Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

There not really that rare lads I see them the whole time during winter but then I have glaucoma so I see halos around everthing…

Now i really did laugh from my gut there reading that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

There not really that rare lads I see them the whole time during winter but then I have glaucoma so I see halos around everthing…
    Try laser surgery... halos around a lot of things some nights (especially when chemically enhanced)

You would get a better visual from these glasses so seeing as your already seeing halos:D

http://holospec.com/ravefireworksholographicglasses-6pair.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

reminds me of those wanky glasses Fatboy Slim gave out at EP a few years back so we could see smiley faces while he wasted our time :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Seen this over in the alternative/indie forum. I'm in work so I can't listen or look at the files properly but Phoenix are giving away stems (I think) of some of their tracks to let you make up your own remixes. Might be worth checking out:

http://wearephoenix.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What a brilliant idea.

bulldogu.jpg

Taken from here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

If anyone's interested I just did an interview with a great young Belgian producer, Faisal. Although the tunes might not be for everyone, he talks about his favourite DAWs/plug-ins, and how things have changed (or haven't) since he started production.

Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

Good interview :) Nice to read about his DAW setup

It's going to be a tough winter, I can't meet my mortgage repayments, we've run out of oil and they are threatening to cut our electricity. We are in such a black hole that I don't know how we'll pull through. Thank God then for the government announcing that we will at least be able to avail of some free cheese for this Christmas! Thank you Brendan Smith and Brian Cowen, you are giants amongst men! I wish I could afford batteries for my digital camera to take pictures of what will surely be looks of joy on my children when they open their blocks of cheddar on christmas morning.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/smith-announces-free-cheese-for-christmas-scheme-480536.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

It's going to be a tough winter, I can't meet my mortgage repayments, we've run out of oil and they are threatening to cut our electricity. We are in such a black hole that I don't know how we'll pull through. Thank God then for the government announcing that we will at least be able to avail of some free cheese for this Christmas! Thank you Brendan Smith and Brian Cowen, you are giants amongst men! I wish I could afford batteries for my digital camera to take pictures of what will surely be looks of joy on my children when they open their blocks of cheddar on christmas morning.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/smith-announces-free-cheese-for-christmas-scheme-480536.html

LOL Brilliant

• Advertisement

How about free whiskey to keep the cold away:D

My returns to Chemical Records didn't go too well... partly my fault

I sent back Âme - Rrose Sélavy EP because it was damaged, in return they sent me another copy of Sigha - Rawww EP (which was a different record on the original order, so I already had). The reason it was partly my fault was because I quoted the wrong Catalogue number on my original email asking about returns. I corrected the Catalogue number in an immediate follow up mail. Surely when they were going to send something back they'd check to ensure they were sending a good copy of WHAT WAS RETURNED!!!!????!!!

Anyways. I'm left with 2 copies of Sigha - Rawww and no Âme - Rrose Sélavy...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

On the upside, it's a bloody great record, actually just listened to it (cosmic coincidence man etc.).
    If only it had been Sigha's Shake record. I'd buy it off ya then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭francois

I wish I could afford batteries for my digital camera to take pictures of what will surely be looks of joy on my children when they open their blocks of cheddar on christmas morning.

This nonsense is as bad as the 80's when the welfare gave out free tins of spam would you believe

I thought April 1st had come early when I heard this on the news

francois wrote: »
    This nonsense is as bad as the 80's when the welfare gave out free tins of spam would you believe

Remember butter vouchers? We're back in eighties baby, big style. Break out of the desert boots and duffle coats because it's going to be a long winter!

Eh McGonagles, Lambo, SPUC Off, Car Bombs, Heroin, Harp, Mullets and Moustaches, patterned jumpers, stonewashed denim…

Christ, the eighties were truly awful…

Remember butter vouchers? We're back in eighties baby, big style. Break out of the desert boots and duffle coats because it's going to be a long winter!

Eh McGonagles, Lambo, SPUC Off, Car Bombs, Heroin, Harp, Mullets and Moustaches, patterned jumpers, stonewashed denim…

Was to young back in the eighties to be working but i remember my brother was paying 70p to the pound in tax:eek:

Oh and where are you going with your stone washed denim ya rich bastard........it was a bottle of bleach & jeans in the sink round my way.

McGonagles was pretty good for saturday afternoon gigs to be fair-also SPUC took me to court for giving out telephone numbers of abortion clinics in the UK would you believe

McGonagles was pretty good for saturday afternoon gigs to be fair-also SPUC took me to court for giving out telephone numbers of abortion clinics in the UK would you believe

In fairness McGonagles really shouldn't be in the list, I was just thinking of things that reminded me of the eighties and that was one of them for some reason. Then the list got slowly more and more depressing…

Go Francois, you mad fella. Sticking it to SPUC. What a bunch of fookin' nutters! What was the outcome of the court case anyways?

-also SPUC took me to court for giving out telephone numbers of abortion clinics in the UK would you believe

here's something I wanted yo ask y'all because I was a bit young to remember (but I do remember when abortion and the troubles were the only features on radio news - I was a weird child and at about the age of 4 had somehow confused them into being a single issue)....

Mary Robinson was elected president around the time the abortion referendum happened yeah?

In my casual reading about her, she sort of made her career out of being a pro-choice feminist though. So how was it that the abortion referendum was so decisively won by the pro-lifers, yet she was elected president in the space of a couple of years?

Was it that people just didn't know where her background was or was there a change of heart or what?

Be interesting to hear you lads' opinions of it, especially now that Francois turns out to be a card carrying political radicalist :D

oh and pardon my ignorance but what was the SPUC? I'm imagining something like the Youth Defense?

• Advertisement

In fairness McGonagles really shouldn't be in the list, I was just thinking of things that reminded me of the eighties and that was one of them for some reason. Then the list got slowly more and more depressing…

Go Francois, you mad fella. Sticking it to SPUC. What a bunch of fookin' nutters! What was the outcome of the court case anyways?

We won in the high court, on a point of law-to be fair to the judge she called them "self-appointed watchdogs" but lost the supreme court. We ignored the injunction anyway.
    Bunch of crazy people, used to get **** in the post, abusive phone calls, the works

jtsuited wrote: »
    oh and pardon my ignorance but what was the SPUC? I'm imagining something like the Youth Defense?

Society for the protection of the unborn child

We won in the high court, on a point of law-to be fair to the judge she called them "self-appointed watchdogs" but lost the supreme court. We ignored the injunction anyway.
    Bunch of crazy people, used to get **** in the post, abusive phone calls, the works
    Actual ****?

here's something I wanted yo ask y'all because I was a bit young to remember (but I do remember when abortion and the troubles were the only features on radio news - I was a weird child and at about the age of 4 had somehow confused them into being a single issue)....

Mary Robinson was elected president around the time the abortion referendum happened yeah?

In my casual reading about her, she sort of made her career out of being a pro-choice feminist though. So how was it that the abortion referendum was so decisively won by the pro-lifers, yet she was elected president in the space of a couple of years?

Was it that people just didn't know where her background was or was there a change of heart or what?

Be interesting to hear you lads' opinions of it, especially now that Francois turns out to be a card carrying political radicalist :D

Well, her election was due in part to the collapse of Brian Lenihan Snr's campaign. It was something (if I recall) about a interview he gave with a student journalist and later denied giving which destroyed his campaign.

I think she was the only other decent candidate at the time I think and she was a lawyer so she at least had some knowledge in dealing properly with constitutional matters…

Also I remember her giving interviews where she assured people that her own political leanings would not interfere with the running of the presidental office.

The initial referendum in the 80's poisoned irish society-the major problem was with the wording of it-it was really badly phrased, and thus ambiguous.
    After the X case (whereby a young girl threatened suicide if denied the right to an abortion after a rape) another referendum was held during Robinson's tenure.
    To be fair, most poeple knew Robinson's political affiliations. Her FF opponent Lenihan was caught out lying ( the infamous "upon mature recollection") which finished his campaign off, and the FG candidate Austin Currie was so poor, Dustin the turkey out polled him in tallaght

This is quite a complex one i think & can only guess at the reasons, mary robinson has a huge realtionship & attachment to the labour party which would point towards the pro choice, feminist, people first religion second aspect of it but the country was an entirley different place regarding how influential the church still was & it had been drummed into the electorates heads for years that the position of the church still somehow had validity to influence an entire nation into voting the way they saw it.

So like i said i am only guessing but i imagine it was a swaying of a left vote that got her into the presidency & the same left voters that still had an over bearing sense of catholic values washing around their heads when it came to voting on such matters......perhaps.

Yeah I remember Brian Lenihan's breakdown. Austin Currie was the Fine Gael candidate iirc

joker77 wrote: »
    Actual ****?

yep-along with letters calling us "fags like david norris" -such was the mindset of these people

I was born in '77 so my memory of the 80s is a mix of Haughey/Paisley/Thatcher and Michael J Fox. :D

• Advertisement

yep-along with letters calling us "fags like david norris" -such was the mindset of these people

haha little did they know that he would become the nation's favourite homosexual Bloomsday-fanatical Senator.

Advertisement