Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

seannash wrote: »
    i go in there all the time and feck me there are some seriously paranoid people in there.

i remember a fella telling us that his next door neighbour was a reptile.he went up to her and told her he was onto her and knew that she was a reptile

i mean cmon,can you imagine living next to that loon.

i kinda like arguing with them though.its satisfying when you debunk there theories beyond a shadow of a doubt

A brilliant exchange on the thread I linked to:

there is a strange looking man who lives at the bottom of my road,and every time he passes my gate ,he rubs his head on the gate post,could he be a alien ?or does he just have mad cow disease

And one of the moderators, I repeat a moderators, says:

If you just want to take the piss, don't post here.

Seriously, how could you not take the piss…

It people with no grip on reality fuelling other people's delusions. Strange, strange stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Joker and Mise,get yourselves over to this forum.http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

some mad feckers over there but be prepared to become enraged by some peoples stupidity

I have done in the past but the blatant (and somtimes chosen ignorance) annoys the cra.p outta me TBH.
    i go in there all the time and feck me there are some seriously paranoid people in there.

i remember a fella telling us that his next door neighbour was a reptile.he went up to her and told her he was onto her and knew that she was a reptile

i mean cmon,can you imagine living next to that loon.

i kinda like arguing with them though.its satisfying when you debunk there theories beyond a shadow of a doubt

Some seriously good ACID going around that neighborhood:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

people are convinced that lizard people rule the earth and that bush and alot of high profile politicians in every country are shapeshifting lizards.

its actually fascinating but sad at the same time to read what these people think.

theres some decent 9/11 discussions but again it goes weird when people suggest no planes hit the towers and that they were holograms ha ha.

great way to pass the time if your a bit of an insomniac

people are convinced that lizard people rule the earth and that bush and alot of high profile politicians in every country are shapeshifting lizards.

Its true............

live.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Just being reading one of there theories , where all being "farmed" lol
    and then where going to be "bar coded" :D

We better stop before one of there mods comes in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

its actually fascinating but sad at the same time to read what these people think.

theres some decent 9/11 discussions but again it goes weird when people suggest no planes hit the towers and that they were holograms ha ha.

great way to pass the time if your a bit of an insomniac
    The lizard thing stems from David Icke doesn't it? From Coventry goalkeeper to general nutjob! Heard his books make for interesting reading though

Have you seen Loose Change? That documentary is essential viewing on 9/11. There's clips of it in Zeitgeist, plus a hell of a lot more.

On the barcodes thing. We're not a million miles away from that with the introduction of that microchip embedded in US passports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

joker77 wrote: »

Have you seen Loose Change? .
    that is one of the most inaccurate but entertaining documentaries ever. complete bullsh1t but a good watch.

jtsuited wrote: »
    that is one of the most inaccurate but entertaining documentaries ever. complete bullsh1t but a good watch.
    Do enlighten me?

jtsuited wrote: »

Agreed it is not essential viewing, it is essentially a piece of sh1t.

At it's simplest, it's about how 2 planes could not have caused the 2 towers to collapse in the way they did. That's not even going into what caused tower 7 to collapse.

• Advertisement

Never seen it but when you put in terms that mahmoud ahmadinejad did in the UN last week it sounds a very thin story alright if you really expected to beleive,
    That a very powerful and complex terrorist group, able to successfully
    cross all layers of the American intelligence and security, carried out the
    attack. This is the main viewpoint advocated by American statesmen.

The main evidence linking the incident was a few passports found in the huge
    volume of rubble and a video of an individual whose place of domicile was
    unknown but it was announced that he had been involved in oil deals with
    some American officials. It was also covered up and said that due to the
    explosion and fire no trace of the suicide attackers was found.

No trace of the attackers found due to the explosion but their passports were:confused:

Assuming the viewpoint of the American government, is it rational to
    launch a classic war through widespread deployment of troops that led to the
    death of hundreds of thousands of people to counter a terrorist group?.

Never seen it but when you put in terms that mahmoud ahmadinejad did in the UN last week it sounds a very thin story alright if you really expected to beleive

You know, you're right. I mean Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has always been a voice of reason. Did he watch Loose Change too?

P.S Don't condone 'war on terror'
    P.S.S <<< that looks like piss right there.

You know, you're right. I mean Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has always been a voice of reason. Did he watch Loose Change too?

P.S Don't condone 'war on terror'
    P.S.S <<< that looks like piss right there.

Did you read the content of the quotes in my post?

Or just who i referenced?

Did you read the content of the quotes in my post?

Or just who i referenced?

I did read them and I never realised that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was a truth seeker like Jim Corr.

If you can, watch this, it gives a more rounded view of the rise of both militant islamist movements and neo-conservatism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_of_Nightmares

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

did i take a wrong turn somewhere?! :D

first day back in work in a month thanks to my collar bone, sh1te to be back, thank christ its almost over..and i have sasha to look forward to.

I've read both sides, to be fair there's also a lot of holes in that debunking site and a whole lot of omissions.

Haven't watched the Power of Nightmares, will look around for it. Have watched other Adam Curtis docs, The Trap was very good

Have you seen Loose Change? That documentary is essential viewing on 9/11. There's clips of it in Zeitgeist, plus a hell of a lot more.

to be honest even in the conspiracy theory forum loose change is considered a joke on both sides
    check this out

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3214024953129565561#

it basically shows you how inaccurate loose change is and also how the conspiracy theory is bull****.

give it a watch

I've read both sides, to be fair there's also a lot of holes in that debunking site and a whole lot of omissions.

Haven't watched the Power of Nightmares, will look around for it. Have watched other Adam Curtis docs, The Trap was very good

If you tell me what the holes and omissions are that would be great. Not trying to be an asshole here but I really don't believe the government detonated explosives conspiracy theory

What was that quote about looking for the person most likely to benefit? Since then you have the 'war' in Iraq, permanent US bases there, control of all the oil, the Patriot act, afghanistan, the list kind of goes on.

I'm not necessarily saying I believe everything in it, like most things it's flawed, but there's a whole lot in it that is indisputable fact.

To think that it was executed by the government of the US, and all the people that would have to have involved to carry it out, is a little far fetched, unquestionably... somebody would have blew the whistle surely, by now.

On the omissions - is there anything on the debunked site about the connections between the Bin Ladens and Bushes? The Carlyle group? Who the actual attackers were? The list that they published of the attackers that's proven to be completely false, but is still who they say carried out the attacks? There's a few off the top of my head.

• Advertisement

Joker watch the video i posted above.youll see that these things that loose change claim to be fact are actually bull****.

seriously i watched loose change and got taken in but i did a little more digging and found out its horse****

give it a look

Will do, just can't here in work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

Is there a way to change your user name on boards with out creating an new account?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

You can become a paying member, so you can have cool avatars like me :cool: As long as the name hasn't been used before, you can then change it. It's only €50 a year or something like that and considering how much time I spend here, it's well worth it!

SuprSi wrote: »
    You can become a paying member, so you can have cool avatars like me :cool: As long as the name hasn't been used before, you can then change it. It's only €50 a year or something like that and considering how much time I spend here, it's well worth it!
    what added benefits do you get except the avatar thing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

what added benefits do you get except the avatar thing
    • Username Change
    • four pinky coloured stars under your name
    • Change Tagline (the line saying registered user/moderator under a username)-
    • Stop adverts being visible over all the site (except the home page)
    • Get a Custom Avatar
    • Access Sex & Sexuality
    • Get a bmail account

All little things, but things to make Boards more how you want it. Like I said I spend so much time here that I'm glad I can help in some way, these benefits are just additional perks.

SuprSi wrote: »
    • Username Change
    • four pinky coloured stars under your name
    • Change Tagline (the line saying registered user/moderator under a username)-
    • Stop adverts being visible over all the site (except the home page)
    • Get a Custom Avatar
    • Access Sex & Sexuality
    • Get a bmail account

All little things, but things to make Boards more how you want it. Like I said I spend so much time here that I'm glad I can help in some way, these benefits are just additional perks.
    cool,ive no need for those feature to be honest.iv got avatars turned off and i only get ads in the top right and bottom right.

but yeah nice to support the site

I did read them and I never realised that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was a truth seeker like Jim Corr.

If you can, watch this, it gives a more rounded view of the rise of both militant islamist movements and neo-conservatism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_of_Nightmares

You have me confused now, three parts of the text on Wikipedia,
    They envisioned restructuring America by uniting the American people against a common evil, and set about creating a mythical enemy.
    Curtis argues that, after their failed revolutions, bin Laden and Zawahiri had little or no popular support, let alone a serious complex organisation of terrorists........... They find a former associate of bin Laden, Jamal al-Fadl, and pay him to testify that bin Laden was the head of a massive terrorist organisation called "al-Qaeda".
    "In an age when all the grand ideas have lost credibility, fear of a phantom enemy is all the politicians have left to maintain their power.".

One of my original quotes,
    We are expected to beleive that a very powerful and complex terrorist group, able to successfully
    cross all layers of the American intelligence and security, carried out the
    attack. This is the main viewpoint advocated by American statesmen............Assuming the viewpoint of the American government, is it rational to
    launch a classic war through widespread deployment of troops that led to the
    death of hundreds of thousands of people to counter a terrorist group?.

I must be missing something because that link you provided seems to have the same viewpoint as the one i quoted, it is a falsehood the myth that has been created that Al - Qaeda was responsible for the attacks in new york or even exist.

Also i see nothing in either what i quoted or the link you provided that actually identifies who is responsible given that we appear both do not now accept the american version that has been spun.

What is the point of your link as it reinforces what i already posted?

What is the point of your link as it reinforces what i already posted?[/COLOR]

It doesn't posit the theory that they're were no suicide bombers on the plane and accepts that the attacks were organised by Bin Laden. The reason for the attack on the USA was to create a phantom enemy for the fundamentalists. Bin Laden had seen that the extremist Islamic groups were killing each other off based on their interpretations of the Koran and knew that these groups needed one united enemy to focus on while the Americans needed an enemy to terrorise their citizens with. Something they didn't have since the fall of communism.

There is nothing in the series that ever puts across the point that the twin towers was anything other than a terrorist attack. It just charts the rise of islamic fundamentalism and neo- conservatism and how the attack on the twin towers was to both their benefits. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad seems to be doing quite well off the back of it don't you think.

• Advertisement

It doesn't posit the theory that they're were no suicide bombers on the plane and accepts that the attacks were organised by Bin Laden.

I think if you actually look at the text the point was to highlight inconsistencies in the official american position rather than repoint the blame,

No trace of the suicide bombers bodies said to have done it but all their passports.
    interpretations of the Koran

Its actually spelled; Quran
    There is nothing in the series that ever puts across the point that the twin towers was anything other than a terrorist attack.

Who ever said it wasnt, on either side from any point of view?

just where the blame really lies is what is disputed.

Advertisement