Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

havent been on boards too much lately,

sold the xone 3d, remembered i had an old bcd3000 lying gathering dust, hooked it up last night, downlaod drivers, etc, midi controls are working with traktor but when i play a song the song plays at about 1 thousandth the actual speed and theres no sound from it..

hmmm

thats with the bcd set to standard mode and afaik all inputs / outputs correct on the soundcard.

anyone any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

copeyhagen wrote: »
    anyone any ideas?

It's possessed?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Diego Smartly

copeyhagen wrote: »
    havent been on boards too much lately,

sold the xone 3d, remembered i had an old bcd3000 lying gathering dust, hooked it up last night, downlaod drivers, etc, midi controls are working with traktor but when i play a song the song plays at about 1 thousandth the actual speed and theres no sound from it..

hmmm

thats with the bcd set to standard mode and afaik all inputs / outputs correct on the soundcard.

anyone any ideas?

When the track plays sped up does the pitch adj on traktor move up with it or is it just the output on the BCD?

If its moving on traktor aswell I'd say don't assign the pitch on the BCD to anything on traktor and see if its the same. I'd a similar problem where anytime I touched the pitch on the BCD the pitch on traktor would just jump up and down all over the shop; so I just left it blank and it was grand.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I just saw the back page of the Independent there... OK I am not a fan of football - at all - but I just had to read the story of how an angry mob in balaclavas camped outside wayne rooneys house, threatening to kill him if he moved to Man City.

A very sad day for football humanity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

D.O.D. flicking your bean!

Someone posted that already I think - fukking brilliant though! Definitely one of the funniest things I've seen on the web in quite a while...

"I''ll make you wetter than a cup of tea"...
    "On the count of three, do the DOD finger dance"

LOL!

Bloody catchy tune too!!

Also check out "Cherry Poppin"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Zascar wrote: »
    Someone posted that already I think - fukking brilliant though! Definitely one of the funniest things I've seen on the web in quite a while...

"I''ll make you wetter than a cup of tea"...
    "On the count of three, do the DOD finger dance"

LOL!

Bloody catchy tune too!!

Also check out "Cherry Poppin"
    i was slammed with emails containing those videos.

have to admit it didnt do anything for me but everyone i talked to who had seen it thought it was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Yea same for me with that. Even when he's being made fun of, his face annoys me and I don't get a giggle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Almost had heart failure when I seen the thread title :eek::P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Just won €100 on a €3 scratch card, happy days! :D Rarely ever do them and have never won anything like that amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Cool. Nice start to the weekend. I used to be quite lucky with them. Won a grand once.....which was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Nice start indeed. A grand was some prize though! How are the muscles?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

SuprSi wrote: »
    Nice start indeed. A grand was some prize though! How are the muscles?
    Very nice indeed. It was along time ago and I was only 17 so I had to get my mother to claim it for me. Bless. Ha

I've won quite a few things though. €50 a couple of times and a Hamper of all things. Ha.

SuprSi wrote: »
    How are the muscles?
    A million times better, thank God. Just a bit of deadness still. Lesson learned..........again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Anyone heading down to the Twisted Pepper tonight? Cannot wait to see Aeroplane.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 37 audi4444

if i win the 16 million tonight i'm off fr a date with cheryl or even cher llyod there so hot.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

Was anyone else unfortunate enough to stumble across "take me out" on TV3 last night!?! Oh the humanity! Cringe factor one thousand. Contestants and presenter all tossers of the highest order.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Is the fckin business. I've been drinking it now in various strains for about 2 years and have delved more into the likes of Japanese Sencha tea over the last few months. It's known for numerous health benefits but in the last few days I was reading up on a variety called Matcha which is a powder form of green tea and is considered the most powerful antioxidant know to naturally occur - one point mentioned was that it can cure a hangover in five minutes! I bought some yesterday and can say that it most certainly made me feel considerably better than when I woke up this morning having had a bit too much wine last night. It's not cheap though, the cheapest option I could find in Dublin was 25 euro

Some info below... there is buckets of info online, this is just one of many I found from a quick google.
    Prepare for the REAL Matcha Revolution...

We've all heard the hype about green tea being good for us, which also helps explain the unprecedented recent explosion of green tea drinks, foods, supplements, even deserts.

But don't be fooled by clever back-of-bottle marketing such as, "Now with EGCG!" or the overused, "Contains green tea antioxidants!"....which makes it sounds like literally anything containing a microscopic amount of low-grade green tea extract is going to give you the kind of health benefits that true high-quality, whole-leaf, shade-grown, fresh Tencha-grade green tea can provide.

Not even close, no contest: imagine the difference between drinking water containing a small amount of old, processed, diluted orange juice-derived flavoring, compared to eating a...well, a whole organic orange, and the you get the idea.

Fortunately, more and more people are learning what many in Japan have known for centuries: to get the full benefits of the amazing green tea plant, the maximum impact, you have to "get the best and drink it whole": Matcha. Real, ceremonial-grade, Japanese Matcha.

And now that Matcha is finally starting to become available in the West, we may be at the very early rumblings of a Matcha Revolution -- based on the research and reported health benefits from this incredible green powder.

What is Matcha?

Real Matcha is the very high-quality, stone-ground powdered form of select shade-grown Japanese green tea leaves. It's like regular green tea on steroids, and then some: rather than just drinking green tea leaf-infused water, when you consume Matcha, you're actually getting the whole green tea leaf, and a very high quality green tea leaf at that (real Matcha is shade-grown, carefully prepared, hand-picked Tencha-grade), so you're drinking the full benefits of the best of the green tea leaf itself.

Countless studies over the years have illustrated the health benefits of green tea, and recently it seems like there's an explosion of new green tea findings: from lowering your risk of stroke to lowering cholesterol to fighting cancer to fighting cavities and gum disease to increasing mental clarity without the jittery effects of coffee. The list of potential benefits seems endless (we encourage you to do some research yourself...the massive list of researched health benefits is staggering).

But here's the amazing thing that many don't know: high-grade Matcha green tea in particular is exponentially more powerful than regular brewed green teas, so it's like amplifying all of these wonderful health and mental benefits in as little as one comparative serving. For example, Matcha green tea has approximately 70 times the antioxidants of orange juice, even higher than blueberries, and its unique EGCG catechin element (the subject of much current research) is one of the most powerful immune-boosting and anti-cancer substances known.

And guess what? Matcha green tea contains approximately 137 times the amount of EGCG as regular steeped green tea. Wow!

Imagine what that does to your brain and body if you drink it every day.

Of course, there's no one single cure all "superfood" that you should take at the expense of an overall healthy diet. Yet, you do have to wonder why the Japanese (particularly ritualistic Matcha-drinkers) seem to live longer than people elsewhere. And just how those Japanese monks are able to focus and concentrate intensely for 12-hour marathon meditation sessions. Maybe it's because they always drink matcha at the beginning of these sessions? Matcha is an integral, interwoven part of the religion, the meditation and ceremonies.

And they've been doing it for over 800 years.

But there are numerous other health benefits that you might not know about: several studies have shown it possess anti-viral and antibiotic properties, which assist with everything from digestion to killing harmful bacteria to helping prevent colds and flus. It increases your mental alertness and sharpness while also providing an almost meditative focusing, calming quality, which explains just why those monks in Asia have consumed Matcha religiously (pun intended), for over 800 years right before their long meditation sessions and ceremonies. It also has a naturally high vitamin C, flouride and chlorophyl content, among other vitamins and minerals, and nine times the beta carotene of spinach.

The list goes on, and we could go on. What else can we say other than it's good stuff.

So where to find Matcha? Good news, finally...

Fortunately, thanks to the recent health discoveries about Matcha combined
    with increased awareness and outright demand in the West, a couple companies have now made it possible to get real Japanese high-grade Matcha outside of Japan.

But be warned: not all products labeled "Matcha" or "green tea powder" are real, true, high-quality shade-grown properly prepared tencha-based Matcha! The importance of the quality and sourcing cannot be overstated: some are just ground low-quality Sencha or Bancha leaves, some even add coloring or flavoring or sweeteners...even MSG! YUCK!
    http://www.brainready.com/blog/dump_those_green_tea_drinks.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Is the fckin business. I've been drinking it now in various strains for about 2 years and have delved more into the likes of Japanese Sencha tea over the last few months. It's known for numerous health benefits but in the last few days I was reading up on a variety called Matcha which is a powder form of green tea and is considered the most powerful antioxidant know to naturally occur - one point mentioned was that it can cure a hangover in five minutes! I bought some yesterday and can say that it most certainly made me feel considerably better than when I woke up this morning having had a bit too much wine last night. It's not cheap though, the cheapest option I could find in Dublin was 25 euro

Some info below... there is buckets of info online, this is just one of many I found from a quick google.

That sounds right up my street - where'd ya get it?

ianuss wrote: »
    That sounds right up my street - where'd ya get it?

Forget the name of the shop - its a tea shop on Wicklow St, think it's a French name... roughly opposite Cornucopia.

Its really quality stuff - read somewhere else that it has much more caffeine than coffee but slow release over 4-6 hours, they say drink one cup in the morning and last hours. I didn't bother drinking coffee yesterday or today having had Matcha already.

• Advertisement

Lots more info actually here...

http://koyumatcha.com/wp/matcha/health/

Forget the name of the shop - its a tea shop on Wicklow St, think it's a French name... roughly opposite Cornucopia.

Its really quality stuff - read somewhere else that it has much more caffeine than coffee but slow release over 4-6 hours, they say drink one cup in the morning and last hours. I didn't bother drinking coffee yesterday or today having had Matcha already.

Cheers, I'll have to pick me up some of that during the week. I've exams coming up so I could do with the extra fizz.

Oh and you need either a bamboo whisk or small electric frother, I tried using a regular metal kitchen whisk and it didn't mix well, they are charging feckin almost 30 quid though for the bamboo whisk in that shop... I found an old frother that I paid about ten euro for and that works perfectly.

A video on youtube showing the preparation.

Oh and you need either a bamboo whisk or small electric frother, I tried using a regular metal kitchen whisk and it didn't mix well, they are charging feckin almost 30 quid though for the bamboo whisk in that shop... I found an old frother that I paid about ten euro for and that works perfectly.

A video on youtube showing the preparation.

That's some serious wrist action there.

Indeed, was thinking the same.

Just noticed actually that last website I posted is actually Irish and their product is available in lots of shops around Ireland.

http://koyumatcha.com/wp/about/find-koyu/

Jesus it takes ages to bounce down an hour long mix in Ableton.

I absolutely love tea, I drink green tea sometimes but I also love arabic tea mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭francois

more of a coffee person myself ( french genes) but i came across a delicious blend called Queen Mary from Twinings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭francois

christ i'm getting old-discussing tea on a saturday evening :D

• Advertisement

Saw Aeroplane last night, amazing set. Got home and drunkenly emailed him my vague track ID requests, and he just emailed back answering all of them! Amazingly nice.

Advertisement