Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

think we need some charasmatic polititians like this around these parts, would make the dail a bit more interesting.

Preview :D

http://soundcloud.com/seannash/sean-nash-ft-jimmy-mcmillan-rented-groove-too-danm-high-mix

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

That dog is pure awesome. Not so keen on the tune however

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I'm not liking this thread title either, it hasn't helped in doing away with the hatred of the term so it needs to be changed. Can't keep changing it either as the elder mod (zascar :p ) might start having a go at the apprentice mod :pac:

Any other thoughts? - thread title related that is, I'm sure many of you have other thoughts from time to time.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Haha you're doing fine, change all you want...

I think something along the lines of sh1te talk at 6am while gurning would be great. Can anyone think of a catchy title?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Sleep Deprived and Wide Awake - Banter/OT/Chat thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

thread title suggestion: The K Hole :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious nom nom nom thread.

You could leave out the last bit if you like

How about we just keep along the same lines as Scuba's original joke and keep renaming it to whatever pisses people off?

Ahem.

Haha great name.

I was gonna suggest renaming every now and then like they used to do on the Poker forum. But definitely think you should go with the new thread title for a while, or at least til after the weekend. Gauranteed lots of random confusion then. Plus it'll save ya having to post in the real X-Factor thread Colly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

All well and good for the lulz now but come Monday we'll have had a weekend of gobsh1tes coming on to this thread thinking it's actually an xfactor discussion thread. Such is the nature of the front page of boards.

• Advertisement

Yeah but then we can just mock and ridicule them for epic lolz, probably so much that they run off to feedback to complain about us - then myself and Scuba will be hauled in front of the principle to explain ourselves and probably also get 10 lashes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

How about the " OM, NOM,NOM,NOM OMG AFAIK im' stuck in a K hole AHHHHH ROTFLLMFAO [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]8-) AFK!! LOL LOL EPIC LOLz, got any yokes mate?" Thread
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056064623
    Some brilliant entries here... I'm just starting to learn ps myself - but I've quite a bit to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Zascar wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056064623
    Some brilliant entries here... I'm just starting to learn ps myself - but I've quite a bit to go...

Some of those are brilliant, absolutely brilliant. I like the new thread title btw. Huge fan of X-Factor, as you well know. Can't wait to not go clubbing on Saturday night so that I can watch it.

It was a man in a Kangaroo suit all along! Haha :D

http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2010/pc/pod-v-20101031m24slivelinecircus.mp3

This is like an episode of Brasseye.

Lads, I don't have an iphone any more I went to Android, but my flatmate wants to put her itunes on my computer so she can manage and sync her music etc.. Can you get the music from the iphone - back onto my computer. Something tells me you cannot do it this way... Any tips/links for me?

Lads, I don't have an iphone any more I went to Android, but my flatmate wants to put her itunes on my computer so she can manage and sync her music etc.. Can you get the music from the iphone - back onto my computer. Something tells me you cannot do it this way... Any tips/links for me?
    Yeah pretty sure you can if shes pc try sharepod and if she is mac use expod.

they should work

Eventually find it Sean?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Eventually find it Sean?
    :D

Yeah the confusion was that the thread had moved so far from what i rememebred being discussed last that i didnt recognise it and thought it was a different one.

Had to go back 5 pages to get to where i last read

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

seannash wrote: »
    Yeah pretty sure you can if shes pc try sharepod and if she is mac use expod.

they should work

Yep, beaten to it. Sharepod can take the music off an iPhone, just can't write to it (yet).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

You could try this one...

http://www.copytrans.net/index.php

I've used it and it allows you to copy stuff to & from your iPod/iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

My theory on the X Factor:

Cher-Lloyd.jpg

Hahahaah so true...

On a similar note... I've started following 50 Cent on twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/50CENT - Grimey I think it was you who retweeted the below, so I started reading some more. Oh holy god it's hilarious - cringy beyond belief. The guy is borderline retarded. So funny...

50_cent_twitter_1.png
    http://g1hd.wordpress.com/2010/09/03/the-best-of-50-cent-on-twitter/
    http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/26270/50-cents-best-tweets-of-the-weekend/

Half of the stuff he says you can barely understand - but fear not, someone has set up a twitter account where they translate his caveman English: http://twitter.com/#!/english50cent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

The man made more money from selling Vitamins than he did from music. He's one rich mo' fo'

Seeing we were on the subject of peeves the last couple of days (nom nom nom, random etc) one that winds me up a little is bad grammar. Now I'm not talking about people who type in txt spk, that's just idiotic, but what I would have thought were simple things:

should/could/would of - it amazes me really the amount of people that write this

something is better then something else - very common but I suppose very easy to do

there / their / they're - probably everyone does this at some stage or another, but doesn't detract from it looking stupid

Ugh totally man. It amazes me how apparently educated people don;t seem to give a ****. The ones that annoy me the most are: "I seen this movie" - it's I SAW ffs - PAST TENSE. Or "I done" - it's "I DID" - Grrrrr...

joker77 wrote: »
    Seeing we were on the subject of peeves the last couple of days (nom nom nom, random etc) one that winds me up a little is bad grammar. Now I'm not talking about people who type in txt spk, that's just idiotic, but what I would have thought were simple things:

should/could/would of - it amazes me really the amount of people that write this

something is better then something else - very common but I suppose very easy to do

there / their / they're - probably everyone does this at some stage or another, but doesn't detract from it looking stupid

I'm usually willing to forgive these things on a one off basis because let's face it when you're writing a post on a forum you're generally not proof reading it before you post it but repeated bad grammar does tend to grate after a while. Bad spelling bugs me though. If I think I've spelt something wrong I check it out on google before I post - its pretty bloody simple to do. The one thing that does still catch me out from time to time is the ise versus ize and the proper use of it's and its. I look it up every couple of months and it's the easiest rule there is but I'm always drawing a blank for some reason.

The problem with arguments like these is that you can ending making mistakes yourself and it doesn't help your case:

Seeing as we were on the subject of peeves

It amazes me how apparently educated people don’t seem to give a ****.

And I'm sure there's something I did wrong. I know I didn't bother with any commas…

Ugh totally man. It amazes me how apparently educated people don;t seem to give a ****. The ones that annoy me the most are: "I seen this movie" - it's I SAW ffs - PAST TENSE. Or "I done" - it's "I DID" - Grrrrr...
    ha ha - the funny thing about both of those is that I'm a lot more likely to talk like that than write it

• Advertisement

Ugh - FAIL! lol.... Ok well in fairness it's obvious that was obviously a typo - the keys are right beside eachother - I did not write it thinking it was actually correct...

I would have to say I'm not brilliant at spelling. I'd be in trouble if it was not for computers. I type pretty fast and usually just correct at the end, but sometimes just miss stuff. However when I'm typing a post here - while in work on a conference call at the same time, I might miss something - but writing a document or email - something important, I'll make sure it's all correct.

Advertisement