Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

eh was he a dj pissed off by the lack of paying gigs around or just an electronic techno music fan who finally had enough of the Tripod and wanted to be heard....??

NO?

Welll then why the f**k is it in this thread?

Point taken, maybe the Mods can move it to the random thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

We need a revolution, maybe we can start one from boards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Fair balls to him. About time direct action was used to show those fcukers how they are ruining this country.

To put it into context, read this article by David McWilliams (can't stand him) the opening of the article is quite scary in relation to Ireland and Iceland.

http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/2010/09/27/recovery-is-going-to-be-local?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Davidmcwilliams+%28DavidMcWilliams.ie%29

Yesterday the cost of long term borrowing rose to 6.9%. We are fooked!

Good article.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

check this out,
    turns any webpage into a shooting gallery for your won little spaceship.

great fun for a few minutes

http://erkie.github.com/

eh was he a dj pissed off by the lack of paying gigs around or just an electronic techno music fan who finally had enough of the Tripod and wanted to be heard....??

NO?

Welll then why the f**k is it in this thread?
    ah leave it here.no point in moving it to after hours,that place is full of unfunny pricks who turn every thread to ****e.

id prefer to hear people from this forums views on stuff and not some other forum that i dont frequent.

but to be honest i dont really give a **** about this topic but im up for posting off topic subject up here

• Advertisement

seannash wrote: »
    ah leave it here.no point in moving it to after hours,that place is full of unfunny pricks who turn every thread to ****e.

id prefer to hear people from this forums views on stuff and not some other forum that i dont frequent.

but to be honest i dont really give a **** about this topic but im up for posting off topic subject up here

Yes i do agree with ya sean with wanting to hear the regulars on here what they make of this, certainly dont move it off this forum just into the random thread if it is to be moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

finally someone who had the balls to have his voice heard.. some reports say he stopped short of the gates so i wonder if he actually didnt cause any damage is he still liable for prosecution? my hero..

Stab*City wrote: »
    finally someone who had the balls to have his voice heard.. some reports say he stopped short of the gates so i wonder if he actually didnt cause any damage is he still liable for prosecution? my hero..

Yep early reports said he rammed the gates, it turns out he didnt, illegal parking & dangerous driving would probably be what he can be charged with under the law.........should have fuc.king rammed the bastard straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

an electronic & DJ'ing forum fund to help pay his parking fine? I'd drop a tenner into that just to make a statement.

In my case it would be 'old ravers against the government' or something frank gallagher-ish :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I think this proves beyond any shadow of a doubt, that we actually have a real community here.

Of course we're a community of drug devouring degenerates, but a community nonetheless.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

jtsuited wrote: »
    I think this proves beyond any shadow of a doubt, that we actually have a real community here.

Of course we're a community of drug devouring degenerates, but a community nonetheless.

I have no truck with that…

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭brianc27

dont move the thread, leave it here, a bit of non music stuff every now and then does no harm, it more interesting then the latest traktor controller or fvcking asylum thread

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Much and all as I'd like to have completely off topic threads, the rules say otherwise and that's why we have the random thread... no reason why such topics can't be discussed at length here.

I wonder what he was listening to when he rammed the gates?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

How ingenious is this? I love beautiful design like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Realise most of you aren't into it, but ZZT's new track Zzafrika got promo'd today, so there's a 320 stream on my blog. Quite like their last track The Worm. So good.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    How ingenious is this? I love beautiful design like this.

Thats brilliant - amazing how with so much in the way of technological advances over the years, the 3 pin plug is pretty much unchanged. I love the multi adaptor plug idea at the end. The people behind that should be on to a sure $$$winner$$$

Thats the thing about technology though, there can be a real 'if it ain't broke' attitude towards certain things.

There was a great show on BBC years with two renowned product designers (there was something similar with Phillipe Starck recently) where they would take an ordinary everyday product and try to redesign it. Some great ideas. I think they came up with the cordless/concealed element kettle on it. I'd love the work at something like that.

While we're on design, a little did you know factoid......

What's the most designed object?
    ......... A Chair .......

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Thats the thing about technology though, there can be a real 'if it ain't broke' attitude towards certain things.

There was a great show on BBC years with two renowned product designers (there was something similar with Phillipe Starck recently) where they would take an ordinary everyday product and try to redesign it. Some great ideas. I think they came up with the cordless/concealed element kettle on it. I'd love the work at something like that.

While we're on design, a little did you know factoid......

What's the most designed object?
    ......... A Chair .......

I agree with the 'if it ain't broke' logic alright but when you think about it, the 3 pin plug has been a pain in the ass for a long time... especially with multitudes of devices hanging out of plug boards etc... I know this won't solve the mess of cables but it should certainly tidy it up somewhat. I've worked in consumer electronics for about 15 years now in one shape or form and this is one of the cooler developments I've seen!

Although, could be because one of my first tasks as a part timer in Harry Moores on Henry Street was to remove 2 pin plugs from figure 8 leads and replace with 3 pins. :D Bags and bags of them, its no wonder I went out that night and got off my face.

Haha. :)

I agree with you though. 3 pins are a real pain, especially when you stand on one in your bare feet! :/

The great thing about this design, and all great design for that matter, is it's simplicity, and that "why didn't I think of that?!" factor. I'd be surprised if it doesn't catch on tbh.

I also have to admit that I didn't watch the vid all the way through until you mentioned the multi-plug adaptor. It really makes the whole concept a €$£winner€$£ :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

jimi_t2 wrote: »

I don't think that's funny at all. It's really poor journalism and adds nothing to a serious issue.

Unemplyment isn't funny. Emigration isn't funny. Debt isn't funny. I only hope that it's some kid on the other end of the camera and not an adult.

Well done, you put a 'butt plug' in front of some politicans on camera - you must be so proud?!

ianuss wrote: »

Unemplyment isn't funny. Emigration isn't funny. Debt isn't funny. I only hope that it's some kid on the other end of the camera and not an adult.

?!

Ahh come on now, dont say you wernt in convulsions this morning when you heard the final figure Ireland has been put into debt for with Anglo was,

€34,000,000,000

Or that AIB are now a state owned bank, but at least they got their projections right that it would only be around,

€10,000,000,000

We would have to put Ireland into further debt for.

But the best one is that its being borrowed at 6.9% off the "International Financial Community", .......Now that's gas.

No wait wait.......the real joke of them all was that sure up to yesterday the man running the country didnt know what the actual final figure was going to be & that no one forseen this cataclismic recession coming back in 2008.......Now that is a fuc.king joke laced with sarcasm,

'We didnt know this was coming & arent sure how much it is going to cost:rolleyes:'
    ........Snigger, snigger, snigger.

Ahh come on now, dont say you wernt in convulsions this morning when you heard the final figure Ireland has been put into debt for with Anglo was,

€34,000,000,000

Or that AIB are now a state owned bank, but at least they got their projections right that it would only be around,

€10,000,000,000

Are you doing your Binary posts again?

The whole debacle is an absolute disgrace. The amount of money being spunked away is almost beyond belief. And this morning, after ploughing even more in to a black hole, we're told that "at least the worst is behind us" - give me a fuppin break! How in the name of God have they come to that conclusion?????

It is the biggest con & shrewdest move in history,

Ireland is borrowing from the "International Financial Community" to cover the debt of Anglo Irish Bank.
    Where did this debt come from??

Anglo borrows 'money' back prior to 2008 from the "International Financial Community" & subsequently lends it on to its customers.
    The economics of the world come grinding to a halt as it has peaked its growth level & must decline.
    Its customers have not got the ability to pay back the 'money' it promised it would when afforeded the credit.
    The debt Anglo now has is being covered by yet another loan, so we are borrowing from peter to pay paul. One way or another the "International Financial Community" will continue to collect its debt it is owed from this country & many others.

Now heres for the sickener in all of this.........there was no money to begin with, its all done on a promissory system.

You should read this article in its entirety.

Ireland has simply been conned as has the rest of the world, our hard efforts over the next 20 years to repay all this promissory loaned 'money' was planned & executed at a precise time. We are being enslaved to private companies, sound crazy?

We are going to work our balls off for the next two decades at least, to repay a debt that has been promised by our government to private comanpies. i.e. The "International Financial Community".

Now if that is not a defintion of slavery then tell me what is,
    Slavery is any of a number of related conditions involving control of a person against his or her will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Modern day slavery, simple as that really.

Watched Zeitgeist again the other night, still the scariest thing I've ever seen.

Joker and Mise,get yourselves over to this forum.http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

some mad feckers over there but be prepared to become enraged by some peoples stupidity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

seannash wrote: »
    Joker and Mise,get yourselves over to this forum.http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

some mad feckers over there but be prepared to become enraged by some peoples stupidity

How could you be dealing with those lulas at all.

One example thread:
    One completely doolally asshat says that there is going to be a staged alien invasion so that a one world govenment can be set up… and everybody agrees with him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ

• Advertisement

i go in there all the time and feck me there are some seriously paranoid people in there.

i remember a fella telling us that his next door neighbour was a reptile.he went up to her and told her he was onto her and knew that she was a reptile

i mean cmon,can you imagine living next to that loon.

i kinda like arguing with them though.its satisfying when you debunk there theories beyond a shadow of a doubt

Advertisement