Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Was out in the South William on Saturday night. Billy Scurry was doing a night there with Liam Dollard and a few others. Brilliant night and some lad called Declan Comiskey had the place rocking downstairs, loved the stuff he was playing.
    It was weird though, I'd been to the SW before but it really felt like an oldschool venue like Shaft or Sides (the downstairs part) the other night.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

joker77 wrote: »
    Anyone else get a new 'Visa Debit' card in the post from PermanentTSB?

Says it's replacing their Laser card, has all the regular features of a Laser plus being more widely accepted online. Kind of out of the blue that they're getting rid of laser?

Yeah I got this from Ulster Bank a few weeks ago... dangerous because you can use online as you would any other Visa card. I'd say I had mine no more than 2 days before I tested it's online capabilities :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

off to Berlin in the morning to spend a few days field recording and hooking up with Christian Fennesz at Berghain on Wed .... got me some Tangerine Dream to go with the Xanax on the plane, some got Kalkbrenner for strolling around and some Rammstein for quiet evenings at the pub :-) packing complete.

Y'all be good and wish the birthday boy (not me, a mod) a good one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

old gregg wrote: »

Don't think I can. See, with me being a rocker I'm not really too friendly with mods…

mods-vs-rockers.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Don't think I can. See, with me being a rocker I'm not really too friendly with mods…

nice one........thought the same thing a few times when the 'Mods' are referenced in posts meself......have you seen quadrophenia?

quadro-2%5B1%5D.JPG

Good flick with a load of faces that went on to do british television.......and sting there as the coolest Mod of em all;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

nice one........thought the same thing a few times when the 'Mods' are referenced in posts meself......have you seen quadrophenia?

Good flick with a load of faces that went on to do british television.......and sting there as the coolest Mod of em all;)

I have indeed. A couple of blues for ya!

Leslie Ash was a fine little thing in it. Jesus, when you look at her now…

I have indeed. A couple of blues for ya!

A bag of blues & a vespa crash please:D

Love this tune from the album,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

old gregg wrote: »
    off to Berlin in the morning to spend a few days field recording and hooking up with Christian Fennesz at Berghain on Wed .... got me some Tangerine Dream to go with the Xanax on the plane, some got Kalkbrenner for strolling around and some Rammstein for quiet evenings at the pub :-) packing complete.

I regret not going to check out the disused - yet still intact - former East German adventure park in Treptower Park. I've read up on it a little, and although I've no experience field recording, an eerie place like that might be interesting.

Here's a video;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/real_cities/9010626.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Have a good trip Gregg. Xanax and Tangerine Dream are a match made in heaven.

Speaking of medication, I spent the weekend dosed up to the eyeballs on solpadeine (and anything else I could get my hands on)because of a feckin tooth abscess thingy which thankfully I got sorted out today.

Went to a new dentist, and I can't tell you how much of a difference it is to go to a medical professional who is a) young and b) sound and not a condescending sadist (which is my normal experience of dentists).

What is yer opinions on this, Just picked it up for free needing some minor electrical work done on it which is not an issue, EDIT: What im reallly asking is is it any use for using it for thumping out Rave beats & basslines?

Bass amp
    100 Watt
    15" celestion speaker

24743942.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Was out in the South William on Saturday night. Billy Scurry was doing a night there with Liam Dollard and a few others. Brilliant night and some lad called Declan Comiskey had the place rocking downstairs, loved the stuff he was playing.
    It was weird though, I'd been to the SW before but it really felt like an oldschool venue like Shaft or Sides (the downstairs part) the other night.

Sounds fab! lots of friends of mine are going to these all nighter gigs organized on the web and run till 7am. from what i heard its kicking with hundreds attending. Seems dance music is going back underground:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Sounds fab! lots of friends of mine are going to these all nighter gigs organized on the web and run till 7am. from what i heard its kicking with hundreds attending. Seems dance music is going back underground:cool:

Are these outdoor or indoor events?

from what i heard its kicking with hundreds attending. Seems dance music is going back underground:cool:

that sounds great. I presume they take place well outside of Dublin city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

that sounds great. I presume they take place well outside of Dublin city?

All are indoors and are mostly on the outskirts of Dublin. one of them was held in Dublin city two weeks ago! never made it tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

All are indoors and are mostly on the outskirts of Dublin. one of them was held in Dublin city two weeks ago! never made it tho..

That sounds bloody brilliant! What sort of age groups go along?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

"Deadmau5 will be joined by very special guests Calvin Harris and Steve Aoki when they play The O2 on the 14th of December"

Dont judge me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

"Deadmau5 will be joined by very special guests Calvin Harris and Steve Aoki when they play The O2 on the 14th of December"

Dont judge me.

Oh god. Did you see Aoki's mix for I Love Techno this year? It's a ****ing joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Oh god. Did you see Aoki's mix for I Love Techno this year? It's a ****ing joke.

Will have to 'tube that.

Saw half his set at Oxysesh, the hanger place was a great venue for him. Champagne was a nice touch too:p

Saw half his set at Oxysesh, the hanger place was a great venue for him. Champagne was a nice touch too:p

That venue is what I miss best about Oxegen. It's my first real memory of dance music - stumbling into that arena back at oxegen 06. Some lad called Jon Averill was playing a brilliant set at about 3 in the day. Pity my friends left after about 5 minutes of intolerable 'knacker music'.

I seen Justice there that year too - my first ever electronic music gig!

• Advertisement

Some lad called Jon Averill

Made me laugh.

On a different note, anyone have a nice CD wallet? Mine's full up and I want to get a better one. Went into HMV and they had literally none, and Tower off Grafton Street only had a few, and nothing I liked the look of. Apparently Tower above Eason's has the best selection, but has anyone got any suggestions?

Basically looking for one to hold maybe 64 CDs, double size (so you're looking at 4 CDs at a time), and I'd really like one with a specific space for tracklists, if that exists, so you don't have to take the CD out to see it.

Made me laugh..

Is he a mate or something?

Is he a mate or something?

Not really no, met him a few times before he moved to England, not sure why it made me laugh, just did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Finally clicked the Buy button around midnight last night. Had to just put a cap on it. Ended up with just over 13 records (1 a double pack) for just over a hundred sterling, from Chemical records. Shipped already today, should be arriving during the week. Well excited!

You really just can't get the same excitement from mp3's. I've had a tonne of music in crates on various sites the last few weeks and I finally bought most of 'em today. Which is great, cos I've tried really hard not to listen to them on pootube or whatever. But then you just click and they're there - end of excitement. Yippee - my hard-drive just got bigger.

As soon as funds and space allow I'm just gonna get some decks. As I'm probably never going to leave my bedroom as a dj, it's much more rewarding to have a collection of tangible records rather than a bulging hard-drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Was on site this morning, just got back to the office to find a big heavy cardboard box with 13 vinyl inside - Sigha, Russ Gabriel, Donnacha Costello, Ame, Maurizio, Sandwell District, Redshape and Skudge! Chuffed! Will have to wait till tomorrow to bring home - just in time for the weekend. Nice one.

Yea it's definitely worth investing in a few vinyl - just be careful as it's an awful addiction once it gets a hold of you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Was on site this morning, just got back to the office to find a big heavy cardboard box with 13 vinyl inside - Sigha, Russ Gabriel, Donnacha Costello, Ame, Maurizio, Sandwell District, Redshape and Skudge! Chuffed! Will have to wait till tomorrow to bring home - just in time for the weekend. Nice one.
    I am very jealous. My credit card's not talking to me for the next 2 weeks or so, so I'm gonna have to go shopping in town tomorrow for my fix. Can't bloody wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Bleeding Fadsters buying vinyl!!

Yea that's it for me again for a while. There's a few out of stock everywhere that I'm waiting to come back in, apart from that those will have to do me for a while.

Ordered off Chemical records again - www.chemical-records.co.uk - very good price - in Sterling: 3 of them were less than 4 quid including Before We Say Goodbye, another 3 were less than a fiver like Maurizio M5!

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Bleeding Fadsters buying vinyl!!
    ha ha

I think my first proper 12" was Soundcrowd - Energy Rush. Showing my age there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

My new theme tune... Found at about 4am this morning after a very strange session

Advertisement