Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hah that particular audition was hilarious, but a topless photo shoot, and a rotten one at that - wtf!? The preview to that TV3 show looked very cringeworthy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Ended up in an afterparty in the house of the bloke who own's the Wright Venue last night. Still hanging like ****.

Got amazing news about a night I DJ at though. Stupidly excited.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Haha no way, what was it like??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Zascar wrote: »
    Haha no way, what was it like??

Amazing house, big three story place, really nice, and I'm guessing he's quite young. Big soundsystem set-up, and a Bavaria tap which you could help yourself to...

Was expecting a load of pillheads going nuts but that wasn't really the vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Ok lads, come on, admit it.... Who watches xfactor?
    ;)

article-1308943-0B0AEB47000005DC-758_468x286.jpg

wigga.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

;)

Ah here, i can 100% tell ya i havnt even caught a glimpse of that fuc.king show's opening scene to its end credits.....

ITS SEWERAGE FOR THE BRAIN

You asked a while back why you were 'Losing the love' for your Music!!

Well perhaps its because you are dulling your musical mind with this farcical effort that claims to be a music talent show.......ahhhhhhhh im even getting annoyed that i am wasting this amount of time typing about this:mad:

Let there be no nore speak of that sh.ite around here please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

prob only of interest to a few but Norwegian pop/electronic band Bel Canto are working on new material for the first time since 02.

For folks into Biosphere this is interesting news for sure. Geir was/is a member of the band so it looks like a break from ambient for him anyway.

http://www.side-line.com/interviews_comments.php?id=45289_0_16_0_C

Otherwise it all sounds sort of dated at this stage but should be fun to hear what Geir brings to the party this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

;)
    Haven't seen 1 second of X-Factor this year, blissfully unaware, it's great

Other years herself has maybe watched bits of it, and if it's on and you're in the room you pick up bits through osmosis, not this year though - happy days.

At the moment I'm trying to avoid any television, apart from series I download (meaning not subjecting myself to telly ad breaks). For now it's Mad Men, An Idiot Abroad, and have started Boardwalk Empire last night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Ahhhhhhhhhh.........Eastbound and Down second season is already up to episode 3!!!!!!!! Completely missed this...

Tis been a good September/October regarding television with An Idiot Abroad, the US Office, House, etc.

Although the US Office has been fcuking horrific. What a dismal mess that show has become. And House is gone very very very cheesy and predictable (but still watchable).

As far as X Factor goes, the missus watches it, so I have briefly seen bits and pieces of it. It's tragic. It's just fcuking tragic.
    The irony of Cheryl Cole judging a singing competition is beyond a joke. It's well known that she doesn't have a note in her head, hence the reason every single she releases has a billion autotuned 'harmonies' and backing vocals.

Tbh, I like what the X Factor has done to pop music. It has shown everyone, even the clinically ignorant, how manufactured and devoid of talent the pop world is. No longer will I have to argue with idiots about how most pop singers are vacuous untalented fame-whore puppets. They see it every saturday night.

At the same time I'm still pushing my idea that every member of the public who votes should be struck off the electoral registrar, and I figure by 2020 I can make that happen.

• Advertisement

jtsuited wrote: »

At the same time I'm still pushing my idea that every member of the public who votes should be struck off the electoral registrar, and I figure by 2020 I can make that happen.

Makes good sense as they would most likeley only vote for the one with the nice hair & outfit anyway:D

Makes good sense as they would most likeley only vote for the one with the nice hair & outfit anyway:D

makes you wonder how someone like Biffo got into power if that's the case. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

joker77 wrote: »
    An Idiot Abroad
    One of the funniest things on TV at the moment. The Mexican episode was absolutely hilarious.

makes you wonder how someone like Biffo got into power if that's the case. :D

Ahh because he sings the wild rover & drinks & smokes just like one of the lads.......remember he is elected only by his constituents in offaly so to them he is a good offaly man who didnt lose touch with the people & is down to earth........unfortunatley we all have to put up with him as leader even tough he is elected only by a few.

Regarding An Idiot Abroad, can you imagine what it's like to be Ricky Gervais and Steven Merchant??

Imagine looking back on your life and saying 'I created the Office, Extras, and gave the world Karl Pilkington'. Unbelievable.

Ahhhhhhhhhh.........Eastbound and Down second season is already up to episode 3!!!!!!!! Completely missed this...

Tis been a good September/October regarding television with An Idiot Abroad, the US Office, House, etc.

Although the US Office has been fcuking horrific. What a dismal mess that show has become. And House is gone very very very cheesy and predictable (but still watchable).

As far as X Factor goes, the missus watches it, so I have briefly seen bits and pieces of it. It's tragic. It's just fcuking tragic.
    The irony of Cheryl Cole judging a singing competition is beyond a joke. It's well known that she doesn't have a note in her head, hence the reason every single she releases has a billion autotuned 'harmonies' and backing vocals.

Tbh, I like what the X Factor has done to pop music. It has shown everyone, even the clinically ignorant, how manufactured and devoid of talent the pop world is. No longer will I have to argue with idiots about how most pop singers are vacuous untalented fame-whore puppets. They see it every saturday night.

Tried to get into Eastbound and Down when it started, just didn't do it for me. The missus watches House, since it's inception. I abhor that show, it's complete bilge. I'm convinced she'd watch ANYTHING with either Fry or Laurie in it though...
    BaZmO* wrote: »
    One of the funniest things on TV at the moment. The Mexican episode was absolutely hilarious.
    I'd love to know exactly how much is scripted. I have a hopeful yet naive view that a lot of it isn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

I have to check out that Eastbound and Down - is it on any of the channels over here?

Pilkington does my nut in so I haven't had the courage to sit down and watch any of it even though its generally gets good reviews. His schtick is pretty irritating though…

You should check out It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - great, great comedy show.

What I love about the contestants is that they believe that they are going to all be superstars. They seem to ignore the fact that they'll more than like be playing Butlins and Trabolgan this time next year…

Regarding An Idiot Abroad, can you imagine what it's like to be Ricky Gervais and Steven Merchant??

Imagine looking back on your life and saying 'I created the Office, Extras, and gave the world Karl Pilkington'. Unbelievable.
    http://www.pilkipedia.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page - seen this?

The missus watches House, since it's inception. I abhor that show, it's complete bilge. I'm convinced she'd watch ANYTHING with either Fry or Laurie in it though...
    Blasphemy!!!!! Hugh Laurie playing a narcissistic, depressive, egomaniac polyglot with a penchant for painkillers and prostitutes....how can you not love that?

In saying that, I have problems with pretty much everything about House other than Dr. House.
    The actors are far too good looking, and some of them are atrocious at acting. The plots can either be genius or retarded. And it's always parasites, if they rule everything else out. In the first two seasons that is.

The show is typically American and dumbed down in places but all in all, I love it.

Pilkington does my nut in so I haven't had the courage to sit down and watch any of it even though its generally gets good reviews. His schtick is pretty irritating though…
    Here's the thing. When Gervais first did the podcasts years ago, I really hated him for it. Seemed like self indulgent wánk based around a thick mate of theirs (Pilkington). It was only after hearing the XFm shows with Pilkington that I started to see the funny side of it.

If you can get past Gervais's annoying laugh, the radio stuff they did with Pilkington is genuinely hilarious.

I think my favourite thing about the whole Pilkington saga, is that he still has a very very very flimsy grasp of evolution, even though Merchant and Gervais have spent years trying to explain it to him.

Even in the first episode of An Idiot Abroad, a bear stands up to get an apple, and Karl says with this air of wisdom 'that's evolution innit'. Nearly wet myself at that.

I think it's good though that we're finally getting comedy that is basically just laughing at people who are thick. At the end of the day, life's a lot easier if you learn how to laugh at idiocy rather than become enraged by it.

Seriously give little old Karl a chance and you'll genuinely be rewarded for it.

• Advertisement

HAHAHA, I think this sums him up.

There's quite a few pearls of wisdom in that simple man's mind as well though

Blasphemy!!!!! Hugh Laurie playing a narcissistic, depressive, egomaniac polyglot with a penchant for painkillers and prostitutes....how can you not love that?

In saying that, I have problems with pretty much everything about House other than Dr. House.
    The actors are far too good looking, and some of them are atrocious at acting. The plots can either be genius or retarded. And it's always parasites, if they rule everything else out. In the first two seasons that is.

The show is typically American and dumbed down in places but all in all, I love it.
    ha ha ha - you see you know it's gack - you're just watching it for Laurie as well

ha ha ha - you see you know it's gack - you're just watching it for Laurie as well

yeah I know. But it's all the Sherlock Holmes references too. Like the fact he's called House instead of Homes. His best mate is Wilson as opposed to Watson. He's addicted to Vicodin instead of cocaine. The dude that tried to shoot him was called Moriarty. All that. Love it.

But yeah, take Laurie out, or more importantly take Dr. House's character out, and it's a load of sh1te.

I think it's good though that we're finally getting comedy that is basically just laughing at people who are thick. At the end of the day, life's a lot easier if you learn how to laugh at idiocy rather than become enraged by it.
    Pilkington is far from being an idiot. He may play the fool, but he knows what he's doing.

oh you say that about everyone Baz!!!

You have to accept the possibility that underneath the facade of a incompetent fool often lies, well, an incompetetent fool.

Think this article will get a bit of interest in this thread

http://www.cracked.com/article_18766_5-creepy-ways-animal-societies-are-organizing.html

No longer will I have to argue with idiots about how most pop singers are vacuous untalented fame-whore puppets. They see it every saturday night.
    At the end of the day, life's a lot easier if you learn how to laugh at idiocy rather than become enraged by it.

You should be laughing your bollox off at the X factor & its proponents so when it comes up in conversation:D

You should be laughing your bollox off at the X factor & its proponents so when it comes up in conversation:D

Should be able to and being able to do every time are two very different things. But good point nonetheless.

oh you say that about everyone Baz!!!
    Haha. It would seem so, but in this case I think I'm right. I just think that it’s impossible to seem to be that stupid but always have the killer lines to go with it. It’s not possible to keep it up on a consistent basis. We all know stupid people that in spite of their idiocy are always very funny. With KP it’s contrived, and I don’t mean that in a bad way, I just mean he’s in on the joke.

You have to accept the possibility that underneath the facade of a incompetent fool often lies, well, an incompetetent fool.
    Oh I do accept it, and there are plenty of examples of it but I think this case is an exception.

• Advertisement

Think this article will get a bit of interest in this thread

http://www.cracked.com/article_18766_5-creepy-ways-animal-societies-are-organizing.html
    The crow one is definitely very freaky, as are they in general. There were a pair of huge ones in the back garden for a few days recently, very unpleasant looking chaps.

Advertisement