Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

ianuss wrote: »

On a side note, my brother works for an internet poker site, and he was telling me about this relatively new craze. It's called credit card joy-riding. Basically, some w4nker nicks your card, sits down at the tables and purposely plays as bad as possible. Making stupid raises and retarded calls. Calling thousands with fresh air. My bro gets to see the tables and the play, and he was saying it's hilarious to watch.

I'd say so. Coincidentally, one of the Hypertic lads works for an internet poker site too (won't mention which one of them or what site).

Knew a fella years ago who used to watch for chip-dumping for one of the sites that were based here. Said it was unreal the amount of people doing it, and the figures involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

jtsuited wrote: »
    I don't think I'd ever have the discipline to get enough hands in per month to make it worth my while.

This is the bit about modern poker which I just can't get on board with. Lads now are playing 8+ tables at a time. It's all about rake-back deals and playing as many hands an hour as you can. You can actually be a slight losing player and still make money if you do it like a fukking robot. Playing pretty much ABC stuff, mostly sit'n'go's.

There is no thought put into their play. Their decisions are pretty much call, raise or fold. Instant decisions based on their cards. There's no finesse.

I used to really enjoy actually playing cards. I played 2 tables, and I would play them well. 3 tables at a stretch. Anything more than that and I don't see how you're able to make plays etc. That's just my 2 cents anywho.

I do still love watching poker though. I have the entire High Stakes stuff on my HD and it still makes for great viewing. Sami Farha, Eli Elezra and Jamie Gold chucking cash around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

You lads ever hear of noel Furlong ?

He owns furlong carpet mills behind the red cow & won the world series in 1999

This is the bit about modern poker which I just can't get on board with. Lads now are playing 8+ tables at a time. It's all about rake-back deals and playing as many hands an hour as you can. You can actually be a slight losing player and still make money if you do it like a fukking robot. Playing pretty much ABC stuff, mostly sit'n'go's.

There is no thought put into their play. Their decisions are pretty much call, raise of fold. Instant decisions based on their cards. there's no finesse.

I used to really enjoy actually playing cards. I played 2 tables, and I would play them well. 3 tables at a stretch. Anything more than that and I don't see how you're able to make playes etc. That's just my 2 cents anywho.

I do still love watching poker though. I have the entire High Stakes stuff on my HD and it still makes for great viewing. Sami Farha, Eli Elezra and Jamie Gold chucking cash around :D
    Yeah completely agree, grinding went from being a little bit boring to an art of tedium over the years.
    I'd love to become a millionaire just to be able to sit down with Jamie Gold and take him to the cleaners. Hate that guy!!

Farha's a legend. Must watch the High Stakes episodes (only watched a few of the first season when Antonius was killing it, and Greenstein was getting sucked out on badly on an hourly basis the poor fcuker!).

Ever hear about the time Antonio Esfandiari and Phil Laak came into the Fitz? They didn't want to play Omaha so they sat into the only holdem game goin - the feckin 1/2 game that me and a few other boardsies were sitting at.
    If you search the poker forum you might be able to find the thread. Laak pulled a great read on Esfandiari and speechplayed him all the way to the river. Ah good times!

Yup.

• Advertisement

Ah ye. Don't know him personally, but everybody would know of him.

Farha's a legend. Must watch the High Stakes episodes (only watched a few of the first season when Antonius was killing it, and Greenstein was getting sucked out on badly on an hourly basis the poor fcuker!).

Ever hear about the time Antonio Esfandiari and Phil Laak came into the Fitz?

The whole lot of series 1-7 is up on isohunt etc. Well worth downloading. The two commentators are class too. And there are some really epic hands to be seen.

Never heard of that story you mentioned before, I must have a look through the archives and see if I can dig it up. Laak and Esfandiari are good for the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

I haven't used free or cheap plugs in years because of the standard of the bundled ones in logic (and I've got a UAD card with the fairchild, neve 88rs, and plate 140).
    Sorry can't be of assistance.

Nice for some!

Probably bumped into you at some point in the Fitz just to stay OT. Used to go in there playing bjack and then to the Colossus after a few pints when I felt the need for some live. Went to school with J O' Shea, who was a couple years ahead of me, and would be v. good friends with his cousin who was a decent 5/10 NL online Hold'em player for a while before he got wiped playing Hi/Low. Currently trying to get a Bankroll back together after a two year hiatus after taking down a soft pub game or two when I was in London in June (paid for my trip + gigs so I was delighted).

Big pity about the BBV thread here, IPB's iteration of it really doesn't have the same spark to it. I still read the 2+2 one from time to time, but the sheer amount of **** and complete deviants on it somewhat scares me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

:eek::eek::eek:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1019/kangaroo.html

Seriously WTF?!?!

that whole debacle is fcukin sick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Coming to that story a bit late Android. It was all over the news yesterday. Fairly sick alright.
    At least they actually named and shamed yer man in the papers today.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Coming to that story a bit late Android. It was all over the news yesterday. Fairly sick alright.
    At least they actually named and shamed yer man in the papers today.

I was reading about it yesterday, I was just trying to follow that poker stuff for the last while and had to give up :D

Who did they say it was?

Can't remember the name as it was just some bloke but his picture and name was on the front page of the Daily Star. I'm sure he's doesn't think it's that funny any more.

Doesn't top the Penguin story though.

Here any chance we could rename the title of this thread??

The overuse of the word 'random' gets my goat. No offence Zascar!!!

'Wow look a duck.....oh how random!'
    'Oh wow we ended up bringing a load of strangers back to our apartment......bunch of complete randomers'
    'Today I'm gonna be an attention seeking sap by spouting nonsense ........oh i'm just being, like, random'
    'Bumped into somebody I hadn't expected to see today......oh how totally random!'

Please tell me I'm not alone in despising this phenomenon???????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

'Oh wow we ended up bringing a load of strangers back to our apartment......bunch of complete randomers'
    'Today I'm gonna be an attention seeking sap by spouting nonsense ........oh i'm just being, like, random'
    'Bumped into somebody I hadn't expected to see today......oh how totally random!'

Oh how very random that post is:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I'd agree for the most part, but I think "randomer" is a fairly acceptable neologism.

It hadn't really bothered me until now, but I'm sure it's going to now. It's like when someone points out something loud or something, which up to that point, you hadn't noticed - but now it's all you can hear. Totally random like.

Yeah I totally agree. Weightlifting, Pitch n' Putt, Poker, Kangaroos, Logic....... ain't nothing random about that. ;):D

The phenomenon of using the word 'random' in different contexts? Yes, it's shocking stuff…

I propose we call it 'The thread about subjects that are not really connected but that we might possibly have some interest in which we will post in for the sake of a bit of banter so that we don't feel like we are alone in this world when we stare at this screen which I fear is giving me radiation from the rays it is projecting on my pale, celtic skin'

Much snappier!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Eh, if you want, doesn't bother me - but in fairness this thread is very very random...

Just run off and get 100 signatures Jeff and I'd be happy to change it for you! New boards rules, out of my hands, sorry.
    :pac:

don't forget evolutionary biology, society, and cycling.

… and zombies!!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

New thread title suggestions anyone?

The phenomenon of using the word 'random' in different contexts? Yes, it's shocking stuff…

I propose we call it 'The thread about subjects that are not really connected but that we might possibly have some interest in which we will post in for the sake of a bit of banter so that we don't feel like we are alone in this world when we stare at this screen which I fear is giving me radiation from the rays it is projecting on my pale, celtic skin'

Much snappier!

Or Off Topic Thread. Or General Chat/Banter

But maybe yeah your suggestion is snappier.:p

Zascar wrote: »
    Eh, if you want, doesn't bother me - but in fairness this thread is very very random...

Just run off and get 100 signatures Jeff and I'd be happy to change it for you! New boards rules, out of my hands, sorry.
    :pac:
    Gonna go petition outside my local Tesco now. They'll sign any auld sh1te down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Dylan Moran fan jt?

Reminded me of his rant on how his children talk

joker77 wrote: »
    Dylan Moran fan jt?

Reminded me of his rant on how his children talk

REally??? Only ever seen his Monster DVD. I'm gonna look like a right cúnt if he's had a similar rant. Sh1te.

A few of my favourite poker clips

Here's a few of my favourite puker clips:

Oh wait, you said poker…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

REally??? Only ever seen his Monster DVD. I'm gonna look like a right cúnt if he's had a similar rant. Sh1te.

From the What It Is live DVD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob8Eoknrjd4&feature=related

Can't listen in work, but it's in here somewhere

"Look at that church, it's so random"

Advertisement