Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Don't suppose anyone here was at that Home Star Runner gig that all this fuss is about? Wouldn't mind knowing more, because all I can see is a load of slanderous allegations without proof, which is pissing me off, because I do a good bit for Crawdaddy.

There's an article on Goldenplec giving out about the bouncers and Crawdaddy, but then they give a statement from Pod which says none of the allegations were true after reviewing the CCTV, and the video shows people throwing bottles and ashtrays. Seems like bollox to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I was chattin about it to a girl last night - I guess we can only wait to see if it goes to court.

Starting a facebook page 'bands against crawdaddy' is fairly childish.

Just found out the orchestra I'm in in Trinity (I play double bass) are playing Daft Punk's Discovery, the full album, during the year. Stupidly excited for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Does that do €900 more than two X1s does?! Doesn't look like it from here...Jesus, you could get two X1s, a soundcard, and a hardware mixer for that price, and have money left over to buy a box of smokes to smoke while you play with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Man i just laughed my balls off there.....have to share this with ya,

Was over on after hours just browsing for anything absurd & i came across the 'List of legendary boards threads. ' , One of them on it is entitled,
    Face Kicker Not a thread but a person. He had a short life on boards but he gave us all the kick in the face we needed.

He made four posts in one day over 7 minutes but the first one he made which is last on the list is hilarious once you read the original post he is replying to......check it out, i have to say i laughed at his post even more once i read the original post.

Face Kicker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

yeah that facekicker thing is the funniest thing i've ever read. only discovered it last year.

jtsuited wrote: »
    yeah that facekicker thing is the funniest thing i've ever read. only discovered it last year.

Yes it is funny as fu.ck.......i laughed out loud by myself i would say for at least 30 seconds & smiled for while after it to:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Yes it is funny as fu.ck.......i laughed out loud by myself i would say for at least 30 seconds & smiled for while after it to:D

:D laughin me head off here man

Now this is just after throwing me completley,

Just had 'Trancesetters - secrets of meditation (shi take mix)' banging out there & the chap thats in working the nights here with me says,
    Now i like that track, me brother is into all that type of stuff.....he like Tu-Pac and all that

:eek::confused::eek::confused::mad::confused::mad:

What!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Just found out the orchestra I'm in in Trinity (I play double bass) are playing Daft Punk's Discovery, the full album, during the year. Stupidly excited for this.

Will you just turn on the CD and pretend you're playing it like Daft Punk do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

see the conductor's face light up when you put some wobble into the double bass :p

The REAL Kenny Powers. Absolutely insane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭ianuss

that link's dead.........

old gregg wrote: »
    see the conductor's face light up when you put some wobble into the double bass :p

Just have to figure out a way to get my double bass through some LFO :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ciarakitten

Yeah I know. Interesting Christina Aguilera has copied this video for her latest album which is inspired by lady GaGa.

Is it copying or is it inspired creativity. Who can say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Yeah I know. Interesting Christina Aguilera has copied this video for her latest album which is inspired by lady GaGa.

who really cares

Just have to figure out a way to get my double bass through some LFO :pac:

I know you're not being serious but Piezo/Bridge Pickup -> Moog MF102

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

If I spread my ass cheeks apart and draw a moustache and glasses right above my hole it looks kind of like Willie O’Dea sucking on a boiled sweet.

Do you think he'd be offended by this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭francois

If I spread my ass cheeks apart and draw a moustache and glasses right above my hole it looks kind of like Willie O’Dea sucking on a boiled sweet.

Do you think he'd be offended by this?

As long as you vote for him he couldn't care less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

This thread..........
    doing_it_wrong_soccer.jpg

Speaking of blatant copying. Anyone see the new Basement Jaxx track? Literally 90% the same as Dustin Zahn - Stranger to Stability (Len Faki Mix).

jimi_t2 wrote: »

Piezo/Bridge Pickup -> Moog MF102

Hell yea :p

jimi_t2 wrote: »

Who says I'm not serious ;)

ianuss wrote: »
    that link's dead.........

Strange that as it is an internal boards link.......heres the link edited just to bring you to Face Kickers page.........cllick on 'Find all posts' & then go to the last one as outlined in my post.........you will laugh,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68031371&postcount=787

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Speaking of blatant copying. Anyone see the new Basement Jaxx track? Literally 90% the same as Dustin Zahn - Stranger to Stability (Len Faki Mix).

That can't be right surely?
    Dustin and/or Len would have to be credited, no?

milltown wrote: »
    That can't be right surely?
    Dustin and/or Len would have to be credited, no?

Nothings sampled, it's just seriously ripped off. I think there's a law about how different something has to be so you can get away with it as an original track, and that track must be just on the line...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I very much doubt it. Remember years back (or maybe you don't, I'm showing my age here) Huey Lewis took a court case against Ray Parker Jr. for ripping off "I want a new drug" for the Ghostbusters theme? When you heard the two songs you thought "yeah ok, I can hear a similarity". That Basement Jaxx tune is pretty much the exact same song though.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    In 1984, Ray Parker Jr. was signed by the producers of Ghostbusters to develop the film's title song. Later that year, Huey Lewis and the News sued Parker, citing the similarities between the Ghostbusters theme song and their earlier hit "I Want a New Drug". According to Huey Lewis and the News, this was especially damaging to them since the Ghostbusters theme song was so popular, rising to number one on the charts for three weeks. Parker and Lewis later settled out of court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The best case of a band getting done for plagiarism is Oasis for their Whatever song.

Neil Innes was in a Beatles tribute/p1sstake band. :D

• Advertisement

The Verve being caught on Bitter Sweet Symphony by Andrew Loog Oldham and my old mates Mick n' Keef was pretty big too.

Advertisement