Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Pace2008 wrote: »
    I've entered two of the 515 competitions on the Clubbing forum and won tickets to Sasha on the second go. My mate also has a 50% hit rate for same.

I'd say there are on average about 5 people entering them, tops.

Yeah I got tickets to a gig there during the year off them, plus two to the Banter @ Twisted Pepper yoke for the festival talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Philip Glass concert on Tuesday !

Just when i see the Philip glass reference, have you ever seen this movie,

Koyaanisqatsi

Koyaanisqatsi-Life-Out-of-Balance-B000068OCS-L.jpg

Philip glass is the composer on it & i have to say it completley blew me away when i first seen it, the score is perfectly composed to build the momentum that is being portrayed visully & really nails it with maximum impact......this is a must see with no distractions from start to end on a big screen with stereo up a good whack, i would advise also to watch it without drink as the pi.ss breaks will only interupt the flow of the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I remember being a little bit eh under the influence and then this happened on the telly.

Having been a Glass fan for years, I knew the piece obviously, but it was such an extraordinarily highbrow reference for something like scrubs that I thought I was having aural hallucinations.

Just when i see the Philip glass reference, have you ever seen this movie,

Sign of a good session gaff is either this or Baraka on the shelves

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103767/

On the subject of Glass, asides from the great inclusion of his stuff in the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack, my favourite pop culture reference to him is in my favourite episode of Frasier (which includes Patrick Stewart, also a complete legend)

Frasier: He is only the head of the Seattle Opera Guild, and one of the finest directors in the world!
    Niles: His productions are brilliant! He staged a Philip Glass opera last year and no one left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Sign of a good session gaff is either this or Baraka on the shelves

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103767/

Ahh yes, i have Baraka & also have the second & third installment of the Qatsi trilogy films,

Powaqqatsi

powaqqatsi-life-in-transformation-large.jpg

Second one is also fantasic to watch but doesnt quite have the unique fluidity that the first one nailed, it is still an astounding film also with another great score from glass that was used in the truman show.

I would not rate the third installment of these highly & was very dissapointed when i seen it, i dont think it ssits well with the other films but perhaps i should look at it again as i only watched it the once & then shelved it dissapointed,

Naqoyqatsi

naqoyqatsi.jpg&t=1

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I was parking my car in town today and this bastardn wasp decided to chase me around my car - I'm a fckin wuss when it comes to wasps and this bollix was not giving up, I was swinging my laptop bag like a feckin lunatic in the car park... can only imagine what I looked like to anyone nearby. What the fck are they still doing about in bloody November???

I was parking my car in town today and this bastardn wasp decided to chase me around my car - I'm a fckin wuss when it comes to wasps and this bollix was not giving up, I was swinging my laptop bag like a feckin lunatic in the car park... can only imagine what I looked like to anyone nearby. What the fck are they still doing about in bloody November???

Anything thats left is going ape**** cause they're dying. Good riddance to the feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

the only reason they'd have been after you is if your hair was full of hairspray, and maybe back-combed into a beehive.

Were you using excessive quantities of fragrant hairspray? tongue.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

old gregg wrote: »
    the only reason they'd have been after you is if your hair was full of hairspray, and maybe back-combed into a beehive.

Were you using excessive quantities of fragrant hairspray? tongue.gif

Yeah its probably that bloody VO5 - going through a good 3 tins a week at the moment, the beehive is an absolute torment to keep in tip-top pristine condition, but worth it for the sheer lady pullin' factor. :cool:

Rugby internationals today. Get in!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Rugby's just an excuse for 15 posh lads to shower together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

ianuss wrote: »
    and bend over and grab each others balls

and?

Anyone know what in gods name the craic is with that massive afterparty yoke at the back of middle abbey street. Was outside it last night and there must have been 200 on the guestlist...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Anyone know what in gods name the craic is with that massive afterparty yoke at the back of middle abbey street. Was outside it last night and there must have been 200 on the guestlist...

I was at an after party there a few weeks ago, it's an amazing place for it. Full set-up inside, place sells can, designated smoking room, proper toilets. Was great.

And ship the +1 for POGO tonight. Am actually on fire competition wise :D

Really dunno can I face the weather thought - absolutely rotten outside and I'm still rough from Liebing last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Ha, found out I'm DJing after MIA in Tripod next week. Sweet. At the same time, when I'm playing, I'm gonna be looking at the crowd going "You paid €80 for this?".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

So... rugby... there'll be no power shift from the southern hemisphere for the foreseeable future then. Right that's that sorted. Oh no wait, I forgot, they're only 'friendlies'

joker77 wrote: »
    So... rugby... there'll be no power shift from the southern hemisphere for the foreseeable future then. Right that's that sorted. Oh no wait, I forgot, they're only 'friendlies'

to be fair to Ireland, the real problem we face in beating Southern Hemisphere teams is mere physicality. We have fast skillful players, they have equally fast and skillful players who are just a hell of a lot bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭francois

joker77 wrote: »

Good second half-O'Gara made a serious contribution as a sub, we were lucky going into the 2nd half with such a small margin, their pack were taking the piss at one stage. Watched the Corry cup final last week and either team would have given us a run for our money
    Bit of damp squib for the first rugby game there-not great atmosphere, but the IRFU have a lot to answer for with the ticketing policy, albeit with a bit of backtracking during the week.
    Was surprised by the amount of RSA supporters around town, given that it was a friendly

• Advertisement

there's not really ever a friendly between a Northern Hemisphere team and a Southern Hemisphere one though.
    I mean there's always such questions in both hemispheres how they'll fair against each other and because the World Cup only comes round every so often, these matches are a big deal for everyone not least the players.

And jesus that match was anything BUT friendly. The hits going in were sick and the intensity was full on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

I know they say Russia can be a dangerous place, but this is taking it to the extreme. Even their hamsters wanna fukk you up!
    http://www.break.com/index/evil-hamster-attacks-russians-1947267

That's one mean hamster!

francois wrote: »
    Good second half-O'Gara made a serious contribution as a sub, we were lucky going into the 2nd half with such a small margin, their pack were taking the piss at one stage. Watched the Corry cup final last week and either team would have given us a run for our money
    Bit of damp squib for the first rugby game there-not great atmosphere, but the IRFU have a lot to answer for with the ticketing policy, albeit with a bit of backtracking during the week.
    Was surprised by the amount of RSA supporters around town, given that it was a friendly

Yeah, "friendly" was the furthest thing from it. I thought the O'Gara / Bowe try was quality...gutted we didn't manage the extra couple of points in the end though.

Anybody see the All Blacks game? I'm not quite sure if the English played well or the All Blacks were just off-form in the second half.

acman wrote: »
    Yeah, "friendly" was the furthest thing from it. I thought the O'Gara / Bowe try was quality...gutted we didn't manage the extra couple of points in the end though.

Anybody see the All Blacks game? I'm not quite sure if the English played well or the All Blacks were just off-form in the second half.

fcuk fcuk fcuk . just remembered this match!!!! sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

What about super (non league) FC United on Friday night beating Rochdale in the FA Cup what an amazing night for a club only formed 5 years ago the stuff of fairytales...LUHG:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

jtsuited wrote: »
    fcuk fcuk fcuk . sh1te.

Another outbreak of dyslexic tourettes? 'Tis an awful burden that...

I was at an after party there a few weeks ago, it's an amazing place for it. Full set-up inside, place sells can, designated smoking room, proper toilets. Was great.

I was back in Dublin 2 weeks ago and went to the POD which was alright i suppose nothing to write home about (to be honest compared to clubs here nowhere in Ireland compares unfortunately) but some friends of mine went to this night your talking about i went home as i was flying back the next day but ive heard this is a great night but for the life of me i cannot understand if this is a warehouse party why in Gods name have they a "designated smoking area":eek: i mean it's an illegal after hours rave anyway so it beggars belief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Soccer's just an excuse for 11 working class lads to wax their legs and display their love of amateur dramatics.

Lets not get into a juvenile debate about which sport is best, football for me clearly is no 1,i like Rugby but don't like the fact that it's primarily the "sport of D4 heads/snobs" in Dublin (outside Dublin this is not the case especially Munster where everyone regardless of class is into it)

Now im off to Blackrock on the dort roight :D

• Advertisement

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Lets not get into a juvenile debate about which sport is best
    +
    jonnny68 wrote: »
    i like Rugby but don't like the fact that it's primarily the "sport of D4 heads/snobs" in Dublin (outside Dublin this is not the case especially Munster where everyone regardless of class is into it)
    Now im off to Blackrock on the dort roight :D
    Nice...

So my contribution to why soccer is shoite...

soccer_rugby_difference.jpg

Advertisement