Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Bazmo, if you bought at the top of the market, you have my sympathies and I've stated on here already that I couldn't blame people stuck in negative equity for the predicament they find themselves in…
    Cheers man but tbh, as disappointed as I am about the whole situation, I don't lose any sleep over it. I really don’t.

Before I bought I made sure I bought a house in an area I wouldn't mind living in for a long time if things went bad work wise or any other unforeseen circumstance. I also made sure I bought in an established area that wasn’t too far from the city centre. I could never understand why people bought one bedroom apartments in Cavan even though they were born and bred in somewhere like Tallaght or Blanchardstown. I was smart enough to realize a boom starts from the centre and spreads out, and a crash is the opposite.

The most difficult part about my situation is the fact that I bought with a friend. Makes it all that bit more awkward. But it’s not the end of the world, and I knew the risks getting into it. And tbh, it was probably the right thing to do at the time, I had a pain renting and just wanting a bit more security and didn’t want to be completely priced out of the market.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

OMG! I like never knew that the worst part of living on like the dole would be like not being able to afford my cosmopolitans!

Read this bints views on 'living on the dole':

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/on-just-euro196-a-week-it-hurts-to-part-with-the-pennies-2271802.html

But there is a silver lining to the cloud. Tee hee hee!:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/property/2010/1014/1224281058402.html

Hahahah I was wondering if someone was going to post that, I was reading it this morning and followed the other thread a few months back also. I actually know Allison, not well or anything, she's just friends with a girl I know. I;ve met her a few times, she's actually a very nice girl - I just don't understand why she's so obviously subjecting herself to such a torrent of abuse! She's not alone, there are thousands of people who are stuck in this horrible situation, and I do feel very sorry for them, although I don't think she's doing herself any favours here really. Bad enough being in such a sucky situation but why anyone would want to proclaim it to the country via the mass media, in such a manner, is completely beyond me.

The main point is, she bought After the crash had actually started, not just before the peak like so many others. But she ignored all the advice from everyone telling her not to buy. It's almost like the indo encouraged her to write in a manner that they knew would get people angry - its about selling newspapers at the end of the day (a topic that infuriates me - but that's for another thread really). I'm so so glad I did not buy, my parents were urging me to and I was thinking about it, but man am I glad I didn't. I'm now renting a really nice apartment for considerably less than what I'm sure my landlord pays on a mortgage, and I have the freedom to change whenever I want.

I just can't imagine being stuck in 345k negative equity. I'd say it will be 10-15 years before you could sell that without a loss. That's worse than a life sentence. I think I'd hand back the keys, leave the country, and never return...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I know this is not the metal thread but I just had to post this here 'cos it's so cheesy it actually grows on you.

Keep going till he runs down the hill while playing a guitar solo (with no power source).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Zascar wrote: »
    I;ve met her a few times, she's actually a very nice girl - I just don't understand why she's so obviously subjecting herself to such a torrent of abuse!

Three words - Carrie Bradshaw Syndrome. Sex and the City has decimated the intellect of 50% of women for the next three generations. 'Look at us girls in our BT gear, sipping our laxative laced cosmopolitans and checking out all the hot guys. We're so fierce!'
    Zascar wrote: »
    The main point is, she bought After the crash had actually started, not just before the peak like so many others. But she ignored all the advice from everyone telling her not to buy. I just can't imagine being stuck in 345k negative equity. I'd say it will be 10-15 years before you could sell that without a loss. That's worse than a life sentence. I think I'd hand back the keys, leave the country, and never return...

There'll be no coming back from that type of negative equity in the lifetime of her mortgage imo…

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Three words - Carrie Bradshaw Syndrome. Sex and the City has decimated the intellect of 50% of women for the next three generations.

+100 - fcuking horrific program - actually angers me. I find it disturbing that this is what modern young women are supposed to be aspiring to. Especially considering 99% of men think Carrie Bradshaw is the epitome of what we do not like in women. Insecure whingey whiny precious, oh and...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's a pity it's on an Atheist's channel as it's not an attack on religion but more so an attack on the Catholic Church, but that aside it's a great watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/1015/breaking30.html
    Silence may be golden this Christmas, with an internet campaign lobbying to make experimental composer John Cage's noteless 4'33" Britain's seasonal number one this year.

Dubbed Cage Against the Machine, the Facebook campaign with some 29,000 supporters so far is modelled on a similar movement last Christmas that helped Rage Against the Machine to the top of the UK singles charts.

That prevented hot favourite Joe McElderry, who had won the 2009 edition of the popular X-Factor television series, from grabbing the coveted position, and ended the show's recent domination of Christmas charts.

Cage's 4'33'' is described as a three-movement composition for any instrument or combination of instruments, and the score tells performers not to play at all. Cage said the point was to listen to the other sounds that fill the silence.

"They better not fade the ending out like they usually do on the radio," said one Facebook supporter online.

Quote ''They should have used the countdown theme for the last thirty seconds''

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Technically on the same bill as Jesper Dahlback tonight. Boom.

Technically? Were you hired as a human laptop stand again? I told you not to do it after the last time grimey, it's just too degrading…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It's a pity it's on an Atheist's channel as it's not an attack on religion but more so an attack on the Catholic Church, but that aside it's a great watch.

Thats a very good debate. Pity Hitchens didnt have more of an input though. Whats the chances of RTE, given their tendancy to mirror foreign productions, doing something similar about the role of the church in Irish society. Do you think it would gain much exposure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Thats a very good debate. Pity Hitchens didnt have more of an input though. Whats the chances of RTE, given their tendancy to mirror foreign productions, doing something similar about the role of the church in Irish society. Do you think it would gain much exposure?
    I reckon the country would have the stomach for it, and given that the younger generation have largely abandoned the Church while the middle-aged are pretty disillusioned or outright pissed-off with the whole situation, there could be a decent audience there. It would have to stick with the Church though; a rigorous questioning of God's existence would still be a major no-go.

Technically? Were you hired as a human laptop stand again? I told you not to do it after the last time grimey, it's just too degrading…

It's the best I can get alright, I'm working on moving to being a phono cable soon.

It's the best I can get alright, I'm working on moving to being a phono cable soon.

I don't know… going from laptop stand to phono cable could be a shock to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Listening to the guest DJ's mix I recorded last night at Forward/Slash, so good. Think it'll be up the alley of a good few of yous here. I'll be putting it up once I get the tracklist.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Diego Smartly

Wheres this on?

Wheres this on?

Pod, I'm on in the Chocolate Bar at some stage.

Pod, I'm on in the Chocolate Bar at some stage.

Didn't hear anything about this. Pod website says some bloke Chad Valley is on...?

Seen Jesper before, he was cool, wouldn't mind checkin him out again; theres fcuk all else on anyway

Didn't hear anything about this. Pod website says some bloke Chad Valley is on...?

Seen Jesper before, he was cool, wouldn't mind checkin him out again; theres fcuk all else on anyway

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=102258623175112

Chad Valley's in the Crawdaddy Room, Jesper's in Pod (which has been done up, new DJ booth)

• Advertisement

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=102258623175112

Chad Valley's in the Crawdaddy Room, Jesper's in Pod (which has been done up, new DJ booth)

Ah nice one, few of us are gonna be out so might drop in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Weirdest coincidence happened me today. Just as I was going to clean the car, the local estate agent was arriving to show some new tenant an apartment in our building. Lo and behold, it was a lad who lived with my missus in college years ago. Friggin sound bloke too.
    Hadn't seen him in years and now he'll be living downstairs from us. Small world and all that.

jtsuited wrote: »
    Weirdest coincidence happened me today. Just as I was going to clean the car, the local estate agent was arriving to show some new tenant an apartment in our building. Lo and behold, it was a lad who lived with my missus in college years ago. Friggin sound bloke too.
    Hadn't seen him in years and now he'll be living downstairs from us. Small world and all that.

I betcha he has become a fianna fail voting creationist in the intervening years.

I betcha he has become a fianna fail voting creationist in the intervening years.

strangely enough he's a young country lad who plays sports so the probability of that is fairly high.

jtsuited wrote: »
    strangely enough he's a young country lad who plays sports so the probability of that is fairly high.

Wow, so my sensing crystals really work!

Ok lads, come on, admit it.... Who watches xfactor?
    ;)

you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah, I'm watching it. I had my turn on the telly with the rugby today so now it's time for the OH to watch what she wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Does that sound like a credible excuse? :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm currently home visiting my parents and I'm watching it, and I saw a few of the auditions - watching the really really bad auditions is pretty funny... (did anyone see this - lol) The thing that currently amazes me, is that despite all the obvious negatives about how bad it is for music etc - it just seems like almost everyone watches at least a bit of it - even all the lads in my office talk about it whereas a year or two ago few men would admit to liking or even watching it!!!

However, if you want to really watch something truly horriffic, take a look at this: http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=takemeout - truly car crash tv.

Advertisement