Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Can you still buy Damiana tea in Ireland or did that get taken out during the final head shop purge? I used to find it nice at the end of an evening for it's slight psychedelic sleep effects.

Never used it as an aphrodisiac (cos I'm so freakin' virile to start with) :p

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

old gregg wrote: »
    +1 Liking this

I had a mate who'd put that on in the small hours when we'd run out of Tangerine Dream to listen to. great choice.

Yeah I can imagine it would work nicely after the intensity of Tangerine Dream!

And while I think of it, that TB Sheets reminds me of this too as it was another late night fav in those sessions...

Donovan - Get thy bearings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

. I use a full teaspoon per cup - how much are you going with?

I've stuck to the recommended half teaspoon so far. Which is enough for me. I'm only drinking it though. Sounds like you're a fiend for the stuff man! You snorting it or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

And while I think of it, that TB Sheets reminds me of this too as it was another late night fav in those sessions...

Donovan - Get thy bearings

Ahh Donovan…

Butthole Surfers did a version of this which was the exact same:

And this is just sublime:

• Advertisement

ianuss wrote: »
    I've stuck to the recommended half teaspoon so far. Which is enough for me. I'm only drinking it though. Sounds like you're a fiend for the stuff man! You snorting it or what?

Yeah snortin, bangin up, in my eye lids, up my hole etc - anyway basically I can get it into the bloodstream, fast.

and on the subject of the Hurdy Gurdy man ...

Quiz question for some: Steve Hillage in the vid wernt on to form which electronic music outfit with partner Miquette Giraudy? Should be an easy one.

System 7 - what do I win?

old gregg wrote: »
    Quiz question for some: Steve Hillage in the vid wernt on to form which electronic music outfit with partner Miquette Giraudy? Should be an easy one.

That would be System 7 Mr. Old Gregg

yea I knew it was too easy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭francois

System 7 - what do I win?

A copy of Gong's Camembert electrique, also featuring Mr Hillage

O yea, everyone's showing off now with their Steve Hillage knowledge.

Hippies :p

Tell me, for folks round here who'd rate Kit Clayton's Nek Sanalet, what else by him would you recommend? Just for my personal enjoyment while walking. I've had that for ages but never delved further. Thx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

http://theoatmeal.com
    Brilliant. I do believe this is my favourite new site!

+1

Brilliant stuff altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

There's apparently 25,000 students protesting up on O'Connell street today, yet the Irish Independent have no mention of it on their website.

This strikes me as a little odd.

joker77 wrote: »
    There's apparently 25,000 students protesting up on O'Connell street today, yet the Irish Independent have no mention of it on their website.

This strikes me as a little odd.
    Ah I'm sure Alison will be reporting on it this Sunday. "250,000 home owners protest in Cork about decreasing housing values"

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Ah I'm sure Alison will be reporting on it this Sunday. "250,000 home owners protest in Cork about decreasing housing values"

I think she'd put a lifestyle spin on it. Some thing about how hard it is to find a cute guy at a protest rally, how much tan is too much when you're getting your picture taken at the rally or cosmos and chaos, can you mix and march?.

• Advertisement

He's never gonna live it down is he. I doubt he could go back on air after that?

He had Ireland's only "celebrity" solicitor on the radio this morning defending his honour. Apparently he was off his nut on Solphadine(?). And had a few drinks also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Solphadine(?)
    ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

It's Solpadeine. No H.
    People prounouncing it as if it has a h (or an f) actually drives me berserk. One of my many irritances.

He's never gonna live it down is he. I doubt he could go back on air after that?

He had Ireland's only "celebrity" solicitor on the radio this morning defending his honour. Apparently he was off his nut on Solphadine(?). And had a few drinks also.

Na, he's toast.

To be fair, he may well have taken some Solphadine, and it could have had an effect on him as he'd been drinking for the day. But he took his knob out ffs. On a cramped plane. Best of luck talking your way out of that one.....

jtsuited wrote: »
    ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

It's Solpadeine. No H.
    People prounouncing it as if it has a h (or an f) actually drives me berserk. One of my many irritances.

Stuff like that bugs the sh1t out of me too. I had, what turned out to be a pretty heated argument with a colleague, over the spelling of cellotape. She was absolutely insistent that it was Sellotope. Sellotape is a fu.cking brand you moron!

Despite sending her various links and emails clearly showing she was wrong, She continued to try and tell people she was right. I lost all respect for her after that.

Stuff like that bugs the sh1t out of me too. I had, what turned out to be a pretty heated argument with a colleague, over the spelling of cellotape. She was absolutely insistent that it was Selotope.

Despite sending her various links and emails clearly showing she was wrong, She continued to try and tell people she was right. I lost all respect for her after that.

But, eh, it's spelt Sellotape. Cellotape is a corruption of Sellotape that's just found its way into common usage is it not? So in that instance wouldn't you both be wrong?

But, eh, it's spelt Sellotape. Cellotape is a corruption of Sellotape that's just found its way into common usage is it not? So in that instance wouldn't you both be wrong?

No, it's spelt cellotape - because it's cellulose based.

No, it's spelt cellotape - because it's cellulose based.

But the name of the company is Sellotape where the name is derived from, much like Hoover is a brand name but has entered common usage as the name of an appliance.

Even worse is the confusion over loose/lose, that particularly gets on my wick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Is it not sticky back plastic if not using the tradename?

Or was it actually called cellotape before the brandname?

I would imagine they changed the c to an s to avoid being so instrument specific. Celiists aren't a big market like.

• Advertisement

But the name of the company is Sellotape where the name is derived from, much like Hoover is a brand name but has entered common usage as the name of an appliance.

Sorry, I don't care what the name of the company is. The sh1t you use to stick to stuff is spelt cellotape. End of.

I know the whole hoover/vacum cleaner and biro/pen thing. But that doesn't take away from the fact that people are eroneously using brand names.

Advertisement