Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Fair play grimey well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

SuprSi wrote: »
    Fair play grimey well done!

Cheers man. Pretty chuffed about it, as it's my first original track!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

sounds great mate, mucho enjoyable the way that builds to that 2:33 mark and then scoots along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

black_cat_batman.jpg

Ah here, you could have at least thanked the guy who posted it originally if your going to reuse it,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68713534&postcount=1

Wow. My new track was just posted of Neonized, one of my favourite blogs with like 2/3000 hits a day!

Here's a soundcloud link if anyone's interested.

Godd stuff chief will give it a listen now,

EDIT:

Just had a listen & have to say i like the bass line that creeps in at about 2:00mins, wouldnt be my bag overall but fair play, heres an old tape i converted i picked up back in 1993 with s few tracks on it you may or may not like sure give em a listen anyways,

Merchants arch 1993 tape
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4brt1gx9fl9ta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Anyone growing the Mo this year?

http://ie.movember.com/

Think I'm going to go for a trucker style handlebar job

Kings of Leon playing Slane next year - May 28th, apparently confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

joker77 wrote: »
    Yeah It's confirmed. MCD confirmed it on Facebook.

Proper band for somewhere as big as Slane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Ah here, you could have at least thanked the guy who posted it originally if your going to reuse it,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68713534&postcount=1

Ah here, I actually found it here:
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2010/10/27/the-best-minimalist-halloween-costume-ever/

I've never looked at that other thread in my life.

Ah here, I actually found it here:
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2010/10/27/the-best-minimalist-halloween-costume-ever/

I've never looked at that other thread in my life.

Ah here, sound:D

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yeah It's confirmed. MCD confirmed it on Facebook.

Proper band for somewhere as big as Slane.

That'd be a good gig. Picked up tickets last night for Elbow in the O2 next March - should be a good one too.

SuprSi wrote: »
    That'd be a good gig. Picked up tickets last night for Elbow in the O2 next March - should be a good one too.
    Yeah Slane is a great venue but getting in and out of the place is a disaster. Been there twice and the for first gig it took 6 hours to back home to Dublin! Second time I went I made sure I left during the encore. Think we were on the first bus out of the place. Once bitten.

Elbow sounds like it'll be a great gig.

Kings of Leon. Are you kidding me? Christ on a wobbly stick...

Look at this embarrassment of a video:

Not really that bad a song I grant you but how many cliches can you fit in about black people and when the lead singer has the two kids run to him and hug him - shudder.

And read this entertaining account by Andy Cato of Groove Armada about playing the V Festival with the Kings of Leon:

http://www.groovearmada.com/#blogs--article--Andy-Europe-England-and-the-Kings-Calvacade

What a bunch of asshats.

BTW I have the first two albums and thought they were pretty good if a bit naff in the lyrics department (I can't say I care too much about the singers erection problems on soft) but they descended in to a bunch of muck.

Videos? That's so 90's!

I'm actually surprised that bands still make videos at all.

The Kings of Leons may or may not be a bunch of tossers but I still like their music.

Videos? That's so 90's!

The Kings of Leons may or may not be a bunch of tossers but I still like their music.

Just watch the vidjoe - it made my eyeballs spasm and pass out. I was blind for two hours afterwards.

Also it doesn't really matter if they're tossers it's true but if you start to dislike a band it helps so much more if you find out they are tossers as well.

Videos? That's so 90's!

First review i read of the kings of leon way back before they made said they were like a cross between,

creedence clearwater revival

album-chronicle-vol-1-the-20-greatest-hits.jpg

And,

The band

51%2BW2ts5zBL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I personally wouldnt have said they were as good as either but somwhere in the middle, you should dig the two bands mentioned anyways if you like the Kings of leon.

I like some of the CCR stuff (of what I've heard of them) but not that familiar with the other band.

Love this song

I like some of the CCR stuff (of what I've heard of them) but not that familiar with the other band.

Love this song

The Band's first two albums (Music from The Big Pink and The Band) would be pretty essential listening imo.

Someone get that guy a doughnut, STAT!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

The Band's first two albums (Music from The Big Pink and The Band) would be pretty essential listening imo.

Scenes from one of my favourite DVDs, Joe Cocker is ****ing ELECTRIC. Not elegantly wasted like the other 60s lads, this was just a complete piss head who happened to have a voice that would chase you five miles down the road. One of the best covers of all time

@ 4:55 :shocked: Shivers up the spine

jimi_t2 wrote: »

@ 4:55 :shocked: Shivers up the spine

Sorry in advance but I couldn't resist...

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

joker77 wrote: »

kings of leon are ****ing horrible bunch of *****, i hate when people put them on, when your on a come down - grimness of the highest order

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

kings of leon are ****ing horrible bunch of *****, i hate when people put them on, when your on a come down - grimness of the highest order

If anybody put them on at the end of a heavy sesh I would physically assault them

Might buy a Korg Microkorg. They're going for €250 on ads, and only a hundred quid more new. Should I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Might buy a Korg Microkorg. They're going for €250 on ads, and only a hundred quid more new. Should I?

Not a hope. You'd get an MS2000 for 300 odd which is actually pretty good bar the MIDI timing issues and offers you some bit of control, or if you're looking for something portable for gigging I'd get a Micron or something for the same price. Microkorgs are neither one thing or the other really.

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Not a hope. You'd get an MS2000 for 300 odd which is actually pretty good bar the MIDI timing issues and offers you some bit of control, or if you're looking for something portable for gigging I'd get a Micron or something for the same price. Microkorgs are neither one thing or the other really.

Yeah, the MS2000 is also on the list, but I think it's not really right for what I need, and if I was going that route I'd probably get an MS-20.

The Micron is, from what I've heard, more or less the same as the Microkorg, but the Korg has more knobs etc, and is used by loads of big producers, which is a plus. The Korg R3 also looks great, basically the Microkorg's bigger brother.

If anybody put them on at the end of a heavy sesh I would physically assault them
    Yea I hear ya - would usually be a female though.

Won't be going to Slane, have never been - it's my idea of a nightmare spending that much time getting there and back, queueing for hours. Have never really been tempted either, suppose the bands that typically play aren't really my bag.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I wish people would stay in topic - I'm gonna have to start issuing bans soon if this thread continues to go off topic. :pac:

Back on topic, that Matcha tea is great - once again last night I had a bit too much wine/green stuff and decided to hit the decks for a few hours for a personal rave, felt a bit sh1t this morning and had my Matcha tea, right as rain after.

• Advertisement

I wish people would stay in topic - I'm gonna have to start issuing bans soon if this thread continues to go off topic. :pac:

Back on topic, that Matcha tea is great - once again last night I had a bit too much wine/green stuff and decided to hit the decks for a few hours for a personal rave, felt a bit sh1t this morning and had my Matcha tea, right as rain after.
    I'll have to give that stuff a blast, where did you say the shop was again?

A personal rave eh? ha ha - sounds good. How do you keep the kids asleep though?

Advertisement