Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Lots more info actually here...

http://koyumatcha.com/wp/matcha/health/
    Nice one - have never heard of this

I'm well into the green tea as well, started drinking it a few years ago to try reduce the caffeine intake - in work I drink it instead of regular tea, and 1 cup of coffee first thing, another mid afternoon, the rest of the time it's green tea - acceptable enough caffeine wise for me.

Green tea took a little bit of getting used to for me, but after a while I started really liking it and prefer it to regular tea now, except maybe with a fry - still can't bate a cup of breakfast tea with that.

I'll check out that shop on Wicklow street next time I'm passing - I usually just buy a large box of the cheap stuff in an Asian foodstore near work.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

joker77 wrote: »
    Nice one - have never heard of this

I'm well into the green tea as well, started drinking it a few years ago to try reduce the caffeine intake - in work I drink it instead of regular tea, and 1 cup of coffee first thing, another mid afternoon, the rest of the time it's green tea - acceptable enough caffeine wise for me.

Green tea took a little bit of getting used to for me, but after a while I started really liking it and prefer it to regular tea now, except maybe with a fry - still can't bate a cup of breakfast tea with that.

I'll check out that shop on Wicklow street next time I'm passing - I usually just buy a large box of the cheap stuff in an Asian foodstore near work.

Yeah I started for the same reason really, to drink less coffee. I've got quite fussy though now about the types of green tea - Japanese Sencha is definitely my favourite, I really want a traditional cast iron teapot too but they are pretty expensive. I haven't had a regular cup of tea in months, can't drink it anymore since moving to green!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

The support at Fake Blood last night must have had it in the red for the whole show. Constantly clipping, and the bass was just a big mess. Was really annoying but I don't think anybody noticed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭zega

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    The support at Fake Blood last night must have had it in the red for the whole show. Constantly clipping, and the bass was just a big mess. Was really annoying but I don't think anybody noticed it.

How was FB

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Cianh

Saw Aeroplane last night, amazing set. Got home and drunkenly emailed him my vague track ID requests, and he just emailed back answering all of them! Amazingly nice.

Nice one, you wouldn't expect that especially since he was travelling to scotland to play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Forget the name of the shop - its a tea shop on Wicklow St, think it's a French name... roughly opposite Cornucopia.

Its really quality stuff - read somewhere else that it has much more caffeine than coffee but slow release over 4-6 hours, they say drink one cup in the morning and last hours. I didn't bother drinking coffee yesterday or today having had Matcha already.

I picked up some of that stuff on my travels today. Got it for €20, box says 30 servings. Is that about right?

Anyway, I'm going to give it a blast tomorrow - really interested to see/feel any effects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Pffft! Green tea is for pussies!

I get a colonic every wednesday morning. Nothing like warm water slushing around your intestines to make you feel spiritually invigorated. Remember: clean sphincter, clean mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Jesus.....haven't had green tea since I went through a quasi buddhist phase when I was about 19 (I say quasi buddhist but what I mean is I was vegetarian, shaved my head and was into meditation and all that lark).
    Not a fan of the stuff I must say. Then again, it was my first experience with any sort of tea. Never drank the stuff til about 3 years ago.

I'm a coffee man meself. If any of y'all are into coffee but don't have a proper espresso maker at home, there's one for about 75 euro in Argos. Does the job perfectly (once you learn how to do it properly).

I must admit to being a green tea virgin, I'm just giving it a go as my noggin could do with some extra 'stay awake' for the next few weeks. And I'm not much of a coffee person, I'd have a cappucino after a meal but that's about it. I've a coffee maker collecting dust on the counter since before last Christmas. I even went and got a coffee bean grinder, but I find it's all a bit too much hassle.

Anyone else here remember the bullsh1t going around years ago, that if you drank tea with sugar in it after doing yokes it kept you up on them longer? I remember being at mental parties, with whatever sort of shennanigans going on, and once it got to a certain time everyone would be sitting around slurping on cups o' tae like a pack of aul' ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭francois

jtsuited wrote: »

I'm a coffee man meself. If any of y'all are into coffee but don't have a proper espresso maker at home, there's one for about 75 euro in Argos. Does the job perfectly (once you learn how to do it properly).

Haven't tried their machine, got a decent enough maker myself, well worth the investment if you enjoy coffee-can't drink instant, disgusting stuff, as is the crap served up in a lot of resturants, which is basically awful filter that's left stewing, though for a quick fix you can't beat stove top coffee makers, cheap as well
    something like this http://www.christonium.com/productreviews/Moka_Express_Stove_Top_Coffee_Maker

• Advertisement

ianuss wrote: »
    I picked up some of that stuff on my travels today. Got it for €20, box says 30 servings. Is that about right?

Anyway, I'm going to give it a blast tomorrow - really interested to see/feel any effects.

Its not the tastiest but equally not the worst, I'd prefer a regular green tea! Sounds about right, I paid 25 and that gives about 25 servings so it would seem I was robbed.

Yeah coffee fan too, bought a Krupps Nespresso maker last year and find it hard to beat the coffee from that. Bloody annoying that you can only buy the pods in Brown Thomas or online... although I believe its next day delivery when ordered online. The strongest pods are the best and up till recently a '10' was strongest - they've now added a 12 as a limited edition!

http://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/home;jsessionid=BDA2807765B12A0CCBE058D20B01AE3D.node1

Anyone else here remember the bullsh1t going around years ago, that if you drank tea with sugar in it after doing yokes it kept you up on them longer?.

used to be hot chocolate before that, and vicks!

Actually, I sat one Friday night/Saturday morning in the Leisure Plex in Coolock at about 4am with a mate of mine drinking a pot of tea - we were chatting away and next thing I see sweat dripping off his face and his eyes starting to roll etc, clearly coming back up on his pill from earlier in the night... He was feckin mad out of it again and I had to wait with him till he came down so we could go home! May or may not have been the tea!

Hot chocolate and spliffs was a Sunday morning pleasure after an all nighter in a gaff up in the Dublin mountains we used to go back to for parties.

Actually, I sat one Friday night/Saturday morning in the Leisure Plex in Coolock at about 4am with a mate of mine drinking a pot of tea - we were chatting away and next thing I see sweat dripping off his face and his eyes starting to roll etc, clearly coming back up on his pill from earlier in the night... He was feckin mad out of it again and I had to wait with him till he came down so we could go home! May or may not have been the tea!

Hot chocolate and spliffs was a Sunday morning pleasure after an all nighter in a gaff up in the Dublin mountains we used to go back to for parties.

It's only a matter of time before we have the old skool green tea-v-Barry's thread

francois wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time before we have the old skool green tea-v-Barry's thread

That might be the next name for this thread actually.

used to be hot chocolate before that, and vicks!

Vicks did actually work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Diego Smartly

Anyone else here remember the bullsh1t going around years ago, that if you drank tea with sugar in it after doing yokes it kept you up on them longer? I remember being at mental parties, with whatever sort of shennanigans going on, and once it got to a certain time everyone would be sitting around slurping on cups o' tae like a pack of aul' ones.

I've had this happen me plenty of times in work the next morning after being out. I don't think its anything got to do with the tea or sugar its just the warm feeling you get drinkin a hot liquid is intensified by the MDMA

Vicks did actually work though.

There used to be mad lads who wore those chemical masks smeared in vicks-i got it smeared on my eyelids and i have to say it FUKIN HURT

I've had this happen me plenty of times in work the next morning after being out. I don't think its anything got to do with the tea or sugar its just the warm feeling you get drinkin a hot liquid is intensified by the MDMA

It was definitely the heat - I remember leaving clubs and going into cold air and feeling it drop a bit, only to go back indoors and lash back some Buckfast or a shot of whiskey and off we go again :D

There used to be mad lads who wore those chemical masks smeared in vicks-i got it smeared on my eyelids and i have to say it FUKIN HURT

.....if you think that's bad. I used to work as commi-chef when I was a wee lad. Loads of food preparation and that. Never, ever try and knock one out after chopping chillis.

• Advertisement

I remember getting massages off willing ladies in the Temple of Sound and they used Olbas oil, it was fkcin great but could also have a burning effect... the massage would have been during a break such as the one in this. Oh the memories...

K-klass - 1-2-3 (Sabres Of Paradise mix)

.....if you think that's bad. I used to work as commi-chef when I was a wee lad. Loads of food preparation and that. Never, ever try and knock one out after chopping chillis.

Never EVER have a slash after coming into contact with jalepeno peppers

I feel your pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

A friend of mine is convinced that, a lemsip with a table spoon of sugar in it is great for keeping you up longer. its the vitamin c, the sugar and paracetamol he claims makes the magic happen. Only ever gave me heartburn.

My full support for an ol warm cup of tea with sugar tho. Its like a party in my mouth and everyone's invited!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I remember getting massages off willing ladies in the Temple of Sound and they used Olbas oil, it was fkcin great but could also have a burning effect... the massage would have been during a break such as the one in this. Oh the memories...

K-klass - 1-2-3 (Sabres Of Paradise mix)

I know I'm a bit wrecked but does anybody se a picture of a monkey (baboon like) in the bottom middle of those visuals? Keeps coming into focus and then fading to the left. :confused: If not, I need some sleep!

Also, does the name changing of the thread keep dropping the thread out out your subscribed threads list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I know I'm a bit wrecked but does anybody se a picture of a monkey (baboon like) in the bottom middle of those visuals? Keeps coming into focus and then fading to the left. :confused: If not, I need some sleep!

Get this man some Vicks, a cup of tea, olbas oil and a Lemsip. Stat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

I do remember loads of mad out of it heads used to end up in Jimmy deans (some kebab shop now) on Georges street after the OLYMPIC before venturing into SIDES & or the ASYLUM, loads of cups of tea with spliffs were consumed before heading on to the next venue, mmmmmmm was so fuc.king nice having a long hard draw off a spliff full of putty black, inhale into the lungs, take a sup of tea & exhale through the nose......Aahhhhhhhhhhhh:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Many a gaff in the Dublin mountains but went back to one meself once or twice, did the name of the gaffs initials begin with M.V.??
    It was definitely the heat - I remember leaving clubs and going into cold air and feeling it drop a bit, only to go back indoors and lash back some Buckfast or a shot of whiskey and off we go again :D

The heat, absolutley essential part of any self respecting rave/club, all this nonsense where clubs boast about how high spec the air con is!!!! Bullsh.it!!!! Air con is for posers that dont want to break a sweat because it might ruin their image:D

Air con is for posers that dont want to break a sweat because it might ruin their image:D

Well yeah them and those that don't want to suffer heatstroke. Proper ventilation in clubs has prevented an uncountable amount of ecstasy related deaths over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Actually, it's the sugar, part of the reason why pills work is the use of glycogen by the receptor sites that are effected by the 5-HT release, seeing as most people won't eat on pills and could have their dinner at about 5 or 6 before heading out and then proceed to dance all night it is entirely possible that blood glycogen levels could be dropping about 12 hours later. As such, this would inhibit the effectiveness of the drugs in their system.

I reckon.

• Advertisement

Yeah, speaking as someone with a rudimentary grasp of the seretonergic system, the sugar is simply refuelling the drug mechanism.

Advertisement