies seem pretty evil..

Jesus I hope those firing were killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Wedding DJs - how many of you were tempted to get into that game?

Let's be honest, it fecking pays well, regular work, if you're any use as a DJ it's a relatively easy gig - very repetitious.

I've honestly never really seriously considered it. Did a few 21st's bitd (late 90s) - that was enough to know that I couldn't hack the drunken idiots.

I've done a few 21st and the likes down through the years, and for a serious musician like myself (ha) it's a total headwreck. Drunken fools just melt your brain.

I actually did a 40th recently which was brilliant because it was for a friend so I could play anything I wanted (within reason), so it was just a load of older house stuff mixed up with some newer stuff. Gave me a real goo :D

Did a couple for mates-after the traditional wedding DJ had done his bit
    For my own wedding I asked on the invite for everyone to nominate a song they would like to hear, and stuck a setlist on a laptop, job done, no head wreck and everything fron englebert humperdinck to the stranglers was played

• Advertisement

That's a great idea Francois

Did a couple for mates-after the traditional wedding DJ had done his bit
    For my own wedding I asked on the invite for everyone to nominate a song they would like to hear, and stuck a setlist on a laptop, job done, no head wreck and everything fron englebert humperdinck to the stranglers was played
    Yea but I'm talking about being the traditional wedding DJ

Ever contemplate being a 'mobile wedding DJ', complete with rig, for the dosh?

joker77 wrote: »

I dunno, I think it'd be akin to joining the FCA when you were turned down for the army.

I dunno, I think it'd be akin to joining the FCA when you were turned down for the army.
    ha ha

In this situation, I'd argue there's more money in the FCA though.

I dunno, as I say it's not something I'd ever really contemplated at all, just kind of sickening the money that's in the racket.

I don't have the chest hair for it

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

I did the whole mobile dj thing for a few years alrite, I still regularly do commercial gigs (pubs and clubs) pretty much every weekend. Its paid my way through college, was my full time job for a while after college and its a handy sideline now that i'm gone doing an apprenticeship. I'm well used to dealing with all the ****, the drunken *****, the hen parties, the coked up manager pricks and playing music that turned my stomach but i've had great craic and I do get enjoyment out of it!

Could definitely think of worse ways of making a few quid.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I've not had one penalty point on my license or any fines in about 16 years driving - roadworks on the M1 after the airport exit have now clocked up 6 points and €240 in fines over a 2 week period in October. I got home about 2 weeks ago to the first fine and have driven like a bleedin snail since... got home tonight to another two dated prior to receiving the first. I am seriously pissed off :(

Does this make a big difference now to insurance?

Tonight was to be a night without a glass of wine but I've made a swift change to that...

Think if you get more than 4 your insurance will take a slight hit yea, so that's pretty sh*tty getting them without being able to correct your driving.

Any thoughts on appealing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Is there not a certain amount of time you have to receive notification by for it to vaild (10 days or something) or is that just urban myth? Once you have four or more points it affects your insurance. Losing half my points in a two week period would be enough to make me go postal I reckon.

Advertisement