Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Anyone going to this talk this evening in the Twisted Pepper?

http://m.bodytonicmusic.com/events/mezz/2010/aug/19/banter-ins-outs-running-irish-festival/
    Just as everyone thinks they can write a book, everyone also thinks they can run a festival. Yeah, you know ‘em, the ones who went to Sonar or Glastonbury or Life and reckoned they could do it themselves. But as the adage goes, the easiest way to make a million yoyos in the live music business is to start out with 10 million. Too many chancers, too many fly-by-night boyos and too many numpties have come, had a go and left unpaid bills behind.

Meet Cillian Stewart from Castle Palooza and Paul Brown from the Earagail Arts Festival, two people who know the pressures, strains, stresses and occasional triumphs of putting on events in Ireland. They talk turkey about what’s involved in their events, the hassles they face, the financial problems they have to solve and the reason why they do it. Come along, ask some questions and perhaps steal a few ideas for your own festival.

In conversation with Jim Carroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

For anyone with even a slight interest in 'trading' (stock markets), I highly recommend this documentary. Really entertaining take on it.

http://www.babelgum.com/browser.php#play/SEARCH,channelID:180638,order:FEATURED,hint_editorial:%2fshuffle/0,5003507

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wow Kobra is a Sh1thole. Shouldnt have let them talk me out of PK.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

^Drunkpost^ :rolleyes:

Gotta say fair play to HTFR, stocks shortage so they've offered me a free £10 upgrade. Good CS despite some very negative views of them online. :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Anyone going to this talk this evening in the Twisted Pepper?

http://m.bodytonicmusic.com/events/mezz/2010/aug/19/banter-ins-outs-running-irish-festival/
    Did you go? I've been to two before and they were very good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

This is a question on Yahoo Answers:

YahooAnswers15.png

Can you work out the song???
    Darude - Sandstorm
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

^Drunkpost^ :rolleyes:

Gotta say fair play to HTFR, stocks shortage so they've offered me a free £10 upgrade. Good CS despite some very negative views of them online. :)

very surprised to hear that. i've never seen more people get more angry on the internet than when talking about htfr's customer support.

Fuk sake Lethal, have you not switched to Hardwax yet? Jeff sort him out with your employee discount would you! :D

Zascar wrote: »
    Fuk sake Lethal, have you not switched to Hardwax yet? Jeff sort him out with your employee discount would you! :D

I would give my left nut to work there. It's pretty odd getting confirmation emails written by Rene Pawlowitz when ordering from there (although since his new album came along he doesn't seem to be doing the back room mailing stuff anymore).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Oh god my head. Fuck you, Arthur.

• Advertisement

jtsuited wrote: »
    I would give my left nut to work there. It's pretty odd getting confirmation emails written by Rene Pawlowitz when ordering from there (although since his new album came along he doesn't seem to be doing the back room mailing stuff anymore).
    Is that Shed/Wax? Haha no way that's mad...

Did you go? I've been to two before and they were very good.

Yeah, left after about 40 mins as I literally had sweat pouring off me inside in the mezz - the place was packed and absolutely sweltering, and they couldn't even open the hatch in the roof as it was lashing.

To be honest it was a major disappointment. Some members of my family are involved in smaller scale event management, running gigs up to about 1k people and that sort of thing; stuff I'd have been involved in and so would have been hoping to pick up some useful tips from the talk, maybe a funny anecdote or two.

Unfortunately the two guys seemed very underprepared and a bit daunted by it at all. Lots of stuttering, meandering answers with little real info. The guy from Hot Press was alright but overall it wouldn't inspire me to go to one of those again. I think there's a podcast up anyway

Is that Shed/Wax? Haha no way that's mad...

the very one. don't think he appreciated my 'zomg omfg man, you're my fcukin hero man':o reply to one of them though! Although he did say thanks (he's legendarily anti-social).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

You can give me some head, but keep the breakfast in bed, I'd rather spend my morning diggin' through some records instead

Chronic 2001 is so good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

There was a remix competition with the help of Neurojazz (now finished) over in the Dance Music Production forum with Stab City being the deserved winner.

Check out all the remixes done on the soundcloud group page:

http://soundcloud.com/groups/boards-ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

There was a remix competition with the help of Neurojazz (now finished) over in the Dance Music Production forum with Stab City being the deserved winner.

Check out all the remixes done on the soundcloud group page:

http://soundcloud.com/groups/boards-ie

Thanks android!! Ya was some deadly stuff submitted.. looks like this weeks is alot harder!!:eek:

Guys has anyone done the West Cost USA thing? My Thailand plans have changed, now heading to California & Las Vegas :D. Flying to LA, renting car and driving to Vegas for Halloween, few days there, not sure what after that, but hopefully do the entire coast, maybe Mexico, possibly up to San Fran. Need some ideas..

Are there any decent clubs out that way or do they all just plan cheesy chart & R&B shyte?

i am very very jealous of you Colly, although I'd go to San Francisco rather than LA (given my well documented inability of dealing with thick people!).

Watched a movie yesterday that was fcukin great. Really really heavy going but the score is fcuking phenomenal (sounds like Aphex and Autechre wrote it tbh - even though they didn't).

Seriously, go watch this movie and it'll grab you by the balls........DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT watch this movie in an altered state (or coming down from said altered state).

• Advertisement

That movie looks mad I'll check it out
    i am very very jealous of you Colly, although I'd go to San Francisco rather than LA (given my well documented inability of dealing with thick people!).
    Yeah I've heard LA is not great I want to do the whole drive from LA to San Fran along the coast. Jeff LA can't be much different from the whole of the US in terms of Stupid people in fairness :p

Yeah I've heard LA is not great I want to do the whole drive from LA to San Fran along the coast. Jeff LA can't be much different from the whole of the US in terms of Stupid people in fairness :p

In my limited experience of the states, the people are widely diverse intellectually based on geography. Tbf, the northeast is a world away from the rest of the country when it comes to attitudes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

That movie looks mad I'll check it out

I not one to tar an entire nation with a brush but if this girl represents america in general be careful over there chief:D

http://www.snotr.com/video/675

In my limited experience of the states, the people are widely diverse intellectually based on geography. Tbf, the northeast is a world away from the rest of the country when it comes to attitudes etc.

I'm pretty sure there's a direct correlation between IQ and geography in the US. The further south and west you go the lower the IQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

ianuss wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there's a direct correlation between IQ and geography. The further south and west you go the lower the IQ.
    Would have thought the further inland you go the lower the IQ, for the States?

Have still never been. Must really plan for New York next year. There's just so many other interesting places to go in the world....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Colly, are you gonna take everybody's advice again only to change your mind and end up in Iraq or Azerbaijan? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Diego Smartly

I was just in Burritos and Blues there on Camden st getting some lunch and there was a horrible attempt at tryin to film for that jason byrne show Anonymous.

Someone dressed as a nun shouting and giving out about some of the words on the menu. It was so fcukin obvious it was painful. The only funny thing about it was the collective eye roll in the place and everyone knowing straight away.

joker77 wrote: »
    Would have thought the further inland you go the lower the IQ, for the States?

Have still never been. Must really plan for New York next year. There's just so many other interesting places to go in the world....

New York is my favourite place in the world. Great city and really nice people, despite the bad rep they have. Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ianuss wrote: »
    New York is my favourite place in the world. Great city and really nice people, despite the bad rep they have. Can't recommend it highly enough.
    Yeah, absolutely amazing place. Was there for the first time last year and it was one of the best holidays I've ever been on. So much to see and do. And the people were extremely friendly.....can't say the same for Bostonians though!

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Colly, are you gonna take everybody's advice again only to change your mind and end up in Iraq or Azerbaijan? :D
    Haha!! I'd love to go to Iraq or Azerbaijan!

That video is priceless Is Mise!

Advertisement